ADVERTISEMENT

my take

l.a. husker

Walk On
Sep 7, 2006
los angeles ( atwater village) ca.
my take on the game. the game changer was tanners roughing the passer call ,changed our momentum and intead of having the ball,illini had a 30 yd. gain,also cam taylor's dumb decision to field the ball instead of letting it go into the endzone
, we would of had the ball at the 20 instead of a touchback not acting as a captain, also martinez's trying to finess his passes instead of zipping them downfield.our rb's are getting critized for not getting yardage, but there were no holes available, they were running into our linemen. our defence started like gangbusters not giving up any yardage and tackling rb behind the law of scrimmage, then they kinda disappeared. is our defence lacking stamina, is our OL overated,maybe illini is just good, it was our first game and we played a good team to start exposing some weaknesses, its not the end of the season,i say we get better and win more games than losing.

In the 3rd Qtr Frost has AM throw on 10 out of 11 plays. AM is as about a fundamentally sound passer as a pee wwe QB. I am not sure he set his all game or threw off his front foot. Frost has zero game management and cannot adjust to squat. 2 wins this year.

I thought the defense was sound
Yup. Listen to the end of Dr. Rob's interview after the game. He talks about how Uncle Milt graded them on technique, not just results. Because it all matters.

It's just crazy how every conference game, we have a penalty when we make a big play. I cannot imagine an opponent getting called for roughing on a hit like tannor's. Then we get an offensive PI on a huge pass on a defender that wasn't even near the WR.

It's just crazy how every conference game, we have a penalty when we make a big play. I cannot imagine an opponent getting called for roughing on a hit like tannor's. Then we get an offensive PI on a huge pass on a defender that wasn't even near the WR.
Respectfully disagree with this. 2 things on that play made it an easy call for the officials. 1. Tanner came in pretty high under the QBs chin. 2. He drives his entire body weight down on top of the QB instead of rolling off to the side. Both have been emphasized for 2 years to protect the QBs. But that comes back to coaching and not allowing it to keep happening. I’m also not sure who got the unsportsmanlike penalty after the play that gave them the extra 15 but just shut up and act like you’ve been there before. No need to run your mouth or taunt guys in such a close game. Even if they don’t call the roughing the passer, we still lose the TO because someone can’t keep their emotions in check.

In the 3rd Qtr Frost has AM throw on 10 out of 11 plays. AM is as about a fundamentally sound passer as a pee wwe QB. I am not sure he set his all game or threw off his front foot. Frost has zero game management and cannot adjust to squat. 2 wins this year.

I thought the defense was sound
If Martinez is not fundamentally doh d in year 4 under Mario, when does Mario’s seat get hot?

Reactions: blackbones
I think the roughing the passer was a BS call. It looked like a legit hit and if the QB lowers his chin during the hit then it should have been incidental. So yeah, BS call in this touch football league.

I missed the taunting in the same play? Our players need to play smarter I guess? But agree with the OP it was a momentum killer for our D.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Respectfully disagree with this. 2 things on that play made it an easy call for the officials. 1. Tanner came in pretty high under the QBs chin. 2. He drives his entire body weight down on top of the QB instead of rolling off to the side. Both have been emphasized for 2 years to protect the QBs. But that comes back to coaching and not allowing it to keep happening. I’m also not sure who got the unsportsmanlike penalty after the play that gave them the extra 15 but just shut up and act like you’ve been there before. No need to run your mouth or taunt guys in such a close game. Even if they don’t call the roughing the passer, we still lose the TO because someone can’t keep their emotions in check.
#2 flagged for taunting

Never saw the taunting, so can't comment on it. Their WR did a lot of talking and intentionally bumped Cam after a 12 yard catch.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I think the roughing the passer was a BS call. It looked like a legit hit and if the QB lowers his chin during the hit then it should have been incidental. So yeah, BS call in this touch football league.

I missed the taunting in the same play? Our players need to play smarter I guess? But agree with the OP it was a momentum killer for our D.
The penalty wasn't for hitting him under the chin. It was for driving him into the ground. I hate the rule but it was a good call.

The penalty wasn't for hitting him under the chin. It was for driving him into the ground. I hate the rule but it was a good call.
Let’s see how many penalties we get this year when any Nebraska QB gets sacked and driven into the ground…

I will be noticing this during other college games and see how it’s called.. It’s football when you tackle someone your forcing to carry him into the ground…

He should have come out and sat for 2 quarters ASSUMING he was coached correctly to begin with. Not confidant of that

Reactions: bigboxes
Let’s see how many penalties we get this year when any Nebraska QB gets sacked and driven into the ground…

I will be noticing this during other college games and see how it’s called.. It’s football when you tackle someone your forcing to carry him into the ground…

Yeah, I don't think I've seen an opponent of ours called for this ever and our QB gets hit a lot since our OL sucks.

If Martinez is not fundamentally doh d in year 4 under Mario, when does Mario’s seat get hot?
Thats the problem with hiring your friends. Callahan couldnt ween himself from his shitty dzcoordinator and he went down with that ship. I think Billy could have done good here with a better DC. I think if he would have kept Bo as DC they would have been good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT