ADVERTISEMENT

NFL games

I haven’t watched any of this Sunday night game. Why is it taking so long? They’re still in the third-quarter.?

Derek Carr is the other guy I kind of root for. I think he has played for some insanely bad coaches. It's not all on the QB. The coaching staff and GM have to put them in a position to be successful. I thought Darnold would be better with the Vikings than he's shown in the past but he's exceeding my expectations.
Carr has actually had a few Pro Bowl seasons. I think he's had a few good coaches that he has played for and some bad ones mixed in. And a few seasons playing behind a bad offensive line. I'm happy for Carr and Sam Darnold as well. O'Connell is one of those excellent OCs & play callers who you have to give a head coaching job to in order to bring them to your franchise. And that new Saints OC is running that same system. It seems to work for those mid-tier QBs who have average arm talent or have struggled in other systems.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I like Jamar Chase but not many NFL franchises are going to renegotiate a rookie deal with two years left on it. Chase and that malingering boob Higgins are the biggest reasons for the Bengals being 0-2.

...betting he wants Justin Jefferson money and that, combined with 2 yrs still remaining is a no go. Betting the Bengals would be willing to do something to sweeten the pot, but Chase is most likely wanting a lot more than that. Yesterday didn't help his leverage a bit...total spaz.

Reactions: drubendall
I like Jamar Chase but not many NFL franchises are going to renegotiate a rookie deal with two years left on it. Chase and that malingering boob Higgins are the biggest reasons for the Bengals being 0-2.
Chase is jelly of JJ. He is not JJ. McDuffie pretty much kept him in check the entire game. The longer it went on, the more mentally unstable he became.

I believe the Vikings have found a competent QB for this season, I was thinking it was going to be a real long season when McCarthy was lost to start the season.
The plan was always to play Darnold this season and develop McCaffrey. But, if Darnold did well enough, he had a good chance to keep the job. Now that McCaffrey is hurt, Darnold is not looking over his shoulder. This is his prove it year.

The plan was always to play Darnold this season and develop McCaffrey. But, if Darnold did well enough, he had a good chance to keep the job. Now that McCaffrey is hurt, Darnold is not looking over his shoulder. This is his prove it year.
The problem for the Vikings is that they only signed Darnold to a one year deal. If he continues on this pace he's gonna want PAAAAIDuh.

Reactions: scarletred
..if only somebody knew ahead of time 5'10'' QB's don't work in the NFL!!!!!
they can, but the habit of NFL teams picking QBs based on their team's success and ignoring the scouts, is a bad one. Reich wanted Stroud. The owner wanted Bryce. Young played behind maybe at the time the best O line in college ball surrounded by NFL draft pick weapons. They covered up some of his mental and physical deficiencies.

they can, but the habit of NFL teams picking QBs based on their team's success and ignoring the scouts, is a bad one. Reich wanted Stroud. The owner wanted Bryce. Young played behind maybe at the time the best O line in college ball surrounded by NFL draft pick weapons. They covered up some of his mental and physical deficiencies.

What 5'10" QB has ever had a great career in the league? Flutie? I feel like even he was taller than that...but for arguments sake, name em.

The problem for the Vikings is that they only signed Darnold to a one year deal. If he continues on this pace he's gonna want PAAAAIDuh.
Yeah. Maybe they convince him that he needs to stay put in O’Connell’s offense or risk getting shipped off to his 15 team which will be a shitty one

Yeah. Maybe they convince him that he needs to stay put in O’Connell’s offense or risk getting shipped off to his 15 team which will be a shitty one
You mean like they did Cousins? Cousins got paid but he’s gonna take some lumps for the money. It was probably a smart financial move but career killer.

You mean like they did Cousins? Cousins got paid but he’s gonna take some lumps for the money. It was probably a smart financial move but career killer.
Cousins is an old man with a damaged Achilles tendon. Then they go and draft a guy who could easily be starter and is also pretty old for a rookie coincidentally. Their front office is illogical. They’ve already got concerns about Cousins. It is quite the gift that they gave him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT