ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska MBB +3 @ Wisconsin

chicolby

All-American
May 3, 2012
Nebraska hits the road to Wisconsin currently holding the 4th spot in the B1G alone.

This game, to me, seems like a dangerous spot. Haap is coming off back to back games with 20+ points. Nebraska seemed to have the best defensive success against him with Jordy defending him, but that doesn’t work the best for the Huskers on the offensive side.

Palmer has been so reliable, but Wisconsin is also known to bog things down and make games clunky.

For the gamblers, I feel like this is a game to steer clear of. For the Husker fan, I find it hard to think a below .500 team will be the undoing of a pretty nice team.

I think this may be a pitfall for Nebraska, but if they can find a way to win, this could really be the sign that something special is going on.

Seems like a trap game for sure, but I'm still taking Nebraska. They've covered the spread too many times not to.

Keep Palmer and Watson as far away from Brad Davison as possible. That guy flops more than anyone in the country, and seems to exist for the sole purpose of getting opponents in foul trouble. And, he spends more time lobbying the officials than Tom Izzo and Roy Williams.

Reactions: Bill_Callahan2.0
Keep Palmer and Watson as far away from Brad Davison as possible. That guy flops more than anyone in the country, and seems to exist for the sole purpose of getting opponents in foul trouble. And, he spends more time lobbying the officials than Tom Izzo and Roy Williams.

That kid is ridiculous.

Wisconsin has been teaching flops for about 20 years. It’s maddening how many times the refs give them that call.

If there is one player who can help in this game, I think it’s Gill. He has been in a bit of a slump in my opinion (too lazy to look up shooting percentage or stats). It seems the past 7-10 days we’ve gotten very little offensively from Gill and he could be a crucial piece if he could throw in 2-3 three pointers tonight.

I'm pretty sure there was a football sarcastic intent with this post.
I expect this game to look like football. Wisconsin is going to hack and slap and try to make it an ugly low scoring game that they can try to steal at the end. The key is how we defend Happ. He's a slithery hooking elbowing traveling serpent who can score. We need to contain him and the rest should take care of itself. Officiating is going to be a huge factor in this game iMO>

I expect this game to look like football. Wisconsin is going to hack and slap and try to make it an ugly low scoring game that they can try to steal at the end. The key is how we defend Happ. He's a slithery hooking elbowing traveling serpent who can score. We need to contain him and the rest should take care of itself. Officiating is going to be a huge factor in this game iMO>
Happ shoots only 57% from the FT line. I would run as many big bodies at him as possible, be aggressive as Hell, and not worry if they foul him. Just keep the guys you want on the floor at the end of the game out of foul trouble.

Reactions: dinglefritz
This is going to be a tough one. We are the better team. Far better athletes. But, we are on the road and in the last leg of 4 games in one week. Going to have to win ugly again like @Rutgers.

Happ shoots only 57% from the FT line. I would run as many big bodies at him as possible, be aggressive as Hell, and not worry if they foul him. Just keep the guys you want on the floor at the end of the game out of foul trouble.
I am not sure Duby is healthy. He looked very stiff in warmups on Saturday. My guess is Nebraska manages to cover but loses on some fluke play toward the end. I hope not, because if they win the 2 games this week I will start to get more excited about their chances.

The key with Happ is to make sure that if you foul him he doesn't get the shot up because that snakey sucker has a way of getting shots to fall after the contact.

I am not sure Duby is healthy. He looked very stiff in warmups on Saturday. My guess is Nebraska manages to cover but loses on some fluke play toward the end. I hope not, because if they win the 2 games this week I will start to get more excited about their chances.
As long as Okeke's elbows are healthy, I would run him at Happ for 7-8 minutes tonight. Borchardt too, if it will keep the starters out of foul trouble.

As long as Okeke's elbows are healthy, I would run him at Happ for 7-8 minutes tonight. Borchardt too, if it will keep the starters out of foul trouble.
I hope Borchardt isn't defending Haap, even if the goal is to foul. I think he was in for a handful of minutes the last time these two played and I'm pretty sure he got owned by Haap. You need to have quick feet to have a chance of stopping Haap and I wouldn't call Borchardt fleet of feet.

The key with Happ is to make sure that if you foul him he doesn't get the shot up because that snakey sucker has a way of getting shots to fall after the contact.

Yep, he's got "old man's game"...he just knows how to score. It's like Magic Johnson in his last few years, very slow, but he shoots like a Globetrotter.

I hope Borchardt isn't defending Haap, even if the goal is to foul. I think he was in for a handful of minutes the last time these two played and I'm pretty sure he got owned by Haap. You need to have quick feet to have a chance of stopping Haap and I wouldn't call Borchardt fleet of feet.
I would give him a few minutes if it means keeping Roby and Copeland out of foul trouble. Wouldn't be necessary if Tshimanga stays out of foul trouble - but with his foul problems and Happ being a darling of the Big Ten officials, Jordy might have three fouls before the national anthem is finished.

Running bigs at Happ isn't all that easy because he is also a primary ball handler...so now you have a stiff like JT or that other stiff on him and he just drives right by them.

I like the +4 and I also like the unders

4 games in 7 days, followed by an 8-day break before the next game. F'ing half-wit B1G.

Why are we even playing again on Monday after playing 3 games since last Monday?

This tournament in Madison Square Garden has given this schedule terrible planning.

I’d take Huskers and over. Get Nebraska to 64 points and you can’t lose both with a chance of winning both.

Why are we even playing again on Monday after playing 3 games since last Monday?

This tournament in Madison Square Garden has given this schedule terrible planning.
And then no games at all for more than a week.

Really wondering how Jim Delany will feel about any other venue submitting a bid to host the Big Ten Tournament that includes the caveat:

P.S.: We're completely booked up for conference tournament week, but we'll be glad to squeeze you in the first weekend in March!

Like the Huskers to roll in this one...keep letting Palmer do his thing and take it right to Haap early and often.

Wisconsin has been teaching flops for about 20 years. It’s maddening how many times the refs give them that call.

If there is one player who can help in this game, I think it’s Gill. He has been in a bit of a slump in my opinion (too lazy to look up shooting percentage or stats). It seems the past 7-10 days we’ve gotten very little offensively from Gill and he could be a crucial piece if he could throw in 2-3 three pointers tonight.

Yet Wisconsin hooks the defender on offense
All the time.

I expect this game to look like football. Wisconsin is going to hack and slap and try to make it an ugly low scoring game that they can try to steal at the end.

I took the under at 130 and doubled up on that after your post confirmed my earlier thoughts.

The flop over/under line has moved up to 10.5....mr. valentine is on the court this evening.

And then no games at all for more than a week.

Really wondering how Jim Delany will feel about any other venue submitting a bid to host the Big Ten Tournament that includes the caveat:

P.S.: We're completely booked up for conference tournament week, but we'll be glad to squeeze you in the first weekend in March!
He really screwed his conference teams over with that deal.

Reactions: schuele
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT