ADVERTISEMENT

My exact thoughts on AM

AM too skinny?

E8ZOAuYWEAEdIlr

I would argue 1) we saw his potential in 2018 and 2) with better coaching and development he’d be further along. TO himself called him at one time the most talented QB ever at Neb.

As for my coaching questions? Will you admit at least in my examples that often are indicators of less than great coaching…that Neb has exhibited a lot (and consistently) of this indicators under Frost?

Again…main concern not AM. The discipline and play and decision making of the leaders over this team has been poor over the past 3 years. I’m hoping the light turns on this year or “more talent” may not matter much.
forgive me for running out of rope on the losingest player in Nebraska football history.

6+ in 2021! lmao the fact our fans are touting this as an exciting accomplishment shows just how far expectations have fallen.

pathetic
Let me ask you a question. Put AM in the Neb offense from 93-97 and with the talent they had at that time and TO as coach. Now put Tommie Frazier as starting QB with Riley/Frost as coach from 2017-2020…who has the better record? And please…be honest with your answer. AM with the Pipeline, LP, Green, Wistrom, Farley…etc. Tommie with the 3 walkon receivers, last years O line, Wandale/Scott and some walkon kid I can’t remember toting the rock. Be honest…without AM and LMs legs last year Neb may have not won any games. They and (IMO) a drastically overrated and misused Wandale were our offense. We were running Cade Warner on fly patterns early in the season

Let me ask you a question. Put AM in the Neb offense from 93-97 and with the talent they had at that time and TO as coach. Now put Tommie Frazier as starting QB with Riley/Frost as coach from 2017-2020…who has the better record? And please…be honest with your answer. AM with the Pipeline, LP, Green, Wistrom, Farley…etc. Tommie with the 3 walkon receivers, last years O line, Wandale/Scott and some walkon kid I can’t remember toting the rock. Be honest…without AM and LMs legs last year Neb may have not won any games. They and (IMO) a drastically overrated and misused Wandale were our offense. We were running Cade Warner on fly patterns early in the season
AM with TO and arguably the best college football team would have the better record.

duh

Haarberg got his butt handed too him by St Paul last year and against our average Gothenburg Swedes he passed for 45% completions. He has the tools but he is coming from a C1 school and needs the time to develop into a starting quarterback, especially at this level. We need Martinez to carry this team and he has more pieces of the puzzle to help him be the best he can be this year.

I for one hope Martinez has a great year, not only because I am a Husker fan but because I love a good redemption story. It is painful listening to all the bitching on this board, even before we played a game! With our improvements up front in both offense and defense lines, improved big powerful receivers and a experienced defense, I am optimistic about this season!!
The problem I see is can a defense be successful in the B10 when your Defensive backfield is your best group?

Another thing I’d like to add is this OL will still struggle…maybe not as much? so it ultimately boils down to the development of Frost and the OC on calling plays IMO. Assuming we at the very least, take care of the football and cut the penalties in half.

That’s right. No excuses this year if things go bad.
But… our O Line

No, seriously our O line is in the running for worst position group on offense, which is never a good thing. Maybe an excuse

Last edited:
AM, I think would have fared a lot better on a TO team, where everything wasen't dependant on his arm, under the frost oregon system.

I think he would have been a lot better off, handing off to a rb workhorse, then hitting key passes...or scrambling for some yards.

I can't say he's had a bad attitude, he's always spoke decent. he been in a kinda tough situation with a leaky oline and some drops...but thats the job for a starting NU qb

yes.

he would've gone 6-2 last year.
Ok. All of the talent deficiency, poor coaching, horrible special teams….Tommie would have carried it all on his shoulders…a one man team. Back in Tommie’s day other teams had to respect our run so much that when we did pass (infrequent) in a play action type situation we often had receivers open without a defender within 20 yards.

He would have had (last year) to win with his legs. Did we have the Oline or blocking on the edge to have him do that consistently.

Oh well. I think you’re delusional it what the hell do I know.

Ok. All of the talent deficiency, poor coaching, horrible special teams….Tommie would have carried it all on his shoulders…a one man team. Back in Tommie’s day other teams had to respect our run so much that when we did pass (infrequent) in a play action type situation we often had receivers open without a defender within 20 yards.

He would have had (last year) to win with his legs. Did we have the Oline or blocking on the edge to have him do that consistently.

Oh well. I think you’re delusional it what the hell do I know.
2020 NW, ILL, iowa games are double digit wins with anything close to avg QB play

MN was winnable too if we had a winner under center

our division stinks out loud, our QB just stinks worse

The problem I see is can a defense be successful in the B10 when your Defensive backfield is your best group?

Another thing I’d like to add is this OL will still struggle…maybe not as much? so it ultimately boils down to the development of Frost and the OC on calling plays IMO. Assuming we at the very least, take care of the football and cut the penalties in half.
WAY too much is made if play calling. The difference between a "good" and "bad" play call are generally two things: having a basic read on what the D is doing and most of all, EXECUTION which we have not had in multiple positions.

from LJS:

This spring, Martinez was asked if he could have played in a bowl game had the Huskers not voted against accepting a bid as a team.

"...I was pretty beat up from a season and then also from the (Rutgers game) — I wasn't in the best of shape," Martinez said.

Sick

from LJS:

This spring, Martinez was asked if he could have played in a bowl game had the Huskers not voted against accepting a bid as a team.

"...I was pretty beat up from a season and then also from the (Rutgers game) — I wasn't in the best of shape," Martinez said.

Sick

This guy blows… and frost will stick with him for five years and get canned.

Reactions: bigboxes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT