ADVERTISEMENT

New Athletic Director

No offense, Frost is great and all but he isn't your god for some of you. Let the AD hire the best coach. If it's Frost then fine. Or Mike Gundy then great, etc etc. This Frost love is getting weird with some of you.

Yea, saw A LOT of post proclaiming Frost as savior or GOD of the program....Please show at least one post proclaiming him as such. I do agree with you on letting the AD do his job and if they feel someone else is better, fine. However, that will be tough as Everyone wants Frost (that's assuming Frost wants to come home).

Last edited:
Well, after the supremely disastrous effects of Pedeyshine & SE......some changes for how we pick our AD might be a very, very good idea.

I'm not saying that it's not. I'm just pointing out that by all appearances this A.D. search is all about getting Frost. Nothing else.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
Sounds like the Danny White rumors are Fake News. I still think it will be Jeff Long.

How do you know we haven't been talking to Frost? Even if Green and Bounds, for obvious reasons, aren't contacting Frost directly, there are back channel ways to communicate with him. If anyone thinks TO hasn't been in contact with Frost (assuming that is who Green and Bounds want) they are nuts. Of course he has.

I think you are probably right, they may have contacted him directly. But going after an AD who Frost would approve of is a bit puzzling. To me, the head coach calls the shots if he's big enough of a star. The AD may have the final say, but Head Coach Salary > AD Salary. We will see what Greene and Bounds do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Well, after the supremely disastrous effects of Pedeyshine & SE......some changes for how we pick our AD might be a very, very good idea.
The way we picked SP wasn't a problem. He checked all the boxes at the time and Tom himself thought he would be good. Who knew he would screw things up so badly. I feel pretty good about the people running our AD search. They're smart and good people.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
The way we picked SP wasn't a problem. He checked all the boxes at the time and Tom himself thought he would be good. Who knew he would screw things up so badly. I feel pretty good about the people running our AD search. They're smart and good people.

Pederson had his own agenda and didn't like Solich, he wanted to make his own mark on Nebraska football like Devaney and Osborne but his hiring choice backfired on him and would have been a failure just like the hiring of Callahan...

I too thought we was going to be a good AD for us but didn't know how arrogant he was.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I can't see his tweets he banned me, I have never even responded to his tweets ever. Must be a good judge of character :)

Yep, Bill Moos. Was at Oregon but has been at Washington St. wow, talk about a surprise.

well this either means one of two things. We keep Riley or we get Frost.

What is with you guys in Lincoln? First you hire a has-been coach in Mike Riley and now even older and more tired Bill Moos. Has Nebraska become the capital of the Golden Parachute?

Reactions: Agegoneby
I think he was fired at Oregon!!!

I am so pissed. He hired Ernie Kent as the basketball coach at WSU. (Look up Ernie's record)This is one more huge mistake. Sure he got lucky with the pirate because no one else would hire him. Mike is a fun coach to watch. I prefer him as the Coug coach so I don't have to deal with him at Nebraska.

Last edited:
He seems like he's well-respected in the business....but he's even older than Mike Riley. Very strange he would leave at this point in his career, especially considering he is a Washington State alum and has a ranch there.

Reactions: Wasker77
ADVERTISEMENT