Never Forget..

Bugeater

Assistant Head Coach
May 29, 2001
Surprise, AZ via North Platte
12-7-1941

Pearl_Harbor_Memorial_4.jpg

burningDocksPearl-Harbor-attack.jpg

I watched a great show about midway and bombing japan carriers. how they had to fly real far, nose dive right at the ship to bomb it, then pull up and fly back to where they came from running on fumes...seemed pretty wild.

I reported to the USS Enterprise December 6th 2001 for my very first duty assignment.

Had I the same set of orders exactly 60 years prior I would have been at Pearl Harbor awaiting for my ship to come back in from sea trials....and been there for the attack.

I've kept a copy of my orders. I'm more fond of those than all the other stuff I earned while I was in. When I have my shadow box made those orders are going to be in it just under a folded Old Glory.

I reported to the USS Enterprise December 6th 2001 for my very first duty assignment.

Had I the same set of orders exactly 60 years prior I would have been at Pearl Harbor awaiting for my ship to come back in from sea trials....and been there for the attack.

I've kept a copy of my orders. I'm more fond of those than all the other stuff I earned while I was in. When I have my shadow box made those orders are going to be in it just under a folded Old Glory.

Could you imagine what would have been racing through your mind as that all transpired? You really only would have had time to react to what was going on.

N

Reactions: Sinomatic
Could you imagine what would have been racing through your mind as that all transpired? You really only would have had time to react to what was going on.

That would have been one heck of a welcome to the US Navy. Most likely, being fresh out of boot, either carrying stretchers or ammo.

Last edited:
I watched a great show about midway and bombing japan carriers. how they had to fly real far, nose dive right at the ship to bomb it, then pull up and fly back to where they came from running on fumes...seemed pretty wild.
In today's world we say that's crazy back then not so Japan was your sworn enemy they fought dirty and you were 18 years old invincible, flying in a dive bomber how about being the one in a B17s ball turret the Sherman tank crew. I read that being a submariner had the highest mortality rates like 37% I could be wrong.
The world war 2 and Korean War vet are becoming fewer and fewer every day even the Vietnam veterans are getting up there in years. Thank you all veterans let us never forget!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT