ADVERTISEMENT

O LINE

Eh. Id rather have him short yardage than EJ. Only because we have him for that and he's a big body that does well at it 🤷🏻‍♂️
Dowdell is not a short yardage/power back. Which with his size is disappointing. Would rather have Ervin for that.

Agreed EJ just looks different. I said that last year. His vision and burst are the best and he gets extra yards more often. His running style reminds me a little of Phillips but without the top-end speed and size. We still get the most complete back from Johnson.
lost me at Phillips

EJ is definitely a better back in traffic. RJ has better speed if he catches a ball in the flat. Different skill sets IMO. Glad we have them both but would like to see more of EJ.
I think everyone agrees that EJ deserves to start after his second half performance 8 carries for 50 yards.

Has anyone heard how our young lineman are doing? Have coaches mentioned anyone standing out? Looking for big things from Brix and Taumua!

Also wondering how Sophomore Jacob Hood is progressing too.
I imagine Brix, Pyle, Taumau, Gottula, Sledge and Magic from So. Dakota are the future.

The problem is now that we are getting into the more difficult part of the schedule, barring injury, we may not have much chance for these young ones to see the field.

Do I think we "may" have better than Lutovsky right now? Yes, I bet we do cause that's a horse we ought not to tie ourselves to. He looks like an almost serviceable backup to somebody, but he's the obvious weak link in an average OL.

Reactions: IowaHuskr
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT