ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody is going to care about Colorado when we are in the Big Ten Championship

That’s definitely still possible. Other teams in the BIG 10 are struggling this year too. honestly, I still think we go 8-4 to 9-3...but I don’t see us winning the West. Scott Frost definitely has several offensive weapons this year and we could definitely get things rolling. But Frost has got to get the ball to Maurice Washington, Wan’Dale Robinson and JD Spielman as much as possible. And right now, I’m loving what I’m seeing from our defense so far. They shut down Colorado’s explosive offense for over 3 and a half quarters this past game. Had our offense got its rhythm going at all after half time (and I don’t mean the final few minutes of the game, I mean the way our offense played like it did in the first half)...Huskers would have blown Colorado out.

Getting the ball to Washington, Robinson, Spielman etc is the QBs job. He isn't able to.

Sorry guys who do not like this. Barry is doing what a captain needs to do. Lead and instill confidence. If he makes it appear he believes that is a step in the right direction. If he lays down and accepts so will the whole team! Is there a happy medium? Not sure there is for a captain and a leader of the squad!

Getting the ball to Washington, Robinson, Spielman etc is the QBs job. He isn't able to.

Agreed but I’m talking about game planning around those guys. When you have 3 elite players like Maurice Washington, JD and Wan’dale Robinson...you game plan your whole offense around those guys. Kind of like Purdue game plans around R Moore.

Yes, but those aren't the only available options.
You’re right, but it’s not clear to me what the alternatives are in this situation either. I know a lot of folks want a team that doesn’t talk, or only does their talking after the fact. But that’s not Scott’s mentality and the players have been nothing if not a reflection of him.

Maybe Scott learns from the fact that his rather grandiose claims for this team from last season are now engendering some ill will toward him and the team based on their performance so far this year. I am skeptical, but it’s possible.

Or, as I hope to be the case, maybe he is not full of bluster and can actually get these guys in a position to win this division. I think that is possible, but not probable at this point.

In any case, I’m encouraged that Mo thinks they still can. I don’t think he is the only one saying that behind closed doors.

A performance like this against NW, UW or Iowa is a guaranteed loss. Those teams don't fail to capitalize on gifts.

Add a loss to OSU. No 4 loss team is going to the CCG.

Reactions: Huskred01
I won't care a lot about colorado if we are in the big 10 championship. unless that one defeat keeps us from playing bama or clemson in the NC game...then I have to kinda care..
hey kool aid!

Well, he’s gonna catch a lot if flack on here for saying that.

But if the available options are doubling down on yourself and making grandiose prognostications or doubting yourself and going into a shell, secretly hoping you can make a bowl because you’ve lost all faith, I’d much rather he do the former.
fake it till you make it

A lot can be said for the context in which this was said, and who it was said to. I like the fact that he still seems to be working. And I also don’t think it’s a big deal

There are numerous pathetic posts in this thread. It is obvious that many of you don't know jack @#$% about leadership. Most of you like to live in self pitty and need to twist things into a negative to be happy. It brings many of you self pleasure.

If he stood up there and cried like a baby you would be bitching about it that too.

In fact, I bet many of you bitch just to bitch.

I love the confidence too but sometimes you take your confidence and keep it to the team. You dont blast it on social media.
It’s already been established he didn’t blast it. Parker Gabriel did. And I’m guessing he didn’t go to Parker and tell him this... Parker probably asked a question which lead to this response.

He's also on record as having said that at halftime he thought the CO game was going to be a blowout.

There's a fine line between confidence and stupidity. Mo crossed that line. Why don't you worry about Northern Illinois, you know the team that whipped you last time we played them? Frost Husker teams talk more than any Husker team I've followed in my lifetime.

There's a fine line between confidence and stupidity. Mo crossed that line. Why don't you worry about Northern Illinois, you know the team that whipped you last time we played them? Frost Husker teams talk more than any Husker team I've followed in my lifetime.
Agree

BS. Should he be up there saying they suck. They will lose a bunch of games. They have no shot at Indy.

My god some of you are even dumber than could have ever been expected.

47361982-05028300-d6dc-11e8-8b37-b4321bed083c.jpg

folks lived thru that corey mckuan.....barry is allowed a few mulligans
although I don't under stand one thing...colorado had like 4th and a yard..
late in the game...berry and another linebacker were 10ft behind the d-line.
you knew a run up the gut was coming...but for some reason neither linebacker came up to the line to plug a hole???? not sure why they didn't even try.

Reactions: ZJSARENOTFREE
folks lived thru that corey mckuan.....barry is allowed a few mulligans
although I don't under stand one thing...colorado had like 4th and a yard..
late in the game...berry and another linebacker were 10ft behind the d-line.
you knew a run up the gut was coming...but for some reason neither linebacker came up to the line to plug a hole???? not sure why they didn't even try.
Wasn't it Andre Jones who guaranteed we'd beat USC and restore the order and how he turned down Pete Carroll and SC for Bill Callahan

Reactions: vs540husker
Wasn't it Andre Jones who guaranteed we'd beat USC and restore the order and how he turned down Pete Carroll and SC for Bill Callahan
Hopefully this Colorado game isn’t our 2007 USC game where the staff put all of their eggs in the USC game and the season completely imploded after that.

maybe, Im not sure, can't remember...I remember cory and brodrick thomas were pretty vocal.

I will say that the guys talking are Riley guys who have had horrible careers...I imagine there is a lot of pain and futility not having a single successful season and these guys are trying to manifest it with fake confidence. Mo Barry has never been a winner at NU and I wish him the best in that endeavor. It seems Adrian and Cam are quite a bit more measured in their interviews.

Reactions: Husker Sledge
This I gotta see. It looks like an 8 win team considering the schedule. Lots of weak teams and the only good teams from the conference played are at home. An optimist would say "we will win those 3 and win the division". A realist would say... "good. if we can manage to get through the majority of the conference schedule which is awful then we have a shot at wining 1-2 of the true games on our schedule in conference." Next year maybe. This year with the mental and physical collapse I can not see it. If CU pushed NU to the point that they mentally gave up and looked defeated then what the heck will OSU, Iowa and Penn State do to them. Until Frost shows he can win at the P5 level consistently it is going to be hard to will these kids to fight through adversity. Its a lack of discipline, conviction and heart from the head coach ( just see allowing a kid who is under serious investigation to play) that will ultimately allow what we did to you this weekend and what happened to you repeatedly last year to keep happening. Flash doesn't work. Character and conviction do. I so far do not see that from Frost as he tries to make the leap from beating up on a crappy conference in a lesser division to big boy football. He on paper has what it takes but he still has a lot of growing up to do. Osborne never loses that game Saturday and it isn't likely close after going up 17-0.

I will say that the guys talking are Riley guys who have had horrible careers...I imagine there is a lot of pain and futility not having a single successful season and these guys are trying to manifest it with fake confidence. Mo Barry has never been a winner at NU and I wish him the best in that endeavor. It seems Adrian and Cam are quite a bit more measured in their interviews.

Well, if we are being honest, neither Adrian or Cam have been winners at this point in their NU careers. It’s really great if you are measured in front of the media, but I recall a few players in the past that people said the same thing about. A recent one that comes to mind is Tanner Lee. Being a good interview doesn’t guarantee success, I would rather that Adrian show it on the field. So far this year, other than the first half last week, he has been subpar for 6 of the 8 quarters we have played.

Reactions: Winston Smith 84
There are numerous pathetic posts in this thread. It is obvious that many of you don't know jack @#$% about leadership. Most of you like to live in self pitty and need to twist things into a negative to be happy. It brings many of you self pleasure.

If he stood up there and cried like a baby you would be bitching about it that too.

In fact, I bet many of you bitch just to bitch.
The board is unreadable with all the whining and crying from grown men lmao.

It’s only year 2 for this staff, don’t be weak minded.

Were we “weak minded” when we decided to hire this staff? b/c that decision was based on less than 2 years of head coaching as well

OK so as a few have pointed out, it wasn't a tweeter, it was a quote. Same question though. How can HCSF keep players from talking on whatever platform?
Yeah, I don’t want them being confident!

Were we “weak minded” when we decided to hire this staff? b/c that decision was based on less than 2 years of head coaching as well
That’s all it’s based on? Just his 2 years at UCF? Not his entire coaching career. He should have been hired before Riley but Eichorst was a moron.

That’s all it’s based on? Just his 2 years at UCF? Not his entire coaching career. He should have been hired before Riley but Eichorst was a moron.

he was an offensive coordinator for 3 years with an offensive coordinator head coach - similar in some ways to what Walters is for us and then 2 years head coach at UCF.

coaching at the power 5 level is a big step up and we will have to wait and see how things play out

his record as a head coach thus far is:

6-7*
13-0
4-8*

* program turnover

there is not enough data to say he won't have success here at Nebraska, likewise there isn't enough data to declare he will lead a program revival either

based on even the most meager of expectations at the time of the hire the staff has underachieved to date - this doesn't mean that will continue into the future - but I think getting things to an Iowa level would be a worthy goal before setting our sites any higher

the over/under for wins for this team in year one was 6.5 and is 8.5 this year I believe.

For those pointing to year 3 -- the schedule gets a lot tougher.

a coaches win/loss record is the ultimate guide to their coaching ability.
I get we are in a rebuild - just like UCF was

This staff should get as much credit for the losses here as they were given for the wins at UCF.

he was an offensive coordinator for 3 years with an offensive coordinator head coach - similar in some ways to what Walters is for us and then 2 years head coach at UCF.

coaching at the power 5 level is a big step up and we will have to wait and see how things play out

his record as a head coach thus far is:

6-7*
13-0
4-8*

* program turnover

there is not enough data to say he won't have success here at Nebraska, likewise there isn't enough data to declare he will lead a program revival either

based on even the most meager of expectations at the time of the hire the staff has underachieved to date - this doesn't mean that will continue into the future - but I think getting things to an Iowa level would be a worthy goal before setting our sites any higher

the over/under for wins for this team in year one was 6.5 and is 8.5 this year I believe.

For those pointing to year 3 -- the schedule gets a lot tougher.

a coaches win/loss record is the ultimate guide to their coaching ability.
I get we are in a rebuild - just like UCF was

This staff should get as much credit for the losses here as they were given for the wins at UCF.
I’m going to be patient and see how things are in year 5. That’s is if he hasn’t been run out of town by the “experts” by then.

Reactions: WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT