ADVERTISEMENT

Off topic.. Bulls trade butler?

yunginsNU2

All-American
May 24, 2006
Don't think the Bulls got good value out of this trade... I feel like they could have gotten more but what can you do????

I read somebody elses assessment that made me laugh. Chicago paid a stupid price to trade up for Mitch Trubisky, and got nothing for Butler. I don't follow the NBA too much, so I am curious how anyone would think this was a good deal for Chicago. Wasn't Cleveland really interested in him?

Actually yes they were.. Bulls wanted Irving and cle wasn't dealing. If mcvine can develop into half the 2 way player butler is then I agree bulls will be fine.. especially since the PG they also got in the deal was the #5 overall pick last year. I've had time to dive a little bit more into it and have realized I may have had a knee jerk reaction to it at first and now think it will actually give them hopefully some more che.istry moving forward.. they still have some dealing to do as well with wade and Rondo more than likely traded too.. hoping for the best

Wolves won big on this one.
Certainly seems to be the consensus from the commentators. To top it off they got the Garnett look alike with the pick they traded down to. They could be pretty good down the pike.

Seems like Boston could've topped that offer for butler if they wanted to, but Chicago needed a reset. They weren't gonna win anything with the team they had which every one knew when they built it last year. I have no idea how you watch the warriors and cavs keep going to the finals and decide starting 3 guys who can't really shoot is the way to go. Dunn was terrible last year but rookie pgs usually are and Lavine is off his rookie contract after this year so he's gonna have to get paid. Plus I'm not a fan of the guy they drafted but at least now they'll suck enough they can start to rebuild with young guys rather than flounder in mediocrity with Jimmy. I like it for the wolves although they'll have a bit of the same problem with a lack of spacing with Rubio, Wiggins and Butler. But they'll get some leadership and toughness for their young core and also a hell of a talent.

did he even get picked? It was interesting to see all the picks from the B1G. NU needs to have some kids getting drafted if we are going to be competitive.

Andrew White. He and his Dad were kidding themselves if they thought that he could come back in this draft as a 25 year old and increase his draft stock. You never say never, but it's highly doubtful that he would have been drafted last year either. Oh well, at least he got to play two games in the N.I.T.!

The Bulls did this year what they should have done last year. Bringing in Wade and Rondo was really the worst thing they could have done. They finished just good enough to make the playoffs and not bad enough to get a high pick. In the NBA, you either have to make a legit run for a championship or you have to tank. Until they change the way teams get picks, they will continue to reward tanking teams.

That said, it was time to start from a youthful perspective and hope you land on one game-changing young player to build around again in 2-3 years.

Seems like Boston could've topped that offer for butler if they wanted to, but Chicago needed a reset. They weren't gonna win anything with the team they had which every one knew when they built it last year. I have no idea how you watch the warriors and cavs keep going to the finals and decide starting 3 guys who can't really shoot is the way to go. Dunn was terrible last year but rookie pgs usually are and Lavine is off his rookie contract after this year so he's gonna have to get paid. Plus I'm not a fan of the guy they drafted but at least now they'll suck enough they can start to rebuild with young guys rather than flounder in mediocrity with Jimmy. I like it for the wolves although they'll have a bit of the same problem with a lack of spacing with Rubio, Wiggins and Butler. But they'll get some leadership and toughness for their young core and also a hell of a talent.
Exactly. It's a "might as well" moment for the Bulls. They've been stuck at "pretty good" for too many years. It was time to break the thing down and start over. They didn't have the pieces to go with Butler and weren't going to get them in free agency.

Better to take a shot at having something down the road than to keep on having not enough year after year.

Minnesota looks like a real contender.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT