ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Free Agency

The clock is running out on this guy. He’s got a few years left as a starting wide receiver. Doesn’t believe the bills will get him to where he wants to go, so time to force the trade to someplace else. Where does he think he’s gonna go?
I predict rams

I predict rams
I was trying to think of an emerging team. But maybe not, because the Rams have a pretty good receiver duo already. Cancer Diggs isnt worth the squeeze IMO. His options are limited and probably don’t line up with his desires. “Hey, I think I’m gonna go be Patrick Mahomes number one.”

The clock is running out on this guy. He’s got a few years left as a starting wide receiver. Doesn’t believe the bills will get him to where he wants to go, so time to force the trade to someplace else. Where does he think he’s gonna go?

His brother, like so many other family members of NFL stars, really needs to stop doing social media...if he really loves him and wants what's best for him, STFU, you're not helping.

I was trying to think of an emerging team. But maybe not, because the Rams have a pretty good receiver duo already. Cancer Diggs isnt worth the squeeze IMO. His options are limited and probably don’t line up with his desires. “Hey, I think I’m gonna go be Patrick Mahomes number one.”
Was the only team I could think of with a top 5 coach and QB with a shot to win the superbowl that a diva like Diggs would think he would need.

Show me a team that "wins free agency" and 2/3 of the time it's a team that follows that up with a losing record that finds itself in "salary cap hell" the following year. Then that's when we see overpaid players cut the following year leaving those "winners" with nothing but dead cap money.

I don't like the Cowboys but remember that they are committed to paying Micah Parsons, Lamb and Prescott. And they really didn't lose any that they cannot replace or is on the downside of their career.

Show me a team that "wins free agency" and 2/3 of the time it's a team that follows that up with a losing record that finds itself in "salary cap hell" the following year. Then that's when we see overpaid players cut the following year leaving those "winners" with nothing but dead cap money.

I don't like the Cowboys but remember that they are committed to paying Micah Parsons, Lamb and Prescott. And they really didn't lose any that they cannot replace or is on the downside of their career.
They’ve painted themselves in a corner with a mediocre QB. It’s kind of like what the Vikings did with Cousins. The Pats have been the only modern team who could get their veteran QB to accept a team friendly contract to hold things together. At some point some of these QBs are going to have to realize that they might have to take less money to win a title.

Reactions: Dean Pope
They’ve painted themselves in a corner with a mediocre QB. It’s kind of like what the Vikings did with Cousins. The Pats have been the only modern team who could get their veteran QB to accept a team friendly contract to hold things together. At some point some of these QBs are going to have to realize that they might have to take less money to win a title.
Yep. And the Falcons are winning free agency by signing that same guy, Kirk Cousins, for $180 million. A 36 year old coming off an achilles injury?

I still think the way to success in the NFL if you do not have a Patrick Mahomes is by getting someone on a rookie deal. Cutting a bunch of good players in order to sign a middle of the pack starting QB is not going to get it done.

The probs with that line of thinking is, that core group, that is going to eat up even more cap space going forward, has won you.... jack shit. So the logic that you give them all raises and hope for a different result is seriously flawed.

Yep. And the Falcons are winning free agency by signing that same guy, Kirk Cousins, for $180 million. A 36 year old coming off an achilles injury?

I still think the way to success in the NFL if you do not have a Patrick Mahomes is by getting someone on a rookie deal. Cutting a bunch of good players in order to sign a middle of the pack starting QB is not going to get it done.
What signing that middling QB does is help you win enough games to still sell tickets. That’s probably the real goal of guys like Jerry and Ziggy.

Reactions: Dean Pope
His brother, like so many other family members of NFL stars, really needs to stop doing social media...if he really loves him and wants what's best for him, STFU, you're not helping.
Ya , because the team that gets the player also gets the family members.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT