ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Free Agency

Ok the giants getting Brian Burns in a trade and only giving up a 2nd and a 5th makes me feel a little better. Going to have a great defensive line at least to try and stop Barkley now.

Reactions: king_kong_
Am I the only one that thinks Barkley is damaged goods?

That franchise is not getting better, they're psychologically fractured

It isn't Madden where they signed a guy who is 99 overall and now their offensive rating is gonna go up. The dude cannot stay healthy, and their team is in total disarray

Am I the only one that thinks Barkley is damaged goods?

That franchise is not getting better, they're psychologically fractured

It isn't Madden where they signed a guy who is 99 overall and now their offensive rating is gonna go up. The dude cannot stay healthy, and their team is in total disarray
I forgot the Eagles signed the horrible Giants OL coach. Not sure why anyone would have wanted him after his coached the worst OL in the league the last few years. So it won't be long before the offensive line sucks there to add to the disarray. Maybe Barkley is damaged goods and the Giants got rid of him at the right time. I just wish he went to a different team.

As long as the Raiders don't sign Fields
In a division with Mahomes and Herbert you’d rather have Minshew than Fields? I’m not a Raiders fan, but I’d at least be interested if they brought in Fields.

In a division with Mahomes and Herbert you’d rather have Minshew than Fields? I’m not a Raiders fan, but I’d at least be interested if they brought in Fields.
if i was a Raiders fan i'd want nothing to do with Fields.

how many QBs ended up being good after looking terrible their first 2 years?

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
if i was a Raiders fan i'd want nothing to do with Fields.

how many QBs ended up being good after looking terrible their first 2 years?
Come on, you're better than that. Fields improved significantly in year 2 and I guarantee multiple teams are after him. All I'm saying is if you're comparing Fields to Minshew, once choice says "we're trying to hit the lottery" and one says, "we're happy with .500 and making tons of money this year."

From ESPN:
"Total QBR adds context behind why every play was or was not successful to measure a quarterback’s efficiency. After ranking last among 31 qualified quarterbacks as a rookie, Fields made a considerable jump from 31.4 to 53.9 in Total QBR, which ranked 17th in 2022. According to ESPN Stats & Information research, that’s the third-highest increase in Total QBR from a quarterback’s rookie season to second season since 2018, 7.1 points higher than the jump made by the Jacksonville JaguarsTrevor Lawrence, who was drafted 10 spots ahead of Fields in 2021.

Fields’ next largest area of improvement came via his touchdown-to-interception ratio. As a rookie, Fields threw seven touchdown passes and 10 interceptions (ranked 30th) in 12 games. In 2022, he threw for 17 touchdowns and had 11 interceptions (23rd)."

Reactions: otismotis08
Gotta hand it to that guy...he keeps making rosters and getting paid.
Show up, shut up, do what you are asked, be a good teammate and maybe even mention that someday you would like to get into coaching...

You will stay on NFL rosters as a backup QB for a long long time.

Reactions: jteten
Come on, you're better than that. Fields improved significantly in year 2 and I guarantee multiple teams are after him. All I'm saying is if you're comparing Fields to Minshew, once choice says "we're trying to hit the lottery" and one says, "we're happy with .500 and making tons of money this year."

From ESPN:
"Total QBR adds context behind why every play was or was not successful to measure a quarterback’s efficiency. After ranking last among 31 qualified quarterbacks as a rookie, Fields made a considerable jump from 31.4 to 53.9 in Total QBR, which ranked 17th in 2022. According to ESPN Stats & Information research, that’s the third-highest increase in Total QBR from a quarterback’s rookie season to second season since 2018, 7.1 points higher than the jump made by the Jacksonville JaguarsTrevor Lawrence, who was drafted 10 spots ahead of Fields in 2021.

Fields’ next largest area of improvement came via his touchdown-to-interception ratio. As a rookie, Fields threw seven touchdown passes and 10 interceptions (ranked 30th) in 12 games. In 2022, he threw for 17 touchdowns and had 11 interceptions (23rd)."

I think there is zero market for Fields. Zero. Sans a 5th or 6th round pick/trade...which is technically better than zero I guess, but the Bears would have unloaded him by now if there was any interest

From ESPN:

going from terrible to slightly less terrible isn't the type of improvement you tie your future to, and quoting obscure stats to combat reality is a fool's argument. Justin Fields has more interceptions in 3 years than Minshew does in 5, that's really all you need to know.

your comparison to the lottery is spot on, it's practically throwing away money.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
going from terrible to slightly less terrible isn't the type of improvement you tie your future to, and quoting obscure stats to combat reality is a fool's argument. Justin Fields has more interceptions in 3 years than Minshew does in 5, that's really all you need to know.

your comparison to the lottery is spot on, it's practically throwing away money.
Minshew was a backup for 2 years in Philly? So that's not exactly an apple for apple comparison saying 5 to 3. 2023 stats for the 2 are pretty comparable.

I think there is zero market for Fields. Zero. Sans a 5th or 6th round pick/trade...which is technically better than zero I guess, but the Bears would have unloaded him by now if there was any interest
There are reports that the Bears haven't even shopped Fields and that the likelihood is that they keep him and trade the pic. Not sure I believe that, they're probably just playing everyone to see what they can get for him as the draft gets closer. I'm no Fields fan, but I like his potential better than Minshew.

Reactions: Huskers123456
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT