ADVERTISEMENT

New Big 10 payouts

Are all the new schools getting the full payout?

“Oregon and Washington will join the Big Ten in 2024 but will not receive full media rights shares then, which USC and UCLA will. Both are set to receive $30-35 million annually, according to sources, a share that will increase by $1 million during the Big Ten's media contract with Fox, NBC and CBS, which runs through the 2029-30 athletic season.”

Reactions: WHCSC
Yay. More money that doesn’t affect me
Yes, hooray for us. To celebrate, NU is instituting the Seat Yourself Plan! The funnest part is the mandatory donation.

Reminds me of the Patrick Ewing quote: "People complain that we make too much money, but what they don't understand is that we need a lot of money because we spend a lot of money."

Lower the seat donations. $840 for two season tickets and an additional $1000 for the donation. I get charging a premium for the sidelines, but endzones should be $0 above the season ticket price.
My forum buddy, countrybob, has on more than one occassion offered me a free ticket, a ride to Lincoln. As much as I'd like to go it comes with the caveat if NU loses, I have to find my own way home. As dismal as NU has been for years, I just can't take that chance.

I don't really love the B10, but I'm glad we're raking in the $
I’m only okay with it if we spend it all

If we just pocket it and suck ass then I’d rather we make less

When is the check cashing party at center court in the Vault? Who is riding the Husker hog in and who is the bitch on the back holding the giant vanity check?

The people are demanding to know!

I’m only okay with it if we spend it all

If we just pocket it and suck ass then I’d rather we make less
You wouldn’t like me managing the money. When I managed a small college, the staff wanted to spend it all. There are too many unknowns in this environment. Law suits for all players, having to pay players, building upkeep and a ton of other things. Having cash on hand comes in handy when you need something.

You wouldn’t like me managing the money. When I managed a small college, the staff wanted to spend it all. There are too many unknowns in this environment. Law suits for all players, having to pay players, building upkeep and a ton of other things. Having cash on hand comes in handy when you need something.
When the big boys have so many built in advantages and NU wants to approach that level in a couple years, you can still spend 90% and keep $7M in a contingency fund.

Keeping in mind as the year draws near an end and there is more cash coming next year,
probably a larger amount, then you can draw down that contingency fund and get an early start.

NU is not building for retirement here. I agree a bit with each of you.

Reactions: king_kong_
I would agree with this if we were still an elite program. But the way we’ve fallen, when it comes to that stack of cash? Burn baby burn. Spend whatever it takes to get us back on top. That’s THE biggest advantage to being in the Big Ten.

I would agree with this if we were still an elite program. But the way we’ve fallen, when it comes to that stack of cash? Burn baby burn. Spend whatever it takes to get us back on top. That’s THE biggest advantage to being in the Big Ten.
That's sure an option. I don't think there is any data that indicates a lot of money spent = championships. Nebraska is also in a unique situation where it gives money back to the University. The one thing I have learned is that once you start down that road of spending, there is no turning back. Look at our stupid country.

Reactions: huskerfan66
Lower the seat donations. $840 for two season tickets and an additional $1000 for the donation. I get charging a premium for the sidelines, but endzones should be $0 above the season ticket price.

Or buy tickets using a place like stubhub and never pay for the donation fee.

You’re right.

I wouldn’t.

Reactions: itseasyas1-2-3
You’re right.

I wouldn’t.
I would add that when things were tight on the state level, we still had money for raises that others didn’t have. Sounds like you are the kid who gets his allowance and spends it all at the game store or candy shop the same day. How is that working for our government?

I would add that when things were tight on the state level, we still had money for raises that others didn’t have. Sounds like you are the kid who gets his allowance and spends it all at the game store or candy shop the same day. How is that working for our government?
Diff strokes, pard

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT