ADVERTISEMENT

NW vs Purdue

I don’t know what last year has to do with this years team.

But no, edey does not go over the back all the time. He does sometimes, but when he’s straight up and reaches over, that’s not over the back. I’m perfectly fine calling every foul a foul. Edey would be unstoppable. Every arm bar, pushing him off the block, and cylinder foul would make him impossible to guard.

Not sure what’s wrong with my response though. Did you watch the game last night? Or just look at the box score? By low contact, I meant jump shots where contact is not there.
Contact is contact. Period.

Edy would foul out of every game by the 10 minute mark and if they called 3 seconds, my god, Purdue would lead the nations in turnovers. If, they called everything, which is what you just agreed you wanted.

Edy would foul out of every game by the 10 minute mark and if they called 3 seconds, my god, Purdue would lead the nations in turnovers. If, they called everything, which is what you just agreed you wanted.
I noticed that as well. Dude would camp out in the lane

• Love
Reactions: BTF69

You can watch this breakdown to see discussion on his twitter page.

Edey rarely commits 3 seconds. Learn how it’s called in the college level.

I actually used to officiate college BB, so....
And Ant used to play it. Goes through 3 seconds and this game for fouls. Edey does a great job of consistently keeping 1 foot out of the lane so when he picks up the other, or starting his move right away so it once again resets. If you watch closely, he gets out way more than it seems.

And Ant used to play it. Goes through 3 seconds and this game for fouls. Edey does a great job of consistently keeping 1 foot out of the lane so when he picks up the other, or starting his move right away so it once again resets. If you watch closely, he gets out way more than it seems.
Ant! Yeah...I know who he is...I know him really well :)

He does a good job breaking things down.
You could call it that.

Anyway...you don't want the game officiated correctly, which you admitted in your first post.

You want the game officiated in a beneficial way, which all fans do for their team, but own it, why lie about it?

You could call it that.

Anyway...you don't want the game officiated correctly, which you admitted in your first post.

You want the game officiated in a beneficial way, which all fans do for their team, but own it, why lie about it?
Nope. I wouldn’t mind seeing it officiated correctly. It would favor Edey as he would be unguardable. Name a player that can guard him without pushing on him or holding him. I’ll wait. See the above breakdown for details.

I’d love to see you point out multiple of these missed 3 seconds though. When he picks up his single foot in the lane, it resets. When he starts his move towards the basket, it resets.

Nope. I wouldn’t mind seeing it officiated correctly. It would favor Edey as he would be unguardable. Name a player that can guard him without pushing on him or holding him. I’ll wait. See the above breakdown for details.
How could he post up? He couldn't. 3 seconds.

No need to wait, I just told you.

• Haha
Reactions: cruelhalo
I expect Purdue to get into the second weekend. This is a much different team than last year. Guard led, which I love. Helps to have one of the best PG’s in the country and more athleticism. Something severely lacking last year. Freshman wall hurt Purdue a lot last season.

Are you implying it’s called different outside the big ten?
#3, Braden Smith for Purdue the short, little point guard is terrible. I think he dribbles into traps by the opponents "Bigs" too often. He commits too many dumb turnovers. I would hate to play with him. I bet Purdue doesn't go far this year, again. They go into bad shooting slumps in games where they can't get a bucket. Wife is a Boiler and truly hope for her they do better, but I don't think they will. (I am saving this and posting it in a month after Purdue's season comes to end).

#3, Braden Smith for Purdue the short, little point guard is terrible. I think he dribbles into traps by the opponents "Bigs" too often. He commits too many dumb turnovers. I would hate to play with him. I bet Purdue doesn't go far this year, again. They go into bad shooting slumps in games where they can't get a bucket. Wife is a Boiler and truly hope for her they do better, but I don't think they will. (I am saving this and posting it in a month after Purdue's season comes to end).
Braden averages 12.1 points, 7.5 assist, 5.4 rebounds and 1.5 steals to 2.6 turnovers on 42% 3 and 48% free throw.

There aren’t many, if any PG’s with a better average across the board.

Beyond him, boilers have lance this year. I agree, if all of Purdue’s 40%+ three point shooters (5 of them not counting TKR) and Lance (36%) struggle to shoot in the same game, they could be vulnerable. Purdue has beaten multiple top teams and their two losses are on the road to teams that couldn’t miss. If that’s the strategy to beat Purdue, shoot 60%+, they will be fine.

Braden averages 12.1 points, 7.5 assist, 5.4 rebounds and 1.5 steals to 2.6 turnovers on 42% 3 and 48% free throw.

There aren’t many, if any PG’s with a better average across the board.

Beyond him, boilers have lance this year. I agree, if all of Purdue’s 40%+ three point shooters (5 of them not counting TKR) and Lance (36%) struggle to shoot in the same game, they could be vulnerable. Purdue has beaten multiple top teams and their two losses are on the road to teams that couldn’t miss. If that’s the strategy to beat Purdue, shoot 60%+, they will be fine.
I love stats. I often use stats myself to prove a point. I am sure your stats on Smith are accurate, but I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on how good of a player Smith is. I think he must save those 2.6 turnovers that he averages for crucial moments in games.

I love stats. I often use stats myself to prove a point. I am sure your stats on Smith are accurate, but I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on how good of a player Smith is. I think he must save those 2.6 turnovers that he averages for crucial moments in games.
He sometimes has a crucial turnover late. What PG doesn’t? It’s not an every game occurrence though. There aren’t 10 better PG’s and he’s only a sophomore. Wait until Purdue increases the tempo next year and he’s surrounded by more athleticism. He’s going to shine.

He sometimes has a crucial turnover late. What PG doesn’t? It’s not an every game occurrence though. There aren’t 10 better PG’s and he’s only a sophomore. Wait until Purdue increases the tempo next year and he’s surrounded by more athleticism. He’s going to shine.
Hope you are right. My wife loves her Boilers. Smith shooting free throws under 50% for a guard is not good.

I’d love to see you point out multiple of these missed 3 seconds though. When he picks up his single foot in the lane, it resets. When he starts his move towards the basket, it resets.

zach-edey-vs-rienk-mast-2023-24-purdue-at-nebraska-mbb-usatsi_22258440.jpg

Haha I meant FG. My bad
My wife watched the Purdue @ Wisconsin game as she was flying through the skies on an Alaska Airlines flight to see her mom back in NC. I only watched the last 5 minutes of the game. I see where Smith had 19 points. Now for the bad news, he had 5 turnovers. I think the play with about 28-29 seconds remaining in the game illustrates why I think he could cause the Boilers to lose a game in the tournament. With head down and having no idea where he was, he dribbled into a trap once he crossed midcourt line. The taller Badger players surrounded him, stole the ball which led to a dunk by Hepburn. Following that play Smith clearly travelled when again he got caught in trap in the corner on receiving the inbound pass. How do three officials miss a clear violation? I also think Purdue guard, Loyer's foot touched the line when throwing in another inbound pass a few seconds later in the game. Good win for the Boilers. Bad game for the officials in the closing moments.

My wife watched the Purdue @ Wisconsin game as she was flying through the skies on an Alaska Airlines flight to see her mom back in NC. I only watched the last 5 minutes of the game. I see where Smith had 19 points. Now for the bad news, he had 5 turnovers. I think the play with about 28-29 seconds remaining in the game illustrates why I think he could cause the Boilers to lose a game in the tournament. With head down and having no idea where he was, he dribbled into a trap once he crossed midcourt line. The taller Badger players surrounded him, stole the ball which led to a dunk by Hepburn. Following that play Smith clearly travelled when again he got caught in trap in the corner on receiving the inbound pass. How do three officials miss a clear violation? I also think Purdue guard, Loyer's foot touched the line when throwing in another inbound pass a few seconds later in the game. Good win for the Boilers. Bad game for the officials in the closing moments.
Flying Alaskan Airlines.. she’s brave

He shouldn’t have turned around. Should have thrown it to edey for 2 on the first one. Idk why he didn’t. He’s normally better than this late.

He travelled because of the contact in the corner. It wasn’t a ton and was a weak foul, but the travel was due to contact. Tough call for whoever it goes against. Lance or Gillis has to get open.

Loyer didn’t touch the line. There was an angle that showed red. Close though.

Smith has had 5 turnovers twice this year. Not common. This Purdue team has the pieces to go all the way. Lance makes them way more athletic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wasker77
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT