ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Farmer and Other Fall Camp Departures

This would suck, he was second on the team in tackles with a career-high 73 tackles in 22..

Reactions: Yantzeee
He was a good in the box guy and terrible outside. Basically a small not very fast LB but has good instincts.

Doesn't like to be physical. Too bad, because he's gotten picks before and could've proven to be a ball hawk. Oh well, lots of talent in that room!

Reactions: drubendall
This would suck, he was second on the team in tackles with a career-high 73 tackles in 22..

He was solid after the switch in DC last year. He’s not fast, but does have good ball skills. But he wasn’t out there with 1’s in the spring game and I would get why he wants to go somewhere he is sure he’ll start his last year. I’ll be interested to see where he lands, if he is gone.

Reactions: scarletred
He was solid after the switch in DC last year. He’s not fast, but does have good ball skills. But he wasn’t out there with 1’s in the spring game and I would get why he wants to go somewhere he is sure he’ll start his last year. I’ll be interested to see where he lands, if he is gone.
Lots to speculate and until we know different, let’s hope he’s still here.

I just hope Rhule & Co aren’t making the same mistake Frosf & Co made about the B1G. This is not the big 12. Speed is not an end all be all. Plenty of teams win in the B1G without super speed. Purdue won the west last season without much speed. You have to have high IQ football players in this league. Games are won on small margins. Weather conditions play big factors. Smart coaches play big factors.

We need to keep players like Farmer. Maybe not the fastest, but when your not playing the fastest, it becomes less of a factor. The kids that understand the game but aren’t as fast seem to do better in the B1G then the kids who are just fast and don’t understand the game at a top notch level

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m afraid Rhule doesn’t understand the B1G. And I know, I know he played at PSU 20+ years ago. But he hasn’t coached in the league (outside of 25 years ago as a GA). It’s not track on a football field like it was in Baylor

Or when he is at fan day today.
This has me thinking Husker Sports Information office may be providing a press release on those no longer on the roster shortly before the 3 pm start time for Fan Day. Stay tuned.

I just hope Rhule & Co aren’t making the same mistake Frosf & Co made about the B1G. This is not the big 12. Speed is not an end all be all. Plenty of teams win in the B1G without super speed. Purdue won the west last season without much speed. You have to have high IQ football players in this league. Games are won on small margins. Weather conditions play big factors. Smart coaches play big factors.

We need to keep players like Farmer. Maybe not the fastest, but when your not playing the fastest, it becomes less of a factor. The kids that understand the game but aren’t as fast seem to do better in the B1G then the kids who are just fast and don’t understand the game at a top notch level

I hope I’m wrong, but I’m afraid Rhule doesn’t understand the B1G. And I know, I know he played at PSU 20+ years ago. But he hasn’t coached in the league (outside of 25 years ago as a GA). It’s not track on a football field like it was in Baylor
This is a huge reach based off the potential loss of a below average player. Sorry, but the guy does nothing well. He is below average in every category for a P5 defensive player from what we have seen.

I get you points the biggest obstacle is the big 10 needs to change philosophy if they want to compete nationally, Ohio st gets it.

This is a huge reach based off the potential loss of a below average player. Sorry, but the guy does nothing well. He is below average in every category for a P5 defensive player from what we have seen.
Second on the team in tackles last year. Yeah he did nothing well. Want to talk about a reach. He wasn’t Ronnie Lott but he was a solid football player.

I wonder which place that will be. Bringing in someone with a promise to start is a tricky proposition for most teams.

Reactions: headcard
Second on the team in tackles last year. Yeah he did nothing well. Want to talk about a reach. He wasn’t Ronnie Lott but he was a solid football player.
The second best tackler on an awful team… quite the accolade.

I'm guessing there are other DBs who are smart / understand the game just as well as Myles and are physically faster.

Reactions: BleedRed78

the team with the most speed wins the B1G every year

some of you people literally couldn't think for yourselves if your life depended on it

the team with the most speed wins the B1G every year

some of you people literally couldn't think for yourselves if your life depended on it
No the best team wins it , Michigan doesn’t have better speed than Ohio State . They have beaten OSU the last 2 years by physically kicking the shit out of them.

No the best team wins it , Michigan doesn’t have better speed than Ohio State . They have beaten OSU the last 2 years by physically kicking the shit out of them.
I believe a Michigan db recorded this year’s fastest combine time

I also believe Edwards is the fastest rb in the conference

Ohiost has more speed at WR. That’s it.

Use your eyes & brain prior to posting. Thx

That is 2 players, you have to be without a doubt the most arrogant poster on this board .

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey

But the fact was they were more physically the past two years still applies in this case..

Both have team speed just different positions..

I don't think Michigan is significantly slower than Ohio St. Yes, Ohio St may have more speed overall, but are they that much faster than Michigan? I doubt it.

I don't think @king_kong_ literally meant speed wins all the time every time.

Reactions: scarletred
This may have nothing to do with it but players that want single numbers 0-9 will have to earn them in fall camp..

Don’t think this applies but it did make me think when I see this picture with Myles wearing #8..

Reactions: PeliniTheCrutch
But the fact was they were more physically the past two years still applies in this case..
I hate to bag on your hero but I remember Scott Frost losing to Michigan 51-14 while at UCF and launching this doozy in the post game pressor

"we came in here and outhit those guys today," Frost said. "Standing on the sideline, there was no doubt who was hitting harder. Our guys came in hungry and wanting to do that”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT