ADVERTISEMENT

deleted by author

Which of these coaches would you want as the next head coach at Nebraska?

• Chris Klieman

• Lance Leipold

• Gus Malzahn

• Hugh Freeze

• Jeff Hafley

• Matt Campbell

• Jeff Monken

• Billy Napier

• Jamey Chadwell

• Dave Doeren

Results are only viewable after voting.
Jeff Monkin - HC Army (great OL fundamentals and rushing)

Ken Niumatalolo - HC Navy (almost left last season or the year before...don't remember when that was)

Matt Campbell--HC Iowa State (Big 12 may not be a P5 conference anymore, hurting chances to win a national title)

Luke Fickell--HC Cincinnati (could be interested???)

Jeff Hafley--HC Boston College (always has his team play good fundamentals and runs the ball )

Sean Lewis--HC Kent State (young name that will become popular)

Brian Johnson--OC Florida

Gus Malzahn--HC UCF (run focused)

Jamey Chadwell--HC Coastal Carolina (run focused)

Billy Napier--Louisiana HC

Other names?
The lesson from Frost's failure is that a successful young coach in a lesser conference won't necessarily succeed in the B1G.

Frost has this screwed up West Coast mentality that you can play fast and loose and still win. All gas no brakes, no fear of failing. He's more about style than substance. He doesn't pay attention to the details or demand high standards from anyone. It is his undoing. Where did he go wrong? This was never TOs way.

Frost has this screwed up West Coast mentality that you can play fast and loose and still win. All gas no brakes, no fear of failing. He's more about style than substance. He doesn't pay attention to the details or demand high standards from anyone. It is his undoing. Where did he go wrong? This was never TOs way.
As I said in other threads I don't think it is either the scheme or the talent. He's just unable to develop and motivate the players to play consistently. They keep losing because they commit stupid mistakes.

I'd call PJ Fleck and ask him how much money would it take for him to be the head coach at Nebraska. I know people may think that is stupid, but he is a Big Ten minded guy and is a hell of a lot better than Frost is as a head coach. Believes in the running game and can develop WR's.

His row the boat mantra may be annoying, but winning is winning.

Lance Leipold - HC Kansas. Won at some D3 school for national titles and won at Buffalo. If he has Kansas playing better immediatly after a few months on that job he would be my number 1 choice. Was an assistant coach at Nebraska for a couple of years under Solich.

Hugh Freeze - HC Liberty. Won at Ole Miss and winning at Liberty.

Jeff Monken - HC Army (great OL fundamentals and rushing)

Ken Niumatalolo - HC Navy (almost left last season or the year before...don't remember when that was)

Matt Campbell--HC Iowa State (Big 12 may not be a P5 conference anymore, hurting chances to win a national title)

Jeff Hafley--HC Boston College (always has his team play good fundamentals and runs the ball )

Other names?
Anybody stupid enough to take the Kansas job I dont want.

can't
I'd call PJ Fleck and ask him how much money would it take for him to be the head coach at Nebraska. I know people may think that is stupid, but he is a Big Ten minded guy and is a hell of a lot better than Frost is as a head coach. Believes in the running game and can develop WR's.

For me it’s Jeff Monken.

I don’t want to hear the reasons ‘why not’. I know all of them and I don’t care. We have tried to play cute flashy football with Callahan, Riley, and Frost and it isn’t working here.

I would be absolutely giddy every week running the power run game/triple option offense under Monken. Time of possession, ball security, good special teams and tough defense.

However, I don’t think he’d ever leave Army, for anyone.

So, after him, I like the Coastal Carolina coach.

Do not want Freeze. Navy coach isnt that good.

His row the boat mantra may be annoying, but winning

No never

The Coastal Carolina head coach would be a smart hire. For anyone that may not remember, and I had to do this, go back and watch some highlights from last season to see what offense he runs and there are a lot of option concepts in his offense and it's clear identity.

that could do very well at Nebraska. And we have the body types of offense to run that offense too.

He would need to change the QB room is basically it.

Chinander.

Let's be honest. What's he started with and what he's able to put on the field now are vastly different products. I have a feeling he's going to be a pretty good head coach before it's all said and done.
Chinander and Frost are best friends. I seriously doubt if (when) Frost gets whacked that his best friend would take the job.

He is 13-12 the last three years in B1G games, tied with Tom Allen.

I added Gus Malzahn. Won a conference title in two different conferences and coached for a national championship ( a real one, not fake UCF stuff).

Yes, I know Frost beat him, but you we know now that was due to Milton.

Gus would bring option concepts back to Nebraska. I don't see why he would want to stay at UCF vs going back to the P5 level.

Nebraska needs a guy who has coached in the B1G and can recruit in B1G territory. Bielema would absolutely kill it in Lincoln. Watch Illinois over the next couple of years...
Ehh...they will be a bowl team one season and a 5 win team the next.

NU needs a recruiter, period.

The assistant coaches need to be recruiters and good coaches. that is it.

Reactions: steelclaw

Gus Malzahn - former Auburn HC. At UCF.

Lance Leipold - HC Kansas. Won at some D3 school for national titles and won at Buffalo. If he has Kansas playing better immediatly after a few months on that job he would be my number 1 choice. Was an assistant coach at Nebraska for a couple of years under Solich.

Hugh Freeze - HC Liberty. Won at Ole Miss and winning at Liberty.

Jeff Monken - HC Army (great OL fundamentals and rushing)

Other names?
Jamey Chadwell is my vote. Not that it matters...

Gus coached in the SEC West for 8 seasons and never had a losing season. 6 out of those 8 years he had winning conference records.

My only concern about Gus is that he never coached outside of the south.

I"m starting to lean towards PJ Fleck after the Coastal Carolina guy (My top choice). Big Ten guy. KNows what it is like weather wise to coach in the Big Ten, runs the ball, has beaten Wisconsin (and frost lol), and some program out there is going to hire him.

Fleck may not have a 22-5 type of Big Ten record, but give him better talent, and Nebraska has that compared to MN's roster, he would win a much higher level at Nebraska. He would be able to land better talent in the recruiting trail as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT