ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Cuts

Young people think they are broke because they are used to having expensive phones and huge cellphone bills, mocha frappes, etc. They also think they can wait for 2.5% interest rates to come around. On top of all that they don't want to live in a little 2 bedroom while they build equity.

Illegals might be driving housing shortages in some areas, or even alot of areas, but I know they aren't where I live. Politicians kept interest rates down for way too long and gave people a false sense of normal. Now people refuse to give up that hope, IMO.
Where I live because of the fruit industry there is a large influx of both legal and illegal immigrants. 30% of our population is Hispanic. In the school system they are the majority at 55%. As a result, our rental market has always been high with very low vacancy rates. 1-2 %. This does have a ripple effect on the community. My RN wife up until last spring did the bulk of orientation for new employees at our hospital. Mostly nurses but other medical professionals as well. She will tell you that the hospital misses out on getting many good people because their common complaint is they cannot find good housing in our area. It is too high and just importantly, so little is available.

Reactions: dinglefritz
"If he's a good hitter then why doesn't he hit good..."?

Billy Bean
I'm a Vikings fan and I know Bagent struggled some at times last year but the talent is there. Considering where he came from I think his play last fall was pretty good. I've watched him a little bit this fall and think he's just getting more comfortable. The Bears felt good enough about him to not bring in a veteran free agent as a backup. Hell IMO II think Bagent made Fields expendable so they gave him away. You could pay Bagent a fraction of what Fields was getting and Bagent is a better passer.

This upcoming draft for qb's looks pretty bleak as well. But inevitably teams will reach and take guys way earlier then they should.
Drafting QBs is such a crap shoot. Usually the guys on the best teams get drafted early and in actuality they might not turn out the best. Hell Bo Nix looks like he might be one of the better guys out of this last class and I thought that was an incredible reach.

Pickett did not look good in the Eagles' preseason games. Tanner McKee was better IMHO.
I guess I try to watch the process and take in to account who they're playing with and against. I like Pickett's accuracy and I didn't see McKee play. I thought Pickett looked pretty good when I watched him. You put Pickett in San Francisco and he I think he would be better than Purdy. We'll see. I'm a sucker for QBs who throw pretty balls and hit receivers in stride.🤷‍♀️

Reactions: otismotis08
Quinton Newsome cut by Denver
Phalen Sanford cut by Vegas
Adrian Martinez cut by the Jets
Ben Stille cut by Arizona
Carlos Davis by Cincinnati
Stanley Morgan cut by New Orleans
Nick Gates cut by the Eagles

Last edited:
All cuts have been made, but not all teams have released their list so we could get word on a few more Huskers.

Reminder that teams cut about 37 players today, but in the coming days will sign 16 or 17 players to their practice squad. So some of these guys will catch back onto a roster.

Reactions: dinglefritz
All cuts have been made, but not all teams have released their list so we could get word on a few more Huskers.

Reminder that teams cut about 37 players today, but in the coming days will sign 16 or 17 players to their practice squad. So some of these guys will catch back onto a roster.
I would think Gates and Davis would land somewhere. IF I was Sanford though I would probably be polishing up my resume for the real world.. That training camp money was nice for a summer vacation job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT