ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Baseball Tournament

NCAA, apperatly they thought Omaha was going to get rain during the evening hours...
So should they cancel the games today too? Stupid decision. Rain was expected in the evening all day long. Why did they wait to cancel? Rain is expected all day today. Are they going to cancel? (all rhetorical questions) NCAA once again shows their incompetence in all matters.

So should they cancel the games today too? Stupid decision. Rain was expected in the evening all day long. Why did they wait to cancel? Rain is expected all day today. Are they going to cancel? (all rhetorical questions) NCAA once again shows their incompetence in all matters.

ESPN also has a big say.

Also, a winners bracket game, if you start the game and it gets postponed until today, you waste a start of one of your best starters. Start fresh today. I don't mind the deal.

Reactions: OzzyLvr
ESPN also has a big say.

Also, a winners bracket game, if you start the game and it gets postponed until today, you waste a start of one of your best starters. Start fresh today. I don't mind the deal.
What if it rains today? Same thing could happen. The forecast for the evening never changed all day. Why make them even show up to the park if they were going to cancel? Stupid decision.

perhaps with enough griping the NCAA will be persuaded to move the CWS to a venue with a retractable roof.

Maybe those that seem bent out of shape about the inability to accurately predict the unpredictable should start a petition.

Last edited:
Reactions: baseball31ne
perhaps with enough griping the NCAA will be persuaded to move the CWS to a venue with a retractable roof

This has rarely happen here unless you’re talking about the 70’s and 80’s when they started the tournament earlier in June when they didn’t have 64 team tournament.

Reactions: jlb321
What if it rains today? Same thing could happen. The forecast for the evening never changed all day. Why make them even show up to the park if they were going to cancel? Stupid decision.

Going to rain but not an all day rain, they need to at least get the Arkansas and T-Tech game in...

They can play two tomorrow and eliminate 2 teams.

I'm talking about starting a game, believing it won't get completed. There is only a 20% chance of rain after 1pm. Even if they postpone the game until 1 there is plenty of time to get that game in plus the Oregon St/ UNC game at 6.

Faux Outrage

Reactions: jlb321
I'm talking about starting a game, believing it won't get completed. There is only a 20% chance of rain after 1pm. Even if they postpone the game until 1 there is plenty of time to get that game in plus the Oregon St/ UNC game at 6.

Faux Outrage
You obviously don't go to games because it's a huge hassle for fans and for the teams. You just sit back and try to cherry pick arguments with people on message boards. There was no rain until late last night and they cancelled. Do you think Ark/T Tech were happy about having to go to the stadium, warm up and then not play? Rain was forecasted all day. Why wait until 6:30 to cancel? What changed?

Signed - faux outrage

Reactions: huskerfan1414
This has rarely happen here unless you’re talking about the 70’s and 80’s when they started the tournament earlier in June when they didn’t have 64 team tournament.

Yes I agree. But people tend to lose their shit over the rare exceptions rather than the rule.

Would hate to see the CWS leave Omaha as it is really the only opportunity for those living in Big Ten country to see consistent high quality college baseball.

Reactions: scarletred
You obviously don't go to games because it's a huge hassle for fans and for the teams. You just sit back and try to cherry pick arguments with people on message boards. There was no rain until late last night and they cancelled. Do you think Ark/T Tech were happy about having to go to the stadium, warm up and then not play? Rain was forecasted all day. Why wait until 6:30 to cancel? What changed?

Signed - faux outrage

Listen to what Van Horn said. They would have rather waited a day than lose a starter. They waited until 6:30 to cancel based on the forecast for rain later in the evening. This isn't rocket science.

Those in charge would rather inconvenience you than compromise the integrity of the tournament. Sorry, by taking two starters out of the rotation after 2 or 3 innings, because of weather, they compromise the tournament.

Congrats to the Hogs and Coach Van Horn for reaching the final series. Wish he was still in Lincoln, but I'll pull for him just the same. One of the best coaches NU has ever had in any sport.
Agreed. Was and will pull for the hogs to win it all. Nate Thompson, third base coach I believe, found his way to a good program after his short stint here and getting let go when MA got canned.

Congrats to the Hogs and Coach Van Horn for reaching the final series. Wish he was still in Lincoln, but I'll pull for him just the same. One of the best coaches NU has ever had in any sport.

To hell with Van Horn. I will never pull for any coach that voluntarily left NU. I don't care what job he left for. I am rooting for Oregon State.

Reactions: Baxter48
To hell with Van Horn. I will never pull for any coach that voluntarily left NU. I don't care what job he left for. I am rooting for Oregon State.
Van Horne is a good coach and agooa person. Was I disappointed when he left for Arkansas? Absolutely! Do I understand why he did? Yes and no. I was hoping that NU would have been a good enough job that he would have stayed. However, I will never fault a coach for wanting to go back home or his/her alma mater.

Did not expect the wheels to fall off like they have.

Van Horne is a good coach and agooa person. Was I disappointed when he left for Arkansas? Absolutely! Do I understand why he did? Yes and no. I was hoping that NU would have been a good enough job that he would have stayed. However, I will never fault a coach for wanting to go back home or his/her alma mater.

Did not expect the wheels to fall off like they have.

I agree. I think the bigger issue was we should have went with Childress. Yes hindsight is 20/20, but I can tell you after going to the DVH baseball school for years, that Childress was an awesome guy and Andersen was a prick even at camps.

Reactions: huskerfan66
If Childress had been hired rather than Anderson it is my belief that Husker baseball would be still following the same track as it was under Van Horn! It was a hug mistake when Anderson was hired. One has to wonder if Byrne knew he was going to be leaving and decided Anderson over Childress at that time because of that !

Reactions: huskerfan1414
If Childress had been hired rather than Anderson it is my belief that Husker baseball would be still following the same track as it was under Van Horn! It was a hug mistake when Anderson was hired. One has to wonder if Byrne knew he was going to be leaving and decided Anderson over Childress at that time because of that !
I would hope not but you never know. I don't remember the timeline how it all unfolded but they wound up at the same place.

Absolutely he knew

Childress >> Anderson but the choice was made because Childress would have left too and Anderson was thought of as a lifer.

Anyway, if we are ever in need of a new baseball coach, I think mining the SEC would be a good place to start.

This has been a great series.

Oregon State wins 7 or 8 out of 10 times, and Pig Suouy (sp) or however you spell it was a bad right fielder catching a foul ball from winning it all.

This has been a great series.

Oregon State wins 7 or 8 out of 10 times, and Pig Suouy (sp) or however you spell it was a bad right fielder catching a foul ball from winning it all.

The right fielder wasn’t the only one fielding that foul ball..... That play might haunt Arkansas baseball for a very long time if they don’t come back in this one.

That was 2b play last night, he simply over ran it

Yea I thought he was going to make the play and didn’t realize no one called for the ball but looked like he had it under control...

Feel bad for Van Horn and Hog fans today for some odd reason reminded me of the 1984 Orange Bowl and 2009 Big12 CCG for us.

Reactions: grayhairedfreak

I would like to believe you're right, but I think once we moved to the B1G, we couldn't have kept Childress around long. Baseball just not a big priority to this conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT