ADVERTISEMENT

Nouili concussed?

I asked him, but he couldn't remember.

See Ya Reaction GIF by Travis

I played soccer in h.s. and we were in the playoffs and our goalie got ran into a player and hit his head on the ground around the beginning of the second half. He said he was fine so we kept playing. He ended up playing the best game he'd ever played and we won by one. After the game we realized he was still concussed. His eyes were glossed over and he kept asking about the game and when we were going to start playing.

I know it's not funny but literally watched my teammate lineman try to figure which huddle to go to. We had to pull him to ours for 2 series before someone thought this isn't right. Long time ago. Was pretty funny then.

I played soccer in h.s. and we were in the playoffs and our goalie got ran into a player and hit his head on the ground around the beginning of the second half. He said he was fine so we kept playing. He ended up playing the best game he'd ever played and we won by one. After the game we realized he was still concussed. His eyes were glossed over and he kept asking about the game and when we were going to start playing.
My younger brother whacked his helmet on a long jump runway going out of bounds on a tackle. We had a debate in the huddle and ended up sending him out for a couple of plays.

Right now the rule of thumb has been if an athlete has three concussions they are done with contact sports. They are discussing, based on recent research, upping that to five concussions. I will never allow a player on my soccer roster who has had three concussions. Just not worth it.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Right now the rule of thumb has been if an athlete has three concussions they are done with contact sports. They are discussing, based on recent research, upping that to five concussions. I will never allow a player on my soccer roster who has had three concussions. Just not worth it.
It’s Soccer. No worries on that happening

Meh. Some of it is the severity of the concussion too. A guy who gets his bell rung a couple of times with zero lingering symptoms probably isn’t that high of a risk. It’s been a LONG time since I coached any soccer but the last I knew they were really discouraging kids from heading balls due to the long term damage repeated blows could cause. I had read one time that soccer players were at just as must risk as football players for concussions.

That’s not exactly what Sean said. He said Nouili might have a concussion. He didn’t know 100% or not, but was guessing on it because he was wearing a green jersey.
Why guess that then? It’s just toxic energy if only evidence you have is the Jersey color. Maybe, just maybe, the staff has wanted to keep him out of contact cause they want to preserve him and they already know he’s starting. that could be the case too.

Maybe Sean knows more of the story. I don’t know. But if green jersey is all he had to go on, find it weak to bring it in to the world unless it’s been confirmed

Meh. Some of it is the severity of the concussion too. A guy who gets his bell rung a couple of times with zero lingering symptoms probably isn’t that high of a risk. It’s been a LONG time since I coached any soccer but the last I knew they were really discouraging kids from heading balls due to the long term damage repeated blows could cause. I had read one time that soccer players were at just as must risk as football players for concussions.
In the league I coach in players are only allowed to head balls U14 and up. And any coach worth his or her salt coaches kids how to do it safely.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Why guess that then? It’s just toxic energy if only evidence you have is the Jersey color. Maybe, just maybe, the staff has wanted to keep him out of contact cause they want to preserve him and they already know he’s starting. that could be the case too.

Maybe Sean knows more of the story. I don’t know. But if green jersey is all he had to go on, find it weak to bring it in to the world unless it’s been confirmed
Sean better know more because that is some speculating BS if he’s wrong.

Sean better know more because that is some speculating BS if he’s wrong.
On the podcast Sean corrected Sip (which he often has to do because Sip is terrible) on the possible injury. Sip made it sounds like a more serious injury. Sean said that the green jersey is different than the yellow jersey for injury status. And that green is usually a concussion.

Reactions: drubendall
Use your hands. Problem solved.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT