ADVERTISEMENT

The Trick to Winning an NCAA Tournament Game is This

Hope you didn’t bet your kids college fund away 😬
Money means nothing to me. My kids are taken care of.

I didn’t even bet the Huskers yesterday because I’m so invested as a fan.

I’ve had enough of meek pussies who have never donated a cent to NU or NIL telling me “maybe next year”.

F*ck that. It’s time to win something meaningful. Now.

If cornball Rhule lays another egg this fall I hope against hope the real fans will make their voices heard. Loud and often.

And I hope the new AD has both balls and a backbone - two things we haven’t seen paired together in decades

As the game wore on I was flustrated by our to attack the basket. They were smothering us in man on the perimeter. I began to think “Less passing more shooting” perhaps that was a Hoiberg plan to slow TA&M down?

It looked like the plan was to pack in the paint and stay in front of their athletes. Let them shoot and miss 3s, then get the rebound. And that’s not necessarily a bad game plan against aTm, but you damn well better have a good plan if they’re hitting those 3s and you’re forced to extend your defense.

Once we extended our defense to stop the 3 ball, that spread us out and opened us up to the dribble drive. And their athletes could get the 1st step on any/all of our defenders, and unfortunately Mast and Allick are not elite rim protectors. Allick is better than Mast, but even so, we needed one or two more athletic bigs/wings to help out Mast and Allick. Our help defense was mostly late and ineffective, which is a credit to aTm, they were able to spread us out and take guys one on one. And we had no answer.

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
If Keisei makes NBA I'll eat my sock. He's too slow and a poor defensive player. That said, I'm glad we had him as his positives outweighed the negatives for the majority of our games and he was a big part to what I would say was (in my opinion) the most enjoyable season since Piatkowski days. Undefeated at home in conference was amazing.

His defense is TERRIBLE and he’s not big enough or athletic enough to get his shots against NBA defenses. He’s a really good college player, and if you put the right type of team around him I think he could’ve been even better, but he’s not an NBA caliber player.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Lawrence
Mast
Gary
Brice williams
Wilcher (hopefully)
Hoiberg

I think we only lose tominaga and Allick

We desperately need to ad at least 1 good/elite scorer, 2 would be better. Williams, Lawrence and Mast won’t be enough. And we need 1 or 2 more athletic bigs/wings. If we don’t address those issues I’m afraid this team will have trouble both scoring and defending and will regress back to the mean. Fred did a good job addressing some, but maybe not all of our needs this year. Hope can do that again…

I’ve had enough of meek pussies who have never donated a cent to NU or NIL telling me “maybe next year”.

If cornball Rhule lays another egg this fall I hope against hope the real fans will make their voices heard. Loud and often.

And I hope the new AD has both balls and a backbone - two things we haven’t seen paired together in decades
We haven't had that since Bill Byrne was AD. Hopefully the new AD is like Bill Byrne.

Reactions: king_kong_

You are so full of shit it is beyond parody

I wanted to be over the top excited but three things came to mind:
- the burden of never having won has to be heavy
- I’d seen them play twice and athleticism is the key
- Buzz is my favorite coach… he gets it done
THATS your favorite coach? We literally thought he was having a stroke while being interviewed before the half. It’s a miracle he can coach peewee with whatever syndrome that is. They’re athletic compared to us but they won’t win again this season.

Reactions: dinglefritz

Cornball Rhule?? This is what I don’t get. You seem to think everyone in charge at NU is a total fraud, so why in god’s name would you donate a single cent to such a dysfunctional group?? Wouldn’t that make you a total idiot? Do you still invest in Enron?

Reactions: scarletred
Cornball Rhule?? This is what I don’t get. You seem to think everyone in charge at NU is a total fraud, so why in god’s name would you donate a single cent to such a dysfunctional group?? Wouldn’t that make you a total idiot? Do you still invest in Enron?
do you think he's not corny?

God Made A Farmer?

I mean, come on.

this is not a comment on his program building ability, which is still to be seen at least here.

I'm doing what I can to help. maybe that makes me an idiot, but it's more than 99.5% of posters here are doing and it's more than 100% of what the "maybe next year", "be patient" crowd are doing.

do you think he's not corny?

God Made A Farmer?

I mean, come on.

this is not a comment on his program building ability, which is still to be seen at least here.

I'm doing what I can to help. maybe that makes me an idiot, but it's more than 99.5% of posters here are doing and it's more than 100% of what the "maybe next year", "be patient" crowd are doing.
Relative to any other football coach? No he’s not any cornier than anyone else. The constant hurling of insults and character attacks is really juvenile though. It is a fact that juvenile people resort to that stuff.

Relative to any other football coach? No he’s not any cornier than anyone else. The constant hurling of insults and character attacks is really juvenile though
It’s not an insult (project much?)

It’s a simple personality description.

Saying Rhule is corny isn’t a pejorative or a bad thing, it’s just the truth

It works very well for him given his charisma

Also, these two posts occurred mere minutes apart:

Exhibit #10,000+ of the biggest hypocrite on the board and it’s not even close.
The constant hurling of insults and character attacks is really juvenile though. It is a fact that juvenile people resort to that stuff.

🤣🤣🤣

I honestly can’t believe this website is free

If Keisei makes NBA I'll eat my sock. He's too slow and a poor defensive player. That said, I'm glad we had him as his positives outweighed the negatives for the majority of our games and he was a big part to what I would say was (in my opinion) the most enjoyable season since Piatkowski days. Undefeated at home in conference was amazing.
Keisei doesn't have the physical tools to play in the NBA. Not even close.

Reactions: scarletred
It’s not an insult (project much?)

It’s a simple personality description.

Saying Rhule is corny isn’t a pejorative or a bad thing, it’s just the truth

It works very well for him given his charisma
Ok so now we’re jumping away from reality via a diving board.. why don’t you test that today, walk up to any random person on the street and tell them they’re corny. Then explain to them that’s not an insult…Jesus.

I’ve met other people as desperate as you to win any stupid little argument. They also come off as major hypocrites. They use whatever they think they have to even when it directly contradicts something they JUST said.

Ok so now we’re jumping away from reality via a diving board.. why don’t you test that today, walk up to any random person on the street and tell them they’re corny. Then explain to them that’s not an insult…Jesus.

I’ve met other people as desperate as you to win any stupid little argument. They also come off as major hypocrites. They use whatever they think they have to even when it directly contradicts something they JUST said.
Well, that just wouldn’t make much sense, now would it?

I’d have to get to know them a little to use it like I have here

Obviously

Well, that just wouldn’t make much sense, now would it?

I’d have to get to know them a little to use it like I have here

Obviously
It would be the same exact effect, as Matt Rhule does not know you, just like a person on the street wouldn’t. Obviously. Pick someone who you think looks corny, then tell them exactly that.

It would be the same exact effect, as Matt Rhule does not know you, just like a person on the street wouldn’t. Obviously. Pick someone who you think looks corny, then tell them exactly that.
Okay, sweetheart. If that’s what you think.

Mr Adult seems to have trouble reading

I said “someplace better”

Sure some of these stiffs could go down a level and play. But none could go to another P5 and get more minutes than here. Literally not one.

Earnest Hausman(sp?) transfered to a better situation/program. But that’s the only one off the top of my head. But we definitely have a few players that most programs would gladly accept as a transfer. I don’t think we have anyone Bama, Georgia, Michigan or Ohio st would pursue. But we have a handful of players that most programs would be interested in.

Maybe score more points than your opponent
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT