ADVERTISEMENT

My gosh Ferentz is fleecing that university

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much does he donate?

According to this article...$1,000,000. I would say that is “quite a bit”. Winking

https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com...stead-family-childrens-hospital-iowa-football

uich-rendering_1_0.jpg

Look, I am not saying Kirk is lighting the world on fire, but winning 8 games at a low ceiling P5 school gets you paid. Period.

Big Ten $$$. The school's endowment. The fact the football program pays for every other athletic program. It all means big money for the HC.

Show me the money...

Reactions: sandiegohawk
Hey if Iowa is happy with the HC product on the field, by all means keep him. They will always be a solid but NEVER great team as long as he’s HC there. So I’m game, keep him for decades please!!!

Kirk was one of the hottest coaching candidates in America when that monster deal was signed and he could have bolted for just about any other job in college or NFL, Iowa "Opened up the checkbook", that so many fans on this very forum have asked us to do so many times. I'm thinking there's a lesson in this somewhere, pretty sure.

This year it was $1 million. See link below. He has made numerous large donations over the years.

https://www.blackheartgoldpants.com...stead-family-childrens-hospital-iowa-football

Hers is another one for $500K

https://now.uiowa.edu/2013/11/kirk-and-mary-ferentz-commit-500000-iowa-football-legacy-campaign

You would be surprised at how many coaches donate large sums to various causes involved with their universities. Most do not choose to make it public.

While Ferentz makes crazy money, it's hard to see how he's fleecing the University of Iowa. They know exactly what they have in Ferentz - if they overvalue him, so be it. Iowa clearly doesn't want to be a stepping-stone job and they don't want to pay guys like Bo Pelini and Mike Riley not to work there anymore. So it seems like a happy relationship.

Reactions: Lee P and bkrrrrr
Maybe, although at least he is being paid to coach as opposed to paying off coaches that have been fired. Ferentz also donates a fairly large amount of $$ to the children's hospital.

I do know of one donation he made for a million and I am sure there have been others made.

Kirk was one of the hottest coaching candidates in America when that monster deal was signed and he could have bolted for just about any other job in college or NFL, Iowa "Opened up the checkbook", that so many fans on this very forum have asked us to do so many times. I'm thinking there's a lesson in this somewhere, pretty sure.
They could have had Bob Stoops too.

I do know of one donation he made for a million and I am sure there have been others made.

This year was the million dollars and it was not made public by Kirk and Mary F. They lost a grandchild (I believe Brian's and his wife) and the children hospital is very important to them. I believe they donate almost every year. This year was more public due to the wave at the children's hospital at the end of the first quarter. How good of a coach he is, is up for debate, but how good a person he is, I feel is not.

Happy New Years everyone and glad to see Frost come to Nebraska. I think it is great for Nebraska and the Big Ten!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT