ADVERTISEMENT

NDSU Sam Griesel

If Fred could get Scheierman to transfer in too, then I might get excited.

I also think he should offer Jacobsen from Ashland-Greenwood. Need to stop letting these talented players leave the state.
Guarantee Jacobsen is better than Tominaga right now, especially on the defensive/physicality spectrum. If he's really 6'4" I don't see why he wouldn't be worth an offer. Probably another guy we can watch enjoy success somewhere else.

Guarantee Jacobsen is better than Tominaga right now, especially on the defensive/physicality spectrum. If he's really 6'4" I don't see why he wouldn't be worth an offer. Probably another guy we can watch enjoy success somewhere else.

I agree, and it sounds like Ramel Lloyd will probably not be coming now that Coach Matt is out. Plus I'd be surprised if Tominaga and Edwards don't transfer, and I doubt either of the McGowens bros will be back. Might as well take a chance on a local kid who can shoot the ball.

Cool story bro.

None of those dudes matter for shit.

Only Hunter Sallis, and he comes off the bench for Gonzaga. Charley Easley was at NU for a year, but wasn't good enough to play. Teddy buckets was here just last year and we sucked because he shares the ball like a 2 year old.

If Fred could get Scheierman to transfer in too, then I might get excited.

I also think he should offer Jacobsen from Ashland-Greenwood. Need to stop letting these talented players leave the state.
We need to go all local guys like Barry Collier did

• Haha
Reactions: artguy68
Cool story bro.

None of those dudes matter for shit.

Only Hunter Sallis, and he comes off the bench for Gonzaga. Charley Easley was at NU for a year, but wasn't good enough to play. Teddy buckets was here just last year and we sucked because he shares the ball like a 2 year old.

Chucky Hepburn doesn't matter for shit? He's starting as a freshman for team that tied for 1st in the Big Ten. He was definitely a big loss. And Scheierman is a better player than anyone on our roster.

Interesting get for Fred. Griesel won’t wow anyone with athleticism but is a smart player, picks his drives well and uses his size to finish. A bigger PG who can shoot and pass as well.

He carries NDSU here in the second half of the Summit League Championship against South Dakota State. Charlie Easley shows out as well for the #1 three point shooting team in D-1. How the hell Fred couldn’t use him is beyond me…the step down in competition may have helped.

Yes, I look forward to the day when NU basketball is able to retain the best talent in the state, such as Sallis, Hepburn, or Traudt. However...
1. No state retains all of its talent
2. Just because a team is in the dance doesn't mean they are therefore better than Nebraska.
3. Charlie Easley is a prime example-- he is a Summit league player, not a Big 10 player. Tominaga would probably be solid playing for a Summit team.
4. Sometimes guys get much better between their high school and college years.

Reactions: nwualum
The majority of the in-state kids we don’t offer end up being closer to Charlie Easley than Bailey Scheierman.

There’s an argument to be made that the Daums, Scheiermans, and Grisesels of the state needed to go to a mid-major to develop into good players. It helps to be thrown into the fire and learn the college game hands-on right away. If they went to NU they’d be riding pine early and likely never develop.

That said, in the transfer portal era it’s probably best for Nebraska to use the Dakotas as development factories before they transfer back home.

Reactions: headcard
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT