ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody is going to care about Colorado when we are in the Big Ten Championship

Well, he’s gonna catch a lot if flack on here for saying that.

But if the available options are doubling down on yourself and making grandiose prognostications or doubting yourself and going into a shell, secretly hoping you can make a bowl because you’ve lost all faith, I’d much rather he do the former.

Of course we have no idea how the season will turn out. But perhaps this loss will be a catalyst for better play when the games count for the Division and the League.

Look at it this way, if the players at cu would have played last season like they did the second half Saturday, they probably would have had a winning record. That kind of second half would have beaten more than a few B1G teams, not only Nebraska.

Reactions: WHCSC
If you're going to run your mouth, which social media is the same thing, then you better back it up. Just put a bigger bullseye on.

Reactions: Huskred01
I like confidence, now Barry and his mates will have to back it up.
I liked it better when you can actually out man your opponent first, then talk smack. Talking smack first and then having a weaker opponent kick your ass should be humiliating. Then you have to question the intellect of a blathering idiot who does not know the difference...

Should he shut down their twitters?
He should teach them that real men speak through actions. If they can’t do that, he will play players who can. Sitting on the bench a bit would quiet his ass. Of course, Scott is playing Mo Washington, so what can he really say...

Reactions: MitchLL
It's year 2. Give him a year or 2 and then get back with us.
Of course. Frost just finished Game 2 in Year 2 of pretty much a complete rebuild. Huge roster change, with a dependence on three underclassmen in Mo, AM and WanRob for offensive production. I count 14 players with less than 2 full years of experience in the program on the 2-deep. Frost gets no excuses for Saturday's loss from me. It was a winnable game, but things got tight and he couldn't craft a solution.
Before the 0-12 season, UCF was a combined 30-9 in the three seasons prior. UCF was a program that had winning expectations before Frost got there and he rather easily recruited players that could operate a wide open attack and win. But there were players from a 12-1 team on the roster when Frost got to Orlando.

Reactions: cecilB
People can moan and groan that he said this, but it can’t be undone.

Time to see if this game lit a fire or not... calling him a blathering idiot might be a bit overboard. I remember when I was 21 years old and made some bold statements that didn’t pan out... I believed in them at the time however. Good to see that he still believes in the team’s ability to get it done.

If he didn’t believe, things would be a whole lot worse.

Let me get this straight, Mo should ride the pine for predicting that NU is going to the championship?
It’s all in the way you say things. He could’ve said this loss is disappointing, but our goal is still a B1G championship, that comes across as having high expectations, but discipline. Stating that you are going to be in the championship after showing your ass in the last two games, and quite frankly a large part of last year, it’s just flat out stupid.

I was responding to somebody who asked how you get him to control his mouth? Set a standard that you focus on one game at a time and that when you speak, you speak for the team. No one person is bigger than the team. If you step out of line, there will be consequences.

the senior captains are going to be critical to stabilize things ... they need to mentor the younger, less mature players and stress the importance of quiet confidence and to do their talking on the field so there aren't more of these unfortunate media comments

Of course we have no idea how the season will turn out. But perhaps this loss will be a catalyst for better play when the games count for the Division and the League.
Yes.

Northwestern last year lost to Duke and Akron in the non-conference schedule. Sucked it up and went 6-0 against the West. That's all it takes. Not easy for this Nebraska club, but we saw how much better they got from week to week last year after the Purdue game, and this year we have 10 more Saturdays to do that.

Beat the Huskies!

But if the available options are doubling down on yourself and making grandiose prognostications or doubting yourself and going into a shell, secretly hoping you can make a bowl because you’ve lost all faith, I’d much rather he do the former.
Yes, but those aren't the only available options.

Reactions: timinatoria
This is exactly what I’m talking about when I said Frost needs to keep these guys’ mouths shut!

What in the hell is Frost doing??

Tweets like this make me think that we won’t even make a bowl. Smh
I think he wants them to have confidence. Just looks bad when there is nothing to back it up.

I'm amazed at how much whine this generates when folks on here for the Riley years were literally begging for just a little swagger and fire even if we were going to go down losing. It would at least show they care...or so it went.

Well now they show they care and it's not good enough.

I think the trash talking applies fairly evenly across the internet. These guys put their results on tv for people to judge and most everyone on here is a nobody with no results shown for anyone to judge our prognostications. I say live and let live

We used to laugh our asses off in the 90s when someone from Iowa State or KState would make these type of predictions.

I get it - he’s our guy so we stand behind him.

It is interesting psychology. The positive comments about having faith in your teamamates, being motivated etc etc should apply across the board regardless of who they came from. For instance if Iowa was in our situation and one of their players had the exact same quote would our reaction be the same?

We supported TO back in the day for his LP decision when we would have crucified a rival coach in the same circumstance.

Human nature .... it’s weird

Last edited:

That’s definitely still possible. Other teams in the BIG 10 are struggling this year too. honestly, I still think we go 8-4 to 9-3...but I don’t see us winning the West. Scott Frost definitely has several offensive weapons this year and we could definitely get things rolling. But Frost has got to get the ball to Maurice Washington, Wan’Dale Robinson and JD Spielman as much as possible. And right now, I’m loving what I’m seeing from our defense so far. They shut down Colorado’s explosive offense for over 3 and a half quarters this past game. Had our offense got its rhythm going at all after half time (and I don’t mean the final few minutes of the game, I mean the way our offense played like it did in the first half)...Huskers would have blown Colorado out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bugeater and WHCSC
I would be more worried if he didn't think we would be there. It might just be time to stop talking though.

I would be more worried if he didn't think we would be there. It might just be time to stop talking though.

Nothing wrong with keeping our goals, that’s for sure. But we know who Mo Barry is. This is what he does and usually backs it up. Huskers could still get to the BIG 10 champ game...but we need to fix a few things first. GBR

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT