ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

If the Bears organization was smart they would pass on drafting Williams my opinion which doesn't mean much will be a major bust. Just like the other Usc qbs that got got drafted beside Carson Palmer.
This would be another F up in a looooooong line of Bears QB decision F ups. Take the dude and trade Fields. It shouldn’t even be up for debate.

Reactions: EVERED
Williams is the guy. They should draft him regardless of whatever rumors were out there. Williams' people were also the same jackasses who said Williams would need a part ownership of the team that drafts him if they want him to sign.
Do not draft that nut job under any circumstances. Trade that pick for more picks, and roll with Fields at least one more year. Because whether or not Fields works out, you still need the talent everywhere else for whoever is the quarterback of the future. Plus, this draft is filthy with QBs, so take one at the bottom of the first. I would not hitch my wagon into anyone who was so mentally fragile.

Reactions: otismotis08
Mayfield and Cousins will be unrestricted FA's...if I'm the Bears, am I picking up the phone to call one of them, and then trade away my #1 to get a buttload of picks, instead of drafting Williams?

Mayfield and Cousins will be unrestricted FA's...if I'm the Bears, am I picking up the phone to call one of them, and then trade away my #1 to get a buttload of picks, instead of drafting Williams?
no.

you need elite QB play to win a Super Bowl in this era. even then, it sometimes isn't enough.

as seen with the 49ers, you can have an offensive genius HC, tons of offensive weapons, a defense littered with All-Pros, and it still only puts you on the edge when you have an above average QB.

no.

you need elite QB play to win a Super Bowl in this era. even then, it sometimes isn't enough.

as seen with the 49ers, you can have an offensive genius HC, tons of offensive weapons, a defense littered with All-Pros, and it still only puts you on the edge when you have an above average QB.

Who should the Chiefs draft?

I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. I listened to one scout who said this past year he was consistently passing up the first option even when it was open in order to move around & create a big play. And that's where a lot of the trouble started. I think he stayed one too many years in school. He thought he was too big for the game this year.
He had no choice ,he is a true junior. He couldn’t have left after the 22 season.

Reactions: king_kong_
They drafted Mitch Trubisky over Mahomes right?😰
I’m of the belief that this is just the typical pre draft nonsense just to see if they could get something silly like 2 first rounders or more for that spot. I think they take Caleb.

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
He had no choice ,he is a true junior. He couldn’t have left after the 22 season.
Good catch. I was wrong about that. But still, I think he tried to do too much this year after winning the Heisman the previous year.

Fields' career QBR is like 2 1/2 points above Pickett. His record as a starter is 10-28. And the Steelers are supposed to trade a 1st rounder just for the privilege of giving him a massive contract that he does not deserve?

A 2nd rounder is also too much. I could see giving the Bears a 2nd as long as the Bears gave the Steelers more picks- like their 4th & 5th. Even then I wouldn't take the deal. But the idea of trading a 2nd and other picks or an established veteran is insane.

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT