ADVERTISEMENT

New Athletic Director

Well, the Wazzu fans are all heartbroken, so that's a good sign, also they all have full confidence Mike Leach is coming to Lincoln.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Frost may not be the next coach, and that's ok.
Let's hope this guy can get a lot of interviews lined up with potential candidates.

Maybe he's the only candidate who said that fixing the walk-on program is the way to get back to the top.

Underwhelming. Sounds like he is good with donors and has done a fair job with upgrades. He basically has one job until he retires. Let's hope he gets that one right.

Underwhelming. Sounds like he is good with donors and has done a fair job with upgrades. He basically has one job until he retires. Let's hope he gets that one right.

Yep, and a coach might hesitate coming here knowing their AD would retire in 5 or so years.

I've been calling and texting Coug friends. They can't believe it. Some are really upset. What they all pretty much agree on is that Moos is a people person and Husker fans are going to like him. As I have already written they say he is good at fundraising and is really good at getting the fans and alumni involved.

Reactions: GretnaShawn
Badgers fan here. Congrats for getting your AD.
One comment I got is about his age, 66 years old.
I wonder if NU reached out to Barry, who is 70.

How is this underwhelming? Who would you have wanted instead???

Well, the Wazzu fans are all heartbroken, so that's a good sign, also they all have full confidence Mike Leach is coming to Lincoln.
After listening to the press conference, AD Moos was pretty adamant that "the right fit:" is extremely important. I think he would think that Leach would probably not be the "right fit" for NU.

Who knows if it will work out or not, but I think leadership took a good swing with Bill's hire.

I do think fit is important and chuckled when he said he already sold his house in Washington.

How is this underwhelming? Who would you have wanted instead???
Probably guys who wouldn't have come here. I really liked the guy at Va Tech. He wasn't making that much and hired a good football and basketball coach.

However, other than that I do like him being a solid hire. My underwhelming is purely about age. I wonder if a coach worries about coming here knowing that he will probably have to work with a different AD in a few years.

Reactions: YouGotSwatted!
Probably guys who wouldn't have come here. I really liked the guy at Va Tech. He wasn't making that much and hired a good football and basketball coach.

However, other than that I do like him being a solid hire. My underwhelming is purely about age. I wonder if a coach worries about coming here knowing that he will probably have to work with a different AD in a few years.

From the presser, it sounds like he didn’t like retirement. He’ll here long enough for Remington to turn 60, come back and get his feet wet and then take over. Introduce the new coaches to Remington and we’ll be fine.

He’s proven the ability to build programs, which is fantastic. He’s hired multiple coaches in multiple sports and been successful. Which means a lot more to me than getting a good football coach once. I don’t know a lot about the VT AD. Was his hire a fluke? Or is he great at hiring?

At last we know we got a builder and a guy with a track record.

Some of the above is gold!

hindsight.jpg

this is an freaking awful hire. Phil Knight told Oregon he wouldn't help build a basketball arena until they fired this guy. What has he done as an AD besides a good talker. WTF!! Bounds and Green did exactly what they accuse Eichorst of doing and that is hiring someone who is just a complete opposite. This is freaking nightmare! this is what you get when you hire a company from the east coast to hire someone in the midwest. You get an old fart who hasn't done jack crap on the west coast.

Time for Green and Bounds to pack their crap too. What a freaking disaster!
HerbiePostOSUloss.jpg

Take a lap

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT