ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Draft

I wouldn't pass on Marvin Harrison Jr. Guy is as big of lock to be awesome that I have seen. Get him one way or another. Trading down would be ideal but I don't risk missing him.
adding Marvin Harrison Jr gives the Bears a top tier WR 1 -2 punch with DJ Moore. You turn everything around on offense when you have 2 WR #1s. Think Hill/Waddle, Chase/Higgins, AJ Brown/ D Smith, Aiyuk/Debo… Think Addison/Jefferson could end up in that group but injuries this year delayed.

But the teams with two WRs like that generally are top tier teams. Having that second option for Fields would be a life changer. Bears have some awful WRs after Moore and that makes them much easier to defend.

Reactions: BleedRed78
As a bears fan, I do not care at all about eccentric/weird.

The two best quarterbacks in Bears history are Jim McMahon and Jay Cutler. Couple of big time oddballs.

Its a huge media market, but also by far the most forgiving so long as there are wins.

Williams is an enticing prospect, to be sure. As is any QB’s 4 year rookie contract window.

I’d be excited to have him. Hope springs eternal, as we Husker fans can attest
And the two best RBs in bears history are Payton and Sayers (two of the best of all time).

That’s not a coincidence that the 2 best QBs in franchise history are actually not very great but the 2 best RBs were legendary. It’s hard to throw in Chicago!! It’s the Windy City. Similar to Lincoln.

Fields is a great fit for Chi-town cause his running ability. Give him another weapon and the Bears will be great again

Reactions: BleedRed78
I would think the Bears could make some playoff noise in the coming years with Fields. If they surround him with better talent across the board. All depends on how his contract years are structured vs. the salary cap. In no way should they pay him as a top 10-15 QB until he proves it. If that's an issue, move on.

I would think the Bears could make some playoff noise in the coming years with Fields. If they surround him with better talent across the board. All depends on how his contract years are structured vs. the salary cap. In no way should they pay him as a top 10-15 QB until he proves it. If that's an issue, move on.
if they beat GB on Sunday this year will mirror Detroit's 2022 season, which they've used to springboard themselves into the NFC pennant conversation

• Angry
Reactions: HBK4life
As a bears fan, I do not care at all about eccentric/weird.

The two best quarterbacks in Bears history are Jim McMahon and Jay Cutler. Couple of big time oddballs.

Its a huge media market, but also by far the most forgiving so long as there are wins.

Williams is an enticing prospect, to be sure. As is any QB’s 4 year rookie contract window.

I’d be excited to have him. Hope springs eternal, as we Husker fans can attest
Just nitpicking, but gotta point out that Jay Cutler was in no way better than Sid Luckman

I appreciate that theory, it's just that they're probably ready to be a playoff team next year and it's hard to expect that out of a rookie qb, even one as talented as Williams.
Did yesterday's result change your mind any? I've had Fields in fantasy football for two straight years and he's been so damn inconsistent. There are some teams that just flat out shut him down. Fields seems pretty limited to me. I got burned time and again in fantasy football because I didn't have a good backup to plug in when Fields played against a good defense.

With the QB position so important in the NFL, the Bears would be wise to look damn hard at the top QB prospects. If there is a QB prospect that they fall in love with, the Bears have to take him.

"Please resign and or keep Justin Fields"

Sincerely,
Every NFC GM and team on Bears schedule next year.

Did yesterday's result change your mind any? I've had Fields in fantasy football for two straight years and he's been so damn inconsistent. There are some teams that just flat out shut him down. Fields seems pretty limited to me. I got burned time and again in fantasy football because I didn't have a good backup to plug in when Fields played against a good defense.

With the QB position so important in the NFL, the Bears would be wise to look damn hard at the top QB prospects. If there is a QB prospect that they fall in love with, the Bears have to take him.

I only caught some of it. Would have to see the all 22 to know if guys aren't open or he just doesn't see the field well enough. I would lean towards the latter and join your side without digging in more.

I'd stay with Fields, deal #1 for more picks, and keep building.
Agree. It's not Fields. The Bears have sucked for 35 years and they always blame the HC and QB. Maybe, just maybe, it's the ownership. If they do trade Fields, watch him go on to be a really good NFL QB.

Agree. It's not Fields. The Bears have sucked for 35 years and they always blame the HC and QB. Maybe, just maybe, it's the ownership. If they do trade Fields, watch him go on to be a really good NFL QB.
If you dig deeper, the consensus is that Fields does not have the mental capacity to read NFL defenses.

ownership doesn't help

the Bears are a family business

I still don't think I would use the #1 pick on a qb. I take MH Jr. and an olineman and keep Fields. Or take MH Jr. and someone like Penix. There is going to be a really good player available at 9.

Reactions: king_kong_
I still don't think I would use the #1 pick on a qb. I take MH Jr. and an olineman and keep Fields. Or take MH Jr. and someone like Penix. There is going to be a really good player available at 9.
I also don't think it's crazy for a vet like Bo Nix to make an impact as a 2nd or 3rd rounder a la Hurts

I also don't think it's crazy for a vet like Bo Nix to make an impact as a 2nd or 3rd rounder a la Hurts
Nix and Penix are projected as 2nd rounders right now by Mel Kiper but he'll change his rankings a lot as he starts to hear what the teams think. With 32 teams in the league, I think it's likely that a few will like Bo Nix enough that somebody takes him in the first round. Penix has his detractors too, but damn if he plays well tonight, he's not going to last into day two either. There are 11 other teams that could logically take a QB in the first round. If the Bears identify a guy who is clearly the best of those top five QBs, they have to take him at #1. I bet they take Caleb Williams.

Nix and Penix are projected as 2nd rounders right now by Mel Kiper but he'll change his rankings a lot as he starts to hear what the teams think. With 32 teams in the league, I think it's likely that a few will like Bo Nix enough that somebody takes him in the first round. Penix has his detractors too, but damn if he plays well tonight, he's not going to last into day two either. There are 11 other teams that could logically take a QB in the first round. If the Bears identify a guy who is clearly the best of those top five QBs, they have to take him at #1. I bet they take Caleb Williams.
Williams has been the #1 prospect for like 3 years now

I also think JJ McCarthy has a chance to go in the 1st round, assuming he declares. he will test like a monster and so far has only lost 1 game as a college QB.

Reactions: Dean Pope
Williams has been the #1 prospect for like 3 years now

I also think JJ McCarthy has a chance to go in the 1st round, assuming he declares. he will test like a monster and so far has only lost 1 game as a college QB.
You're right, but after watching McCarthy play in person he just seems like a decent QB playing with some first round talent around him. The question is.... does that make him the next Joe Burrow or something less than that, like a Kenny Pickett or Daniel Jones?

Why I started this thread. Before the season I was told that Justin Fields was now the best QB in the division by @king_kong_ 😂. Now it looks like GB has their next franchise QB and Bears are going to have to try again after whiffing on Fields.😰 That's why GB starting QBs are 50-15 against the Bears since 1993.

Why I started this thread. Before the season I was told that Justin Fields was now the best QB in the division by @king_kong_ 😂. Now it looks like GB has their next franchise QB and Bears are going to have to try again after whiffing on Fields.😰 That's why GB starting QBs are 50-15 against the Bears since 1993.
A lot of people hate GB (I'm looking at you MN, Detroit, Chicago) but everyone has to admit it is very forward thinking to draft a qb in the 1st when you already have a HOF'er.

Reactions: HBK4life
A lot of people hate GB (I'm looking at you MN, Detroit, Chicago) but everyone has to admit it is very forward thinking to draft a qb in the 1st when you already have a HOF'er.

Do we really know if Love is the answer yet? I feel like people are jumping the gun on that.

Do we really know if Love is the answer yet? I feel like people are jumping the gun on that.
We might not know if he is a perennial pro bowl qb but we do know he is a legit NFL qb with a cannon for an arm throwing to mostly 1st year players. Watson will likely never be healthy at this point but it's scary to think about him playing regularly with the other young wr's and te's.

perhaps, they didn't win shit with him on the bench the past 3 years though. Have to see what happens for them going forward, it's nice to be able to root for GB again, was huge Favre fan but could never get behind captain douche knot.

perhaps, they didn't win shit with him on the bench the past 3 years though. Have to see what happens for them going forward, it's nice to be able to root for GB again, was huge Favre fan but could never get behind captain douche knot.
GB has clarity going forward. Vikings and Bears know how bad it sucks to lack clarity at qb.

Stunned there are Bears fans who want to give the vegan more time. You have a chance to move on, don't have to give up any draft capital (cough cough Denver) or overpay for a marginal talent (cough cough Dallas)...You can draft Maye or Williams and fix the most important position on the team. I'd be pissed if I were a Bear fan and they decide to run Fields out there again. Lost season if they do, and lets say he improves a little....you don't get the #1 pick next year and will draft somebody with less upside than what you can draft this year and you're still in QB purgatory.
Overpaid marginal talent in Dallas? 10th highest QB salary and about to be #2 or 3 in the MVP voting. I’d say that’s a pretty decent value. Like every other NFL QB not named Mahomes, Dak has his flaws, but sweet lord, the negative hyperbole surrounding that dude from Cowboy haters is ill conceived.

And yes, they are moving on from Fields, as they should. In some polls, Bears fans are about 60-40 in wanting to bring him back. Pretty damn fascinating, especially considering what they see across the field from the packers new QB.

Overpaid marginal talent in Dallas? 10th highest QB salary and about to be #2 or 3 in the MVP voting. I’d say that’s a pretty decent value. Like every other NFL QB not named Mahomes, Dak has his flaws, but sweet lord, the negative hyperbole surrounding that dude from Cowboy haters is ill conceived.

And yes, they are moving on from Fields, as they should. In some polls, Bears fans are about 60-40 in wanting to bring him back. Pretty damn fascinating, especially considering what they see across the field from the packers new QB.

Dallas fan? Hahaha.

Cowboys hate makes even the most logical, illogical. But I understand the narrative, it’s low hanging fruit for interweb blah blah.

I don't hate anyone...but I do love watching the 'Boys smack themselves in the face when they step on the rake...which they do everytime they play a team with a pulse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT