ADVERTISEMENT

Off Topic again

Kirsten is gone, and I am lost.
Thank you for all prayers. This really hurts.
We’re thinking about you. I’ve never had to deal with the loss of a young close friend or family member so I don’t know what to tell you. Just know that while this is an anonymous message board there are people out there who feel your pain and care about your well being.

It hurts so much.
It will get better. I have lost my parents but it was their time. Still hurt even though you knew it was coming. Eventually you get to where you remember the good times and think less about the loss. You’ll likely go through an anger stage. Don’t let it consume you. Just keep keeping on.

If you have a faith community lean on them. If not, it might be a good idea to seek out a counselor to talk to.

Sorry my man. Losing someone so close in such a sudden manner is really gut wrenching. There's going to be a big hole there for quite a while. We're all here for you as you work through it.

Reactions: rchrisreade
It's going to take some time. Take time to grieve. You need to do that. It's not fun, but it's necessary. Sometimes you just have to put your put your right foot in front of the other. You're going to get through this. We're here if you need us. Just sent a few prayers up for you.

Last edited:
Go to get Some therapy. It helped me after my father died. She just listened to me talk and you need to talk. Get all of it out of you. That and my relationship with God pulled me out of a very dark place.

I have 3 kids and a wife so depression wasn’t acceptable but I was humbled by how powerful loss is

People sometime take this board to task for off topic threads… I think it’s the strength of the board. Gives us a chance to communally experience life together .
Blessings, friend…. I believe in a God who can deliver us from pain of the world…. Blessings and comfort…

Psalm 63

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

2 To see thy power and thy glory, so as I have seen thee in the sanctuary.

3 Because thy lovingkindness is better than life, my lips shall praise thee.

4 Thus will I bless thee while I live: I will lift up my hands in thy name.

5 My soul shall be satisfied as with marrow and fatness; and my mouth shall praise thee with joyful lips:

6 When I remember thee upon my bed, and meditate on thee in the night watches.

7 Because thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of thy wings will I rejoice.

8 My soul followeth hard after thee: thy right hand upholdeth me.

9 But those that seek my soul, to destroy it, shall go into the lower parts of the earth.

10 They shall fall by the sword: they shall be a portion for foxes.

11 But the king shall rejoice in God; every one that sweareth by him shall glory: but the mouth of them that speak lies shall be stopped.

My impression of you is someone who cares and helps others in need. Time to collect on that and ask for help, and more importantly accept help when it’s offered. Grieving is a natural process, but is not a solitary one. Reach out to someone, anyone. Do it now.

Reactions: OzzyLvr

You know it’s amazing how quickly and yet how long it takes to heal. I said I had never had to deal with this but in fact 11 years ago today I lost a younger sister in her early 50s to cancer. Totally different circumstances I know. We knew it was coming but still the finality was overwhelming. I thought of her almost daily for probably a year. As time wore on I remember those last awful hours less and the good times more. It just takes time to grieve.

God bless you and keep you.

Last edited:
It's going to take some time. Take time to grieve. You need to do that. It's not fun, but it's necessary. Sometimes you just have to put your put your right foot in front of the other. You're going to get through this. We're here if you need us. Just sent a few prayers up for you.
^^^^^^

Reactions: Spectrumalaska
Just checking in. I was wondering how you are doing.

agreed, Boxes.

hope you're holding up, @Spectrumalaska

it's good to see you posting some humor
Thanks guys.

I am still in completey adrift in emotions.
Things like; I should have known, to anger that I kind of did.

The person I began every morning with and ended every day with is gone. The hundreds of things daily we would share with each other, many silly, I have no one outlet for now.

I am relying on friends for support now. It is rough right now. I am just taking it day by day.

Thank you again for asking, it means more to me than you know.

I miss her so much.

Thanks guys.

The person I began every morning with and ended every day with is gone. The hundreds of things daily we would share with each other, many silly, I have no one outlet for now.

I am relying on friends for support now. It is rough right now. I am just taking it day by day.

I miss her so much.
we're thinking about you, pal.

you mean a lot to us.

Thanks guys.

I miss her so much.
One foot in front of the other. There’s brighter days ahead.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT