ADVERTISEMENT

Not funny.

Oct 6, 2012
We have lots of odd topics. Here is one you never think will happen to you.

My girlfriend seems to have died tonight from opoid intoxication. I found her. Did CPR until EMS arrived.

She had an affinity for that shit, I missed how much.

Kirsten is now gone, and I am bereft.

My girlfriend seems to have died tonight from opoid intoxication. I found her. Did CPR until EMS arrived.

Sorry for your loss. That one hits a little too close to home. That was my sisters name, and she drank herself to death. Condolences.

Last edited:
I'm really sorry to hear that, stay strong.
I highly recommend Suboxone for anyone struggling with opioids. There's still stigma towards it but people can get on it and it doesn't make you high. It prevents you from getting dope sick, which is every addicts greatest fear. It's not a full opioid (single agonist) but is still hard to get off of. The drug blocks the opioid receptors so if they try harder stuff it'll have no effect. After they've transitioned from getting high to using Suboxone for some time they can ween off much easier than with street drugs or true opioids.

Reactions: Laner2
Very sorry to hear that. Please find a good support system as a poster said above, and talk about it as much as possible. Prayers to you and hers during this difficult time.

Truly sorry for your loss.

I am not going to pontificate that I have any answers for you. I effectively write and speak for a profession and yet there are no words or thoughts that can make this any better for you. They say time heals all wounds; it does not. It scabs and scars these wounds. May the healing find you.

That is horrible, very sorry for your loss.

It might not be a bad idea for those who have similar issues, or are around others who have similar issues, to carry Narcan.

So sorry. A friend of mine lost a nephew from an accidental fentanyl OD. It seems his girlfriend unknowingly bought some pot spiked with fentanyl. ☹️. The opioid epidemic is awful. Lots of innocent victims.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2NU67 and Laner2
Sorry to hear. Stay strong! Like others have said a good support group is key (could just be one person you can level with).

Wishing you the best from Husker Nation.

That is horrible, very sorry for your loss.

It might not be a bad idea for those who have similar issues, or are around others who have similar issues, to carry Narcan.
This. Available without a prescription on Amazon. Sold at major retail pharmacies like WalMart, Target, CVS, Walgreens etc.

Reactions: Laner2
Dude, I was hoping there was a punchline coming. That’s real life coming at you too fast. Sorry for your loss. Hang in there.

I obviously don't know you as a person, but I do hope you're able to hang in there and not slip into old ways.
I hope you have a support system of friends, family, whatever/whoever it may be when you need it.
The pain, anger must be overwhelming.
I know these words mean little, but know that people here are praying for and keeping you in their hearts and thoughts. If you need anything reach out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT