Votes: 19 36.5%
  • I love women's basketball

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I love Iowa

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I watched only because she is such a great player

Votes: 27 51.9%

• Total voters
That is my point, the HS an college girls game looks pretty much the same because for the most part the players look exactly the same. There is no change in the game from HS to college in the girls game.

While the boys game looks totally different.
I am going to try my best here and explain this to the HS girl basketball coaches so they "may" understand what you are getting at.

In boys HS basketball there are 75% or more that play under the rim. These players are talented enough to play at the high school varsity level because they only have a handful of players that play ABOVE the rim. Not all college men's basketball players play above the rim, but these players that reach college are the best of the best at ball handling, vision, defense (quick hands), passing etc...

With all of that said a regular (Not All Star) High School team won't be able to compete with an extremely athletic College basketball team do solely on not physically being able to do so.

With the women's game it is quite a bit different. While I think an All Star High School boys team could compete against a College basketball team. I think an All Star High School women's team could beat a Hofstra or Ball State college level team. The reason for this is their athleticism does not grow like a men's player. You aren't getting a bunch of women players that are superior athletically to their high school counter parts. Britt Prince is a perfect example. She was kicking Varsity basketball ass in 8th grade, because her skill level was comparable. She didn't need to be able to jump 40" to block shots.

You telling me a Sophomore Britt Prince couldn't compete at the college level? Remember she doesn't need to worry about facing a Zion Williamson who is who is 6'6 280 pounds with a 45 inch vertical.

That is my point, the HS an college girls game looks pretty much the same because for the most part the players look exactly the same. There is no change in the game from HS to college in the girls game.

While the boys game looks totally different.
2 different discussions.

The players at college A can look exactly like the players at college B but the athletic ability, skill level and strength level can be no where near the same.

If you honestly think the game last night was the exact same game as the state high school championship I am not sure you are actually watching the game, you are just looking at body types. But even then the 5’3” high school guard looks nothing like the 6’ 1” guard at the college game. Most 6’ high school girls are playing in the post and not out on the perimeter running the show.

I am going to try my best here and explain this to the HS girl basketball coaches so they "may" understand what you are getting at.

In boys HS basketball there are 75% or more that play under the rim. These players are talented enough to play at the high school varsity level because they only have a handful of players that play ABOVE the rim. Not all college men's basketball players play above the rim, but these players that reach college are the best of the best at ball handling, vision, defense (quick hands), passing etc...

With all of that said a regular (Not All Star) High School team won't be able to compete with an extremely athletic College basketball team do solely on not physically being able to do so.

With the women's game it is quite a bit different. While I think an All Star High School boys team could compete against a College basketball team. I think an All Star High School women's team could beat a Hofstra or Ball State college level team. The reason for this is their athleticism does not grow like a men's player. You aren't getting a bunch of women players that are superior athletically to their high school counter parts. Britt Prince is a perfect example. She was kicking Varsity basketball ass in 8th grade, because her skill level was comparable. She didn't need to be able to jump 40" to block shots.

You telling me a Sophomore Britt Prince couldn't compete at the college level? Remember she doesn't need to worry about facing a Zion Williamson who is who is 6'6 280 pounds with a 45 inch vertical.
Super good point(s)

I 100% understand that views of trying to "protect" WCBB, but to think that the college game and HS game doesn't look very similar is really odd to me. You don't need to worry about someone dunking on you, jumping over you, you don't. need to worry all that much about great length or height.

Look at college VB, totally different game from HS VB, for the most part. Longer taller players and they crush the ball compared to HS games.

As progressive as a tend to be I was really looking forward to watching the game and I was off by an hour on start time and I found the golf yesterday held much more of my attention.

Post​

See new posts

Conversation​

Square profile picture

OutKick

@Outkick

The Iowa/South Carolina national title game averaged 18.7 million viewers and peaked with 24 million viewers.It beat every single NBA Finals game played from 2018-2023.

If you lined up a good girls HS team next to a good girls college team, they would look very similar. They would play very similar, probably with the exception of dribbling, but it would still be pushed set shots on 3 pointes, it would still be no shooting off the bounce or very little catch and shoot, and playing below the rim.

If you lined up a good boys HS team next to a good boys college team, it would be night and day in pretty much all aspects.

That is all I was trying to say. Not that some HS girls team would beat USC, they would not, but the game would look very much the same. I don't know why we have posters that can't admit that.
There is no one Girls HS team in America that looks like South Carolina Women . You are not smart on the his subject.

18.7mil watched the championship. Sets a record.
So you actually understand that’s because of more women watching compared to the men’s game tonight is the main reason why there was that many..

You won’t give a shit but let’s see how many watch next years women’s national title game.

d77e414c89d2a74fc9f585b79cfb9eae.gif

So you actually understand that’s because of more women watching compared to the men’s game tonight is the main reason why there was that many..

You won’t give a shit but let’s see how many watch next years women’s national title game.
The only reason the Iowa Hawkeye fan base increased the attendance of their WBB is because they were butt hurt the Huskers could sell out Memorial Stadium for a WVB Game against a Summit league team. They couldn't replicate it with the most media darling of a women's basketball player that may ever exist. Let's be real here, Nebraska Volleyball is the real hero to Women's athletics, not Caitlin Clark

I didn't watch the game.. they had it run on both ABC and ESPN @3pm EST??? Meanwhile the men's championship game was only on TBS.. @ 9:20 EST... I just don't get it

Reactions: Huskers123456
The only reason the Iowa Hawkeye fan base increased the attendance of their WBB is because they were butt hurt the Huskers could sell out Memorial Stadium for a WVB Game against a Summit league team. They couldn't replicate it with the most media darling of a women's basketball player that may ever exist. Let's be real here, Nebraska Volleyball is the real hero to Women's athletics, not Caitlin Clark
Interesting angle. 100% wrong, but interesting.

Clark was a generational player well before your silly little outdoor volleyball game.

I didn't watch the game.. they had it run on both ABC and ESPN @3pm EST??? Meanwhile the men's championship game was only on TBS.. @ 9:20 EST... I just don't get it
ABC and ESPN are both owned by Disney . They do the same for the CFB playoff games and NC.

Why they keep setting up start times for fans that do not exist on the west coast is beyond me.

They should let the teams rest for a week and play the Championship game the following Saturday with a 7:20pm Central time tipoff.

Reactions: Huskers123456
And the woman’s game is on a Sunday the men on Monday.

Interesting angle. 100% wrong, but interesting.

Clark was a generational player well before your silly little outdoor volleyball game.
Okay, but really in the end who cares?

If you are a dude and you are making girls sports "must see TV" you are a dork. If you put it on because nothing else is on, great. If you put it on because it is a reason to drink and grill, great. If you put it on for comedy purposes. great.

But if you are like "Dudes, what are you doing for the "big game" this weekend" and you are talking about a girls basketball game, well, that is lame.

Why they keep setting up start times for fans that do not exist on the west coast is beyond me.

They should let the teams rest for a week and play the Championship game the following Saturday with a 7:20pm Central time tipoff.
Or go Wednesday-Saturday on the two weeks of March madness instead of Thursday-Sunday. Then have the final 4 Thursday and Saturday

Or go Wednesday-Saturday on the two weeks of March madness instead of Thursday-Sunday. Then have the final 4 Thursday and Saturday
Yeah, that works too!

I have said this about the Super Bowl too...just move it to Saturday. Start it on a Saturday at 7pm Central time...maybe 6:30...it is already huge but it would be even bigger.

Reactions: Husker4real
Yeah, that works too!

I have said this about the Super Bowl too...just move it to Saturday. Start it on a Saturday at 7pm Central time...maybe 6:30...it is already huge but it would be even bigger.
Plus the Super Bowl already has a week off. I guarantee the sports bar business would be better. Most people aren’t sticking around on Sunday after the game ( Work the next day) Saturday they absolutely would.

• Love
Reactions: BTF69
Volleyball goes Thursday-Saturday..

I have more of issue why they can’t tip off at 7:30 sharp..
Is it because of the state of California?

I'm fine with playing the title game on Monday night, but the start time is ridiculous. I'm in the Mountain time zone and could barely stay awake until the end. I watched a full hour of the Rockies-Dbacks game waiting for the pregame talkathon to end.

I'm fine with playing the title game on Monday night, but the start time is ridiculous. I'm in the Mountain time zone and could barely stay awake until the end. I watched a full hour of the Rockies-Dbacks game waiting for the pregame talkathon to end.
What time would you suggest? The game time on Monday will make someone not happy no matter what. That is the issue and why they need to move it off Monday night.My suggestion earlier in this thread is the easiest. Wednesday-Saturday first two weeks then a Thursday-Saturday final four.

They start the CFB playoffs NC game also on a Monday at 7:45 eastern. That’s 4:45 on the west coast.do people complain about this like they do basketball? I honestly don’t know.

They start the CFB playoffs NC game also on a Monday at 7:45 eastern. That’s 4:45 on the west coast.do people complain about this like they do basketball? I honestly don’t know.
Yes but last night's game didn't finally tip off until about 7:15 Mountain time. That's 6:15 on the West Coast. I don't think a big fuss would be raised if it started an hour earlier.

Moving it off Monday would be fine with me, but it's harder to squeeze two games into a weeknight than one.

As for the football playoffs, I wish the semi-finals would be on consecutive nights instead of on one night. College FB games are so interminably long now that spending nine hours in front of the TV is grueling. There's enough of a break between the semifinals and the title game that I don't think an extra day with give one team a big advantage.

I bet that South Carolina could play the top 10 HS girls teams in the country and win by an average of 30points or more. No way that team looks or plays like a HS team. I would also bet a top ten boys team would beat them by a similar margin. Regardless they, and Iowa were playing impressive girls basketball and the style was fairly entertaining to watch. It won't turn me into a WNBA junkie though. Iowa would not have been out of the first weekend without Clark.

The women's college championship out drew the mens. 18mm vs 15mm. Women's vball championship game was 1.7mm. But tell me again that CC isn't a draw!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT