Votes: 19 36.5%
  • I love women's basketball

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I love Iowa

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • I watched only because she is such a great player

Votes: 27 51.9%

• Total voters
What time would you suggest? The game time on Monday will make someone not happy no matter what. That is the issue and why they need to move it off Monday night.My suggestion earlier in this thread is the easiest. Wednesday-Saturday first two weeks then a Thursday-Saturday final four.
50% of the population lives in the eastern time zone. 29% in the central time zone. At least start it at 7:00.

The women's college championship out drew the mens. 18mm vs 15mm. Women's vball championship game was 1.7mm. But tell me again that CC isn't a draw!

Well we know where Hawkins63 will be the next few months, at Caitlyn Clark’s WNBA games. He won’t be hard to find.

family-guy.gif

Also, he will be covertly attending Klan rallies when his daughter-in-law isn’t around.

Well we know where Hawkins63 will be the next few months, at Caitlyn Clark’s WNBA games. He won’t be hard to find.

family-guy.gif

Also, he will be covertly attending Klan rallies when his daughter-in-law isn’t around.
I do give the media credit they did an amazing job promoting her and the sport, there is no doubt about that.

But, come time to play in the WNBA and it is just going to be the same lame results.

It's already been mentioned but, more viewers watched the women's final than the men's.

That's actually very impressive and I'm happy to see that. Even though I didn't watch it, I don't get the hostility. Especially since a lot of the boomers on here have daughters and granddaughters, many of whom probably compete in high school or college sports. This is great for them to have women athletes to look up to.

I would also think people here would be happy to see this because NU has been a major trendsetter in women's sports collegiately, and now everyone else around the country is scrambling to copy what Nebraska did. None have come close.

In many ways, you can thank NU for drawing much more attention to women's college sports nationally. And that's a great thing.

It's already been mentioned but, more viewers watched the women's final than the men's.

That's actually very impressive and I'm happy to see that. Even though I didn't watch it, I don't get the hostility. Especially since a lot of the boomers on here have daughters and granddaughters, many of whom probably compete in high school or college sports. This is great for them to have women athletes to look up to.

I would also think people here would be happy to see this because NU has been a major trendsetter in women's sports collegiately, and now everyone else around the country is scrambling to copy what Nebraska did. None have come close.

In many ways, you can thank NU for drawing much more attention to women's college sports nationally. And that's a great thing.
No hostility from me. I just don't get why they put the men's game on TBS at 8:20 on a Monday night and the women's on Sunday afternoon. My kids didn't get to watch any of the championship game. Just doesn't make sense.

No hostility from me. I just don't get why they put the men's game on TBS at 8:20 on a Monday night and the women's on Sunday afternoon. My kids didn't get to watch any of the championship game. Just doesn't make sense.
Yeah 9:20 is late. I watched it only because I was on a flight out west

Reactions: Land Shark7

I heard plenty of people complaining that the women’s game was on at 2:00 on a weekend afternoon as compared to prime time on a Monday night for the men.

The men’s game is always on at prime time on Monday night…nothing new.

Last edited:
I heard plenty of people complaining that the women’s game was on at 2:00 on a weekend afternoon as compared to prime time on a Monday night for the men.

Were these complaints coming from women? If so, it sounds like a logical perspective and I mean that with all the sarcasm you could imagine.

I'm sure there is some magic formula these tv companies use but just looking at the ratings this year should be enough for them to re-evaluate their process. They are clearly lowering rating with the current men's setup. By alot.

I'm sure there is some magic formula these tv companies use but just looking at the ratings this year should be enough for them to re-evaluate their process. They are clearly lowering rating with the current men's setup. By alot.
My guess is that HBO Max, or Max, or whatever the Hell it's called now, wasn't willing to pony up much money for streaming rights unless the entire Final Four was taken off over-the-air TV. That's a sorry excuse for pulling the title game off CBS, but it's probably one of the main reasons.

there's an upswing in wbb ratings and mbb is flat-lining or the opposite direction. a lot of background chatter about why this is happening; just a one-off circumstance surrounding caitlin or something larger? many fans are growing weary of the transfer portal and pay-to-play, which for some reason is far more obvious with mbb than football. we'll have to see how ratings go post-cailin to draw any meaningful conclusions.

there's an upswing in wbb ratings and mbb is flat-lining or the opposite direction. a lot of background chatter about why this is happening; just a one-off circumstance surrounding caitlin or something larger? many fans are growing weary of the transfer portal and pay-to-play, which for some reason is far more obvious with mbb than football. we'll have to see how ratings go post-cailin to draw any meaningful conclusions.
They will go down. No doubt in my mind. You have to remember they hyped the scoring record pretty good. she also is a great player and it will be a while until another one comes along.but the Men’s Tournament is also on Tuner Network channels and every cable and streaming situation does get them.

They will go down. No doubt in my mind. You have to remember they hyped the scoring record pretty good. she also is a great player and it will be a while until another one comes along.but the Men’s Tournament is also on Tuner Network channels and every cable and streaming situation does get them.
i really don't know. my guess is the same, that wbb ratings will decline just because caitlin was such a media sensation. but there are other highly skilled women like usc's juju, uconn's bueckers and more locally k-state's lee and iowa state's crooks. for me, an old, the women's game is far more appealing. less bump and grind. more up-tempo. better shooting. less coach'centric (is that a word?). it will be interesting to watch what comes of this next season.

Funny how the transfer portal becomes a way bigger evil when it delivers Arthur Kaluma instead of Keyontae Johnson and Markquis Nowell.

Funny how the transfer portal becomes a way bigger evil when it delivers Arthur Kaluma instead of Keyontae Johnson and Markquis Nowell.
i actually gave up my season tickets last year while attending several wbb games at
k-state. so your attempted point is not valid for me.

the issue with this year's wildcat team was not kaluma but the loss of na'quan tomlin due to his nefariousness and ques glover to injury. kaluma was actually a nice addition.

i actually gave up my season tickets last year while attending several wbb games at

the issue with this year's wildcat team was not kaluma but the loss of na'quan tomlin due to his nefariousness and ques glover to injury. kaluma was actually a nice addition.
This seems like a great convo for The Cat Cave! I’m genuinely curious why you don’t post over there?

Reactions: Huskers123456

Did you do a lot of sanctimonious weeping about the transfer portal last year, when K-State had a successful season? If so, you must have graced some other lucky message board with those pearls of wisdom, because I don't recall seeing them here.

i didn't bring it up. read above and chastise accordingly.
I know you didn’t bring it up and I’m not chastising. I’m genuinely curious why don’t post on the cat board? You did many moons ago and it looks like it’s an active board.

Obviously Husker fans are way cooler, which is probably one of the reasons. I could see posting on both boards even, but to not post on your fan board at all and only post here, spill the beans😁

I know you didn’t bring it up and I’m not chastising. I’m genuinely curious why don’t post on the cat board? You did many moons ago and it looks like it’s an active board.

Obviously Husker fans are way cooler, which is probably one of the reasons. I could see posting on both boards even, but to not post on your fan board at all and only post here, spill the beans😁
i'm not sure which "cat board" you're referencing? i post here, on mizzou's tigerboard, and k-statefans, seldom elsewhere.

Did you do a lot of sanctimonious weeping about the transfer portal last year, when K-State had a successful season? If so, you must have graced some other lucky message board with those pearls of wisdom, because I don't recall seeing them here.
i've never been a fan of a wide-open transfer portal. that's quite different than favoring my team because they are successful within it. both views can be compatible/true. i do favor nil albeit without guardrails it's not what i had envisioned, nope.

For the most part, women's basketball is very hard to watch. There will be stretches where it looks like basketball but for the most part, the athleticism isn't there, the strength/physicality to play through contact isn't there and probably the combination of those two things ends up making it look sloppy, uninspiring, kind of pathetic... Nearly the whole purpose of sport is to showcase athleticism, strength and skill... some WBB players are skilled but the other aspects.. not really.

Reactions: Huskers123456
For the most part, women's basketball is very hard to watch. There will be stretches where it looks like basketball but for the most part, the athleticism isn't there, the strength/physicality to play through contact isn't there and probably the combination of those two things ends up making it look sloppy, uninspiring, kind of pathetic... Nearly the whole purpose of sport is to showcase athleticism, strength and skill... some WBB players are skilled but the other aspects.. not really.
jesus, mary, and joseph, what? the whole purpose of the sport is score more points than your opponent. maybe the women outscore men with eyeballs because they do it with grace, motion, pace, and shooting rather than bump, grind, push, shove, and dunks.

jesus, mary, and joseph, what? the whole purpose of the sport is score more points than your opponent. maybe the women outscore men with eyeballs because they do it with grace, motion, pace, and shooting rather than bump, grind, push, shove, and dunks.
Are you saying WBB is more skillful and entertaining than MBB?

The women's game will never be the same as the men. It is important to note that the women have not been playing basketball nearly as long as the men. Iowa and Tennessee played 6 on 6 in high school for years but when I went to high school (a million years ago) there were zero sports for girls. I coached girls in volleyball and basketball for years and have noticed a dramatic increase in skill over the years. Maybe that is why I appreciate the women's game more than many posters on here. One should not compare the women's teams with the men's. Even volleyball where the women are fantastic, they would be destroyed by a men's team in college or an Olympic team. I get it if some of you can't stand to watch women's sports, but some of us do enjoy it and appreciate the skills they do bring. Really, we are fortunate in Nebraska to have quality women teams in all the sports at Nebraska and Creighton.

Grace, motion, pace... are we watching sports or ballet? Typically the more athletic a sport/team is the more exciting it is... and also the more likely they are to win. Most people/fans like watching stuff that they themselves physically and inherently can not do.

The women's game will never be the same as the men. It is important to note that the women have not been playing basketball nearly as long as the men. Iowa and Tennessee played 6 on 6 in high school for years but when I went to high school (a million years ago) there were zero sports for girls. I coached girls in volleyball and basketball for years and have noticed a dramatic increase in skill over the years. Maybe that is why I appreciate the women's game more than many posters on here. One should not compare the women's teams with the men's. Even volleyball where the women are fantastic, they would be destroyed by a men's team in college or an Olympic team. I get it if some of you can't stand to watch women's sports, but some of us do enjoy it and appreciate the skills they do bring. Really, we are fortunate in Nebraska to have quality women teams in all the sports at Nebraska and Creighton.
This is all true. I think I can watch women's volleyball because there really isn't men's volleyball at the college level to compete with it or compare it to. Also, generally, the women that play volleyball also seem to be significantly more athletic and powerful than women basketball players which overall makes it easier to watch for me.

How do you reconcile this position while supporting trans athletes in women's sports?

I would love to see the members of this board take on Clark or pretty much any of the ladies today one on one
Would we be playing with a regulation basketball or the smaller women's basketball? Clark would probably be missing a lot of those three-pointers using the men's ball.

Why do they not lower the rim to 9 feet for the girls game. How has that not been done already?

The two coolest things in BB are 3's and dunks. Wny not give them a chance to do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT