ADVERTISEMENT

New computer...

Jaemekon

College Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Apr 23, 2007
I purchased a new computer back in October, it proceeded to sit on my floor in the box for about a month.

Then i hooked it up, used it for a total of a couple of hours over the next few days.

Since that time, it has sat unused. does anyone else ever buy useless shit that they don't use?

I purchased a new computer back in October, it proceeded to sit on my floor in the box for about a month.

Then i hooked it up, used it for a total of a couple of hours over the next few days.

Since that time, it has sat unused. does anyone else ever buy useless shit that they don't use?
was it a nice computer? for gaming?

was it a nice computer? for gaming?

not a gaming PC, no. at least not for games like planet zoo, beam ng (i tried, not good enough). but it is probably good enough to play many games (some do work). i couldn't tell you though, never got passed those first few days.

i was going to use it for some other things too. but i think i am computer averse, whenever i think about getting on the computer i just get weird feelings, like anxiety, depression, rage, or something (allegedly).

maybe it's from having to use the computer so much for past work and school that i have a strong dislike for computer use. like i said though, i was certainly going to try, but haven't found the willpower to get back on the computer.

Kind of like when you get a new lady, really excited at first with lots of action then it rarely gets used. A lot more expensive too lol.

the lady or the computer is more expensive? i would argue that the lady is more expensive, at least over time.

Reactions: salsa red
Perhaps my xbox series x. bought it when i had a vasectomy so i could play starfield. haven't played in in maybe 2 months now. maybe tonight is the night. just have to wait till kids are asleep and wife doesn't want my attention, and hope im not too tired, lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Jaemekon
Perhaps my xbox series x. bought it when i had a vasectomy so i could play starfield. haven't played in in maybe 2 months now. maybe tonight is the night. just have to wait till kids are asleep and wife doesn't want my attention, and hope im not too tired, lol.

Good luck.

I built my first new desktop in 11 years back in August and I love it.

But, I do have a half dozen recently purchased Steam games that I have yet to play...

Corsair-5000D-AIRFLOW-Black.jpg

• Love
for what?
'but i think i am computer averse, whenever i think about getting on the computer i just get weird feelings, like anxiety, depression, rage, or something (allegedly).'

it doesn't seem like buying a computer should make you feel that way. and also why spend the money to buy something that makes you so miserable (allegedly).

'but i think i am computer averse, whenever i think about getting on the computer i just get weird feelings, like anxiety, depression, rage, or something (allegedly).'

it doesn't seem like buying a computer should make you feel that way. and also why spend the money to buy something that makes you so miserable (allegedly).

good question.

i don't find joy in using the computer, i don't know what the feeling is, but it's not a good feeling, but it's kind of like those other feelings, kind of. i don't have any "positive" computer use experiences throughout my life really, so i would argue that having a negative feeling towards computer use is actually normal.

i also don't want to use public computers (they're gross), so i think purchasing my own is the play, which i did, but then i haven't used it.

We have a small carpet shampooer that has been sitting new in a box for five years. We have since installed wood floors on the lower level, so there are only a few rooms upstairs where it could theoretically be used.

There is a rice cooker around here somewhere that we used once and put in the cabinet.

not a gaming PC, no. at least not for games like planet zoo, beam ng (i tried, not good enough). but it is probably good enough to play many games (some do work). i couldn't tell you though, never got passed those first few days.

i was going to use it for some other things too. but i think i am computer averse, whenever i think about getting on the computer i just get weird feelings, like anxiety, depression, rage, or something (allegedly).

maybe it's from having to use the computer so much for past work and school that i have a strong dislike for computer use. like i said though, i was certainly going to try, but haven't found the willpower to get back on the computer.
interesting. I built my PC about 11 years ago and it is about time to do a fresh build. I use a computer at work and when I get home, it is time for my PC. It's my hub to the world. Never had a laptop or tablet though. Cell phone when away and big computer chungus at home.

Reactions: Jaemekon and Laner2
interesting. I built my PC about 11 years ago and it is about time to do a fresh build. I use a computer at work and when I get home, it is time for my PC. It's my hub to the world. Never had a laptop or tablet though. Cell phone when away and big computer chungus at home.

i know a few people who are like that. i use the cell phone for all my posting here and on X.

good question.

i don't find joy in using the computer, i don't know what the feeling is, but it's not a good feeling, but it's kind of like those other feelings, kind of. i don't have any "positive" computer use experiences throughout my life really, so i would argue that having a negative feeling towards computer use is actually normal.

i also don't want to use public computers (they're gross), so i think purchasing my own is the play, which i did, but then i haven't used it.
And yet you’re using a smart phone (aka computer). 😉

We have a small carpet shampooer that has been sitting new in a box for five years. We have since installed wood floors on the lower level, so there are only a few rooms upstairs where it could theoretically be used.

There is a rice cooker around here somewhere that we used once and put in the cabinet.
I’ve been married for 40+ years. No doubt somewhere in my storeroom there’s a box of wedding presents we’ve never used …..

Did buy a flame thrower last fall. Used it once. It didn’t perform as hoped for so it’s hanging in my accessory garage. Maybe I’ll break it out to melt some ice on my steps.

I think you meant to say "wife" but you said "computer"

• Haha

Okay....two things

1. You totally need help! Ha
2. I want to drink with you!

• Haha
I thought the wedding ring was the vasectomy? Why did you get a second one?

I'll trade you mine for yours. DDR3 era tech in a shiny new case. You can put it right back on the floor so that area wont get dusty.

Try selling it for some meth

Speaking of useless shit. I see you’re a goldmember now too. How does that go over with the lady? Asking for a girl

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Jaemekon and Laner2
I'll trade you mine for yours. DDR3 era tech in a shiny new case. You can put it right back on the floor so that area wont get dusty.

I used to have DDR on GameCube. I'm going to assume this is a bad deal, is that correct?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT