ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Backup QB Now Available.....

Talented but not sure I would want a player who bails on team with a chance of winning a natty.

I don't blame him one bit. It's not his fault the timing of the transfer window sucks. He either leaves now and gets to be open to all opportunities or wait and be limited.

Also, he's the backup QB. The QB behind him is Arch Manning and the one in front of him is Quinn Ewers. If Ewers wasn't coming back, that'd be one thing, but most think he's coming back for another year. I don't think for a second that Arch isn't starting as soon as Ewers is gone.

I don't blame him one bit. It's not his fault the timing of the transfer window sucks. He either leaves now and gets to be open to all opportunities or wait and be limited.

Also, he's the backup QB. The QB behind him is Arch Manning and the one in front of him is Quinn Ewers. If Ewers wasn't coming back, that'd be one thing, but most think he's coming back for another year. I don't think for a second that Arch isn't starting as soon as Ewers is gone.
2 - 5 ⭐️ QBs and a 5.9 4 ⭐️ who would have thunk it was possible

• Haha
Reactions: HuskAir

This is the beauty of the Portal—kid just wants to play football in live games. Good for freakin’ him. Who wants to be a backup? Having said that……………it really is pretty out of control at this point and I wish somebody would come up with a solution to rein it in…got to be a better way.

Texas has its starter and heir apparent. Murph can hold a clipboard for three more years, and graduate with a degree from UT, or bail and play football. With that said, it is nuts to bail before the playoff games. Ewers could slip in the shower and he's starting the national championship game.

Murphy and Arch were pretty much co-number twos by the end of the year. All signs point to Ewers coming back (makes the most sense). Arch will be the sole #2 by spring practice, even if Murphy had stayed.

Like mentioned above, the timing of early signing period, transfer portal, and playoffs is terrible. If Murphy wants to find a good landing spot, he's got to explore his options now. From everything I've heard about him, his teammates love the guy and I'm sure they wish him the best going forward. They've got complete confidence in Arch being just as capable as Murphy at this point in the season.

I give him credit for staying around the program long enough to contribute, even through the Ewers transfer in and the signing of Arch last year. He had plenty of offers to go somewhere else after the Spring Game.

You pretty much nailed it. He can see the writing on the wall with Manning. He hates to do it right now but the timing of the portal window leaves him no choice. Malik is a class act and works his tail off and I wish him well wherever he goes.

Reactions: CameronKrazie86
You pretty much nailed it. He can see the writing on the wall with Manning. He hates to do it right now but the timing of the portal window leaves him no choice. Malik is a class act and works his tail off and I wish him well wherever he goes.

Still holding out hope that he somehow ends up at Duke. I need some positive Duke football news after Elko left in the middle of the night for those Aggie weirdos.

• Love
Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
I think Syracuse needs a QB after the show they put on in their bowl game against South Florida. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT