ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

Why I started this thread. Before the season I was told that Justin Fields was now the best QB in the division by @king_kong_ 😂. Now it looks like GB has their next franchise QB and Bears are going to have to try again after whiffing on Fields.😰 That's why GB starting QBs are 50-15 against the Bears since 1993.
Is Kong still around? I haven't seen much incessant bitching lately. Did the Big and Michigan's natty push him off the board? His Big narrative took a little hit.

Is Kong still around? I haven't seen much incessant bitching lately. Did the Big and Michigan's natty push him off the board? His Big narrative took a little hit.
Winking
tenor.gif

Reactions: dinglefritz
I’m not sold on Love even after yesterday’s performance. Most of his throws he’s either falling back/fading away or just throwing off his back foot. Has no mustard on any of them. Id say its more just him k owi g the offense from being in it for 4 years already than being an elite qb. We’ll see, but some of his lollypops are bound to start getting picked off

I’m not sold on Love even after yesterday’s performance. Most of his throws he’s either falling back/fading away or just throwing off his back foot. Has no mustard on any of them. Id say its more just him k owi g the offense from being in it for 4 years already than being an elite qb. We’ll see, but some of his lollypops are bound to start getting picked off
I wonder the same thing myself but then I watched Stafford, who many think is HOF, miss a wide open Kupp last night on basically the same type of play Love has been nailing the 2nd half of the season. I'm not sure if some qbs could even get some of those throws there under pressure like that. Love has a cannon.

I agree with that. Not sure there is a huge difference between Fields and Williams. I would stick with Fields.
I heard a radio jock say if it’s a toss up, you trade fields and take Williams to restart your clock. That makes sense to me because Fields just hasn’t shown me he can be a consistent QB.

I heard a radio jock say if it’s a toss up, you trade fields and take Williams to restart your clock. That makes sense to me because Fields just hasn’t shown me he can be a consistent QB.
Yeah, that is true. You do get to reset the clock.

They should try to do some wheeling and dealing with that first pick to getthree top ten picks, or three first round picks, or draft williams and deal him for a 1st and 2nd. Dont take a guy who doesnt wanna be there.

Could just be smoke to get teams to sweeten their offers.

They should try to do some wheeling and dealing with that first pick to getthree top ten picks, or three first round picks, or draft williams and deal him for a 1st and 2nd. Dont take a guy who doesnt wanna be there.

Could just be smoke to get teams to sweeten their offers.
Rumors of Broncos and Viqueens trading up to try to get a top QB.

If the Bears organization was smart they would pass on drafting Williams my opinion which doesn't mean much will be a major bust. Just like the other Usc qbs that got got drafted beside Carson Palmer.

If the Bears organization was smart they would pass on drafting Williams my opinion which doesn't mean much will be a major bust. Just like the other Usc qbs that got got drafted beside Carson Palmer.
Thatd be really, really dumb.
You either trade that pick for something or take him and trade him later. You dont just pass on him.

Reactions: jteten
What do the bears have for wr? You could take Marvin Harrison Jr at 1. My opinion Williams is a risk to draft for any team for that matter Williams has an attitude problem not a team player just what's in it for him I think he would be a cancer to any teams locker room. I honestly think he's going to be a major bust that a team will waste money on.

What do the bears have for wr? You could take Marvin Harrison Jr at 1. My opinion Williams is a risk to draft for any team for that matter Williams has an attitude problem not a team player just what's in it for him I think he would be a cancer to any teams locker room. I honestly think he's going to be a major bust that a team will waste money on.
Dj Moore for 1 more year IIRC.

Reactions: cmags82huskers
If I’m the Bears, I’m following in the path of the 49s, build a damn good team around a solid QB. Take the picks, Williams will be a bust.

Fields or pick a QB further down? There are a bunch of good ones potentially.
Id pick up a QB later in the first or down. See what Fields can do 1 more year and your new QB, then move off Fields if needed. Or if you can get a 1 or 2 2s for Fields before Draft, I would move him.

Yup. They mortgaged their future to get Wilson. Now they're stuck with him and or salary cap issues. Good luck.
As a Steelers fan, I'm amused and a little annoyed by the continual comments online that the Steelers should either trade for Wilson (and pay that washed up old timer his huge contract) or trade their 1st rounder for Fields so that they can be forced to immediately overpay him and destroy their salary cap. Unless you can be great at QB, you're better off with average play and cap space to build a team around them.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
Thatd be really, really dumb.
You either trade that pick for something or take him and trade him later. You dont just pass on him.
Williams is the guy. They should draft him regardless of whatever rumors were out there. Williams' people were also the same jackasses who said Williams would need a part ownership of the team that drafts him if they want him to sign.

Williams is the guy. They should draft him regardless of whatever rumors were out there. Williams' people were also the same jackasses who said Williams would need a part ownership of the team that drafts him if they want him to sign.
Williams got exposed this year, going to take a very strong coach to meld him into a consistent pro. I predict bust regardless of where he goes.

Williams got exposed this year, going to take a very strong coach to meld him into a consistent pro. I predict bust regardless of where he goes.
I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. I listened to one scout who said this past year he was consistently passing up the first option even when it was open in order to move around & create a big play. And that's where a lot of the trouble started. I think he stayed one too many years in school. He thought he was too big for the game this year.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT