ADVERTISEMENT

Mortal Kombat 1

ClimateDashboard-global-surface-temperature-graph-20230118-1400px.png

is it a thing? I've never played half life. isn't it a first person shooter? I don't really do fps's.
Half Life was awesome back in the day. Half Life 2 was also good. A lot of people enjoyed the second one more, but I preferred the first. Thy updated the graphics somewhere along the way. The two Portal games were also part of that universe. They've talked about HL3 for like about 20 years now and it probably will never happen. It's sort of become a joke at this point. It is a FPS but also involves a lot of problem solving skills.

Half Life was awesome back in the day. Half Life 2 was also good. A lot of people enjoyed the second one more, but I preferred the first. Thy updated the graphics somewhere along the way. The two Portal games were also part of that universe. They've talked about HL3 for like about 20 years now and it probably will never happen. It's sort of become a joke at this point. It is a FPS but also involves a lot of problem solving skills.

right on. my bad on the joke. i didn't play the portal games either, weren't they on xbox though?

xbox and steam for sure. no idea on anything else

I've done sony, sega, and nintendo, but haven't tried xbox. i just bought a computer a week ago, i haven't hooked it up yet. still sitting on the floor in the box 😐. i haven't had a pc since I was in high school, will be different than operating everything from my phone.

i am excited for the possibilities of playing steam games, there are many great games that I've never tried.

I've done sony, sega, and nintendo, but haven't tried xbox. i just bought a computer a week ago, i haven't hooked it up yet. still sitting on the floor in the box 😐. i haven't had a pc since I was in high school, will be different than operating everything from my phone.

i am excited for the possibilities of playing steam games, there are many great games that I've never tried.
best to hit up steam for their summer sales or Black Friday/Xmas events

Reactions: Jaemekon
is it a thing? I've never played half life. isn't it a first person shooter? I don't really do fps's.
Pretty sure it was a joke as Valve doesn't know how to count to 3.
Too bad, L4D2 was a brilliant game and was ripe for a 3rd.
Still has a pretty big player base of Versus players and tournaments to this day.

I always liked Ninja Gaiden Black the best of these type of games. It’s been a long time since I’ve had that kind of time though

i didn't know ninja gaiden had a fighter. what system?

or were you referencing doa?

i started my MK1 journey today. reptile/cyrax is who I've chosen for now. i been getting my ass kicked so far, gotta get good.

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
i started my MK1 journey today. reptile/cyrax is who I've chosen for now. i been getting my ass kicked so far, gotta get good.
Well whatever you do, don't be a DSP.

Since its kinda sorta related, I was busy this evening refurbing a PS2 controller.
Nothing serious, the person I get these "not tested/for parts" controllers from have been very reliable as far as getting controllers that are very fixable without serious issues.
Also received my optical lasers so I replaced it on the one console I currently have.

I had enough parts and accessories I decided to sell one and make another complete PS2 set.

A set, for me, would be the console, power brick(PS2 slim), 2 controllers, 2 memory cards, at least 5 games(discs in great condition), an aftermarket AV cable capable of connection to component or composite in a new Sterilite 15Qt box.
My cost for all was right at $180.
At the time I was buying/selling old consoles/accessories 2-3 years ago Covid was driving a bit of a retro console buy fest but I feel like that's come and gone. Even at my cost it feels kinda high. Not sure if I can get 180 out of it. 140 feels more realistic now. I'm not really interested in making money I just want to sell good refurb'd stuff to people and keep myself busy. A return of what I spent would be nice.

Anyway, enjoy your MK!

• Love
Not on game pass, so unfortunatley Between needing time and money, its a no go. Ill have to stick to starfield for now. I remember the last mortal kombat game i played was on the PS2 and was lots of fun. there was a card portion you would pick a card then battle for characters or something. I remember that being really fun. I wanna say it was Shaolin Monks but this was 20 years go (yikes) so I cant remember for sure.

• Sad
Not on game pass, so unfortunatley Between needing time and money, its a no go. Ill have to stick to starfield for now. I remember the last mortal kombat game i played was on the PS2 and was lots of fun. there was a card portion you would pick a card then battle for characters or something. I remember that being really fun. I wanna say it was Shaolin Monks but this was 20 years go (yikes) so I cant remember for sure.

c9e9d754-1c73-4daa-9f95-ee89a37b7367_text.gif

I'm currently in the middle of too many games. i haven't played enough armored core 6 yet, I'm grinding to platinum on diablo 4 (close on this kind of), and obviously I've been playing some mk1 now.

so far I don't love mk1. the costumes are not great, i don't really like the kameo system, online is limited. I've already kind of burnt myself out on this one.

i did enjoy invasion mode, that was pretty good. story wasn't terrible, but i skipped most of it.

there is plenty of time for improvement.

First new fighter and kameo coming soon. I like tremor better as a ninja. Omni Man looking pretty sick 🔥🤙.

Did you hit up any Alan Woke for Halloween? There's a dude I watch on Twitch who was playing it. Did not enjoy it. And yes, they destroyed Alan Wake in the name of woke.

Did you hit up any Alan Woke for Halloween? There's a dude I watch on Twitch who was playing it. Did not enjoy it. And yes, they destroyed Alan Wake in the name of woke.

I did not. Of course they did, it's progress don't you know 😐.

Season 2 trailer, kind of late, I'm already almost to Grandmaster. Made it to Demi God in season 1.

Valve has marked Half-Life’s 25th anniversary with several promotions and content drops, including an extensive new update for the original game.

As detailed on the new 25th anniversary site, Valve has added new multiplayer maps, restored game content, graphics options and full Steam Deck compatibility.

Valve is also marking the occasion by making Half-Life free-to-keep for anyone adding it to their Steam library this weekend, and putting the rest of the games in the franchise on discount.

Valve has marked Half-Life’s 25th anniversary with several promotions and content drops, including an extensive new update for the original game.

As detailed on the new 25th anniversary site, Valve has added new multiplayer maps, restored game content, graphics options and full Steam Deck compatibility.

Valve is also marking the occasion by making Half-Life free-to-keep for anyone adding it to their Steam library this weekend, and putting the rest of the games in the franchise on discount.

nice. I've never played half life, but it's probably pretty cool.

@Jaemekon How is the new MK? Am a big fan of the series especially MK3U. I own MKX and was kinda bored after a while :/

MK1 is not great, pretty fun, but not great. Hopefully it will improve. maybe worth buying at $30 on black Friday, but wouldn't probably spend full price. MKX was pretty good, I played the shit out of MK11.

Reactions: HuskerHusaria
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT