ADVERTISEMENT

No right turns on red

I suppose this means I can’t take a left on red when both streets are one way either.😖
I never knew this was legal to take a left on a red light onto a one-way street, but in the town I live in it is pretty common. Our main street is a two-way street running North and South. The two streets that parallel it are one-way streets. The locals turn left all the time on a red light.

I never knew this was legal to take a left on a red light onto a one-way street, but in the town I live in it is pretty common. Our main street is a two-way street running North and South. The two streets that parallel it are one-way streets. The locals turn left all the time on a red light.
That was a question on my drivers license test. It is perfectly legal for two one way roads

Reactions: V-Doub and Wasker77
Roundabouts suck, IMHO, and use up way to much space for the benefit. Only thing worse is this diverging diamond intersection they are putting in at 192nd and Dodge where you cross over into the left lane through the intersection and then back over to the right lane. I have yet to see where that saves anyone any time. In about ten years they will be tearing those back out, going "yeah, worked great in all of our simulations, but didn't work out so well in real life". At least that's my opinion having driven through those in Springfield, MO many times.

Yes. In Nebraska anyway, unless marked otherwise, right (and left onto 1 way streets) turns on red are legal
I thought that this entire story came up after some drivers were confused about what to do with the left turn arrow at intersections. Some people apparently thought that the red arrow meant that they could make a left turn and they are causing traffic accidents at intersections.

I thought that this entire story came up after some drivers were confused about what to do with the left turn arrow at intersections. Some people apparently thought that the red arrow meant that they could make a left turn and they are causing traffic accidents at intersections.
Ooo ouch

All this talk about intersections.... can we focus on the real problem in Nebraska? The M------F------ left lane drivers! I'm not in favor of police brutality but a few good pistol whippings would go a long way on this topic.
Cruising in the passing lane causes major road rage. Should be at least a careless driving ticket

Roundabouts suck, IMHO, and use up way to much space for the benefit. Only thing worse is this diverging diamond intersection they are putting in at 192nd and Dodge where you cross over into the left lane through the intersection and then back over to the right lane. I have yet to see where that saves anyone any time. In about ten years they will be tearing those back out, going "yeah, worked great in all of our simulations, but didn't work out so well in real life". At least that's my opinion having driven through those in Springfield, MO many times.

The intention of the diverging diamond is to lessen the chances for collision by eliminating cars turning left across opposing traffic. If you notice after you crossover, your left turn onto the on ramp is similar to a right turn, in that you don’t have to turn across opposing traffic.

ddi800.gif

Next you’ll be complaining about R-Cut intersections.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT