ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Farmer and Other Fall Camp Departures

Lots to speculate and until we know different, let’s hope he’s still here.

I just hope Rhule & Co aren’t making the same mistake Frosf & Co made about the B1G. This is not the big 12. Speed is not an end all be all. Plenty of teams win in the B1G without super speed. Purdue won the west last season without much speed. You have to have high IQ football players in this league. Games are won on small margins. Weather conditions play big factors. Smart coaches play big factors.

We need to keep players like Farmer. Maybe not the fastest, but when your not playing the fastest, it becomes less of a factor. The kids that understand the game but aren’t as fast seem to do better in the B1G then the kids who are just fast and don’t understand the game at a top notch level

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m afraid Rhule doesn’t understand the B1G. And I know, I know he played at PSU 20+ years ago. But he hasn’t coached in the league (outside of 25 years ago as a GA). It’s not track on a football field like it was in Baylor
I think a major difference will HOPEFULLY be some of these elite speed guys actually staying here. Frost & Co brought in these elite track speed guys that would turn around a leave at first mention of redshirting.

I think a major difference will HOPEFULLY be some of these elite speed guys actually staying here. Frost & Co brought in these elite track speed guys that would turn around a leave at first mention of redshirting.
Case in point. Offering fast kids from Florida and other out of state places but not offering Jalen Lloyd from Omaha. Makes no sense.

Not that I remember. I seem to remember him being a Minneapolis recruit who PJ didn't recruit very hard. Supposed to be a straight blocker with poor hands.
From as far back as Riley, I don't think any of those kids from Minnesota (or Iowa and Colorado for that matter), that Frost or Riley took but wasn't wanted by their in-state school ever made it at Nebraska.

Surprised by the Fleeks situation. He was a Baylor guy so Rhule should know what he was getting with him.
I was surprised they took Fleeks to begin with. A sixth year player who technically redshirted in his fifth year because he quit in the middle of the season (correct me if I'm wrong).

From as far back as Riley, I don't think any of those kids from Minnesota (or Iowa and Colorado for that matter), that Frost or Riley took but wasn't wanted by their in-state school ever made it at Nebraska.
Probably goes back to the lazy recruiting formula where other coaches took the time to actually scout them and Frost needed to fill spots.

Reactions: Dean Pope
Fk you , pal you are a total POS .
Watch Out Badass GIF

• Haha
Reactions: SomedayHusker
If you have a bad team, do you want to get rid of the 2nd most productive guy?

I dunno, but I get the issue at hand.. kid wants to play and get his shot.. We assume that Rhule and company are making decisions based on speed in this instance. We don't actually know the details.

As for how to win the B1G.. Speed vs Power thing.. I like speed on defense a lot more than offense.

On offense, I have never been a fan of small (supposedly fast) little running backs. I prefer an offense that can be a battering ram with a sprinkle of finesse.
I get what you’re saying and I’ve got no hard feelings for anybody who stuck it out with the awful regime prior. But I want the best guys available

Reactions: NikkiSixx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT