ADVERTISEMENT

Nebrasketball v Sparty

What I don't like is that once again it takes hero ball to even be in a game. No semblance of an offense, or maybe that IS the offense.

Hanging around.
McGowens is so freaking explosive and quick. He tried to hammer that dunk down though and missed it expecting to draw a foul. Then he got out of control on that break and tripped trying to split 2 defenders. NU has gotten them in to an up tempo game for now. Need to keep that up.

What I don't like is that once again it takes hero ball to even be in a game. No semblance of an offense, or maybe that IS the offense.
It IS in fact the offense. This team can't win playing in the half court.

Teddy looks like "that" guy at the Y at noon wearin the head band throwing up goofy hook shots and finger rolls......and sometimes they go in.

That Henry dude, we ain't got one a him. Hopefully we will.

Well they kept it a ball game for awhile. Some flashes but like I mentioned earlier we dont have the horses to compete in this league. Other than Trey Teddy Delano and eventually Eduardo and maybe Yvan. None of the rest are B1G players. Shamiel, Trevor Lakes, Thor, Lat definitely aren't B1G players. We replace Thor with Bryce and add another high level transfer and we could have something next year.

That Henry dude, we ain't got one a him. Hopefully we will.
McGowens will be his caliber IMO. We need to set more things up for McGowens. Right now everything is one on one for Teddy and Banton. When Teddy's head is right, that's a nice 3 guy lineup. The problem is the supportiing cast

Well they kept it a ball game for awhile. Some flashes but like I mentioned earlier we dont have the horses to compete in this league. Other than Trey Teddy Delano and eventually Eduardo and maybe Yvan. None of the rest are B1G players. Shamiel, Trevor Lakes, Thor, Lat definitely aren't B1G players. We replace Thor with Bryce and add another high level transfer and we could have something next year.
You worry about what happens if they go 0-fer the rest of the season. Hopefully no one valuable transfers.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Thor is a reasonably good B1G 7th or 8th man for some teams. Yvan's kind of the same deal. I think Yvan is still only 18 years old. He could be a decent guy by the time he's a senior. IF we can keep some of these kids around including the 2 freshmen on the bench, we could be pretty salty in 2 years.

You worry about what happens if they go 0-fer the rest of the season. Hopefully no one valuable transfers.
This is a game we could have and probably should have won. WAY too many turnovers. Teddy was terrible in the 1st half and then to start the 2nd.

If we had a big who could rebound...

Funny how a few missed FT's here and there kinda hurt ya in a close game. I should be a coach.

Reactions: dinglefritz
If we had a big who could rebound...
IF ifs and buts were candy and nuts. Andre could develop in to a legit B1G big man. COVID really put him back. He lost some weight and strength he couldn't afford to lose. Give Andre a normal year of S&C and the training table and he could be a force. They say he's still not completely recovered from the virus.

Reactions: TheNewNU
One of you guys are right about Loyer being terrible. Fred is like, "my kid is sitting behind THIS guy??"

Did you guys catch Allen kinda drop the ball at Fred's feet there at the end and Fred said something to him? Fred's about sick of his act.

Did you guys catch Allen kinda drop the ball at Fred's feet there at the end and Fred said something to him? Fred's about sick of his act.
Fred doesn’t have much tolerance for that kind of stuff. Ask Cam Mack.

Reactions: mgbreis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT