ADVERTISEMENT

NU vs. Indiana & Ohio State baseball pod

Solo HR for IU. Shoutout gone but just one more out for the W.

Winner!

Already a very successful weekend, but a win tomorrow would make it a real curb-stomping.

Hroch threw a gem! He gave up 3 hits and a walk, and had 10 Ks over nine innings! Gotta love a complete game when playing four games over three days.

Last edited:
Nebraska's Magic Number to clinch conference title over:
  • Michigan (2) Any combination of Nebraska wins and Michigan losses will do it. A single victory by Nebraska next weekend would do it if it doesn't happen tomorrow.
  • Maryland (1) Maryland has four games left, one versus Michigan and three versus Indiana.
  • Indiana (1) Indiana has five games left, two versus Ohio State and three versus Maryland.

Nebraska's Magic Number to clinch conference title over:
  • Michigan (2) Any combination of Nebraska wins and Michigan losses will do it. A single victory by Nebraska next weekend would do it if it doesn't happen tomorrow.
  • Maryland (1) Maryland has four games left, one versus Michigan and three versus Indiana.
  • Indiana (1) Indiana has five games left, two versus Ohio State and three versus Maryland.
I think we stuck a fork Indiana after tonight, the question is can they win the Maryland series?

We can take care of our own business at home against Meechigan next weekend..

Yeah like I said, perhaps there was a pod somewhere along the way in which the schedule was blatantly stacked in Nebraska’s favor, but I don’t remember anything as effed up as this.
At Rutgers a couple weekends ago, it went like this...

Friday: Indiana vs. Rutgers
Saturday: Indiana vs. Rutgers (this one went extra innings)
Saturday: Indiana vs. Nebraska
Sunday: Indiana vs. Nebraska
Sunday: Nebraska vs. Rutgers
Monday: Nebraska vs. Rutgers

So theoretically, we had the advantage against Indiana both times (especially on Saturday after the earlier game went extra innings). But both coaches may have deviated from their normal rotation. Sucked it ended up being largely moot with rain relays breaking up great starts by a couple of our pitchers that weekend.

Reactions: 9and4
At Rutgers a couple weekends ago, it went like this...

Friday: Indiana vs. Rutgers
Saturday: Indiana vs. Rutgers (this one went extra innings)
Saturday: Indiana vs. Nebraska
Sunday: Indiana vs. Nebraska
Sunday: Nebraska vs. Rutgers
Monday: Nebraska vs. Rutgers

So theoretically, we had the advantage against Indiana both times (especially on Saturday after the earlier game went extra innings). But both coaches may have deviated from their normal rotation. Sucked it ended up being largely moot with rain relays breaking up great starts by a couple of our pitchers that weekend.
Yeah I remembered that Indiana was the team that finished up early in that pod, so its games were clustered pretty tightly that weekend. But Nebraska still played two games on Sunday and then played its last game on Monday morning. NU's games certainly weren't 24 hours apart.

I think the second part of Sherman's comments are definitely accurate.

But at this point, they've already secured a #2 seed.
The B1G champ shouldn’t have to be in the #1 seed in the tournament bracket...

Especially if we win out that would be 11 in a row..

Damn it would have been a fun time in Omaha this coming week...Thanks a lot Warren and your far left thinking.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
this is the may 18 version but the idea that nebraska is locked into fayetteville no matter what would be a load of poo if it holds true. By this reasoning they should flip where Michigan and nebraska are projected

this is the may 18 version but the idea that nebraska is locked into fayetteville no matter what would be a load of poo if it holds true. By this reasoning they should flip where Michigan and nebraska are projected

Agree with you. IF season standing would end today, no way we should be in Fayetteville and Michigan in South bend

Excellent start, Huskers. Glad they're not blaring the NU fight song over the PA system - seemed to backfire for the Buckeyes yesterday on what's supposed to be a neutral field.

Excellent start, Huskers. Glad they're not blaring the NU fight song over the PA system - seemed to backfire for the Buckeyes yesterday on what's supposed to be a neutral field.
Neutral but someone's the home team. I did hear it once

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT