ADVERTISEMENT

New Athletic Director

Does anyone know who was responsible for signing off on Eichorst's ridiculous $1M/year salary? That guy should probably be feeling some heat as well.

No matter who is chosen as AD, and what happens with Riley's replacement (I think his firing is a foregone conclusion at this point), can we please skip all the rosy predictions and local media coverage saying everything is better than ever?

After 19 years of cheap talk, I just want to see some results on the field. Have the team come out next year looking like a sharp, focused, well-coached team. Even if the talent level can't be fixed in a few months, there is a lot that can be done just with discipline and toughness. There are many other teams with less talent than Nebraska who would kick the Huskers up and down the field this season.

No matter who is chosen as AD, and what happens with Riley's replacement (I think his firing is a foregone conclusion at this point), can we please skip all the rosy predictions and local media coverage saying everything is better than ever?

After 19 years of cheap talk, I just want to see some results on the field. Have the team come out next year looking like a sharp, focused, well-coached team. Even if the talent level can't be fixed in a few months, there is a lot that can be done just with discipline and toughness. There are many other teams with less talent than Nebraska who would kick the Huskers up and down the field this season.

Oh boy, that's the truth.

Reactions: IUHusker
I have a feeling it's Jeff Long....I think he wants out of Arkansas, he's feeling the pressure after his last 2 hires there (Petrino and Bielema) haven't worked out. It's not easy to hire a coach when you're in the same division as Alabama, Auburn, and LSU.

I have a feeling it's Jeff Long....I think he wants out of Arkansas, he's feeling the pressure after his last 2 hires there (Petrino and Bielema) haven't worked out. It's not easy to hire a coach when you're in the same division as Alabama, Auburn, and LSU.
I don't think that would be a very popular choice given that his last hire for a head coach is failing.

We have our sight set higher.

I don't think that would be a very popular choice given that his last hire for a head coach is failing.

I agree, it just seems like his name is the one that keeps coming up. Where there's smoke there's fire? Also, he was on the College Football Playoff Committee with Osborne.

I don't think it's White because all indications are we want a Power-5 Conference AD.

At this point, we should do whatever it takes to get Scott Frost. Triple his salary to $5 million. Get him the nicest jet on the market to recruit the talent he wants. Buy him a house on Coronado, in Scottsdale for his wife, whatever he needs. The strange thing to me in this entire process is that it looks like a lot of alumni and former players don't want to come get involved with the administration and help get us back.

We are hiring an AD hoping to get Scott Frost? And while it would certainly help if it was Mullen or White, they aren't exactly Nebraska guys. With all of that said, I have a little bit more faith in Ronnie Greene and Hank Bounds than the past 18 years of administrators. It's time to get the passion back. This isn't ****ing rocket science.

Last edited:
The Oregon AD might want to get the heck out of Eugene after tonight....the Ducks are getting demolished by Stanford.

I was back in my hometown in Nebraska in the summer of 2015. Out at the golf course I started talked about Riley and what I knew about him. A group of about 8-10 guys gathered around me. I will never forget this one statement after I stopped talking. One of the guys said something to the effect, "Wow, I've never heard any of this. All I've read in the local papers is good things about Riley". I am with you on this one. Note to Lee B, Shatel and Sipple. Please, before telling us the new coach is the answer to all our Husker problems, let us find out for ourselves how well he can coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Howard Hawks and TO want Frost. They are making sure we aregoing after the two people that are most likely to make that happen. His former and current boss.

I like the sound of Howard and TO in on this movement. And I get that we want Frost to be comfortable if he were to return to Nebraska (because it doesn't seem like too many former players are lining up to lend a hand in fixing this program), but I'm just wondering why aren't we going directly after Frost? I think we need to go right at Frost and then ask who Frost wants. Even though it is risky, Frost being able to choose the AD he wants (Mullens, White, etc.) to work with would (1) be a huge bargaining chip and (2) make the deal damn near irresistible.

Call me crazy but this is what I would do. The program is losing money and revenue by the day with the product on the field.

Amen brother!

I like the sound of Howard and TO in on this movement. And I get that we want Frost to be comfortable if he were to return to Nebraska (because it doesn't seem like too many former players are lining up to lend a hand in fixing this program), but I'm just wondering why aren't we going directly after Frost? I think we need to go right at Frost and then ask who Frost wants. Even though it is risky, Frost being able to choose the AD he wants (Mullens, White, etc.) to work with would (1) be a huge bargaining chip and (2) make the deal damn near irresistible.

Call me crazy but this is what I would do. The program is losing money and revenue by the day with the product on the field.
How do you know we haven't been talking to Frost? Even if Green and Bounds, for obvious reasons, aren't contacting Frost directly, there are back channel ways to communicate with him. If anyone thinks TO hasn't been in contact with Frost (assuming that is who Green and Bounds want) they are nuts. Of course he has.

I would argue we do not need another employee that is feeling heat in their current postion that we can throw a safety net towards.

X1000000
This 15year plus shit show has to end.

GBR

Reactions: Bigbozman33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT