ADVERTISEMENT

Mortal Kombat 1

Trailer for the new Mortal Kombat game.

"It is time."

🔥🔥😍😍
Oh man, the first one, the first MK arcade game was amazing, I got super good at it too where I could basically put in my tokens (remember those) and beat 7-8 other dudes in a row. At the time I thought that made me cool...now I just realize it added 3-4 years to my virginity. But still, that game was amazing.

Its time for what? To reboot something that will never see the popularity it had the first time around in order to milk the name built off that popularity? Oh yippee. And the Little Mermaid will break box office records too I'm sure. Absolute trashfire reality. Laziness. Zero ambition or creativity. So I look forward to it being in my Twitch feeds for a month before it falls off completely and the attention span of human slugs fixates on the next shiny flickering thing.

• Wow
Reactions: Jaemekon
Its time for what? To reboot something that will never see the popularity it had the first time around in order to milk the name built off that popularity? Oh yippee. And the Little Mermaid will break box office records too I'm sure. Absolute trashfire reality. Laziness. Zero ambition or creativity. So I look forward to it being in my Twitch feeds for a month before it falls off completely and the attention span of human slugs fixates on the next shiny flickering thing.
Fatality!

• Love
Reactions: zrob and Jaemekon
Will it be pretty though? Of course it will. Have you seen the amount of stupid, shitty, terrible games using Unreal Engine? And in 10 years, Unreal Engine 236 will allow us to watch fatalities that last a half hour that are so gory you wont be able to hold your load after 5 mins of it.

• Love

I still play MK11. I like that it won't be super popular. We still have our "toxic" MK community. 🙂

• Love
Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Will it be pretty though? Of course it will. Have you seen the amount of stupid, shitty, terrible games using Unreal Engine? And in 10 years, Unreal Engine 236 will allow us to watch fatalities that last a half hour that are so gory you wont be able to hold your load after 5 mins of it.

Mmmm.. raw dog loads...

f9a11ecf-bf2a-459f-a1dc-2c99e855d608_text.gif

• Haha
Not trying to brag…but I was the first person (or one of the first) to beat MK at the sacred Parkway Lanes game room. If I had all the quarters back from that game and Street Fighter 2 I could retire!

Why am I not surprised that you’re a gamer….
Although I've "retired" from gaming because of coordination problems, Twitch is still my TV. Imagine that, watching F'n video games for hours. On purpose.
I will admit to still WASD'ing(LOL just kidding, I use directional keys like a normal human being) my way around some games when the panic gets bad.

PC. Running a 4700K from 2013 and GTX 1070 from 2016.
GPUs prices are kinda whack right now.
Wanna rebuild sometime.
Same. Rocking an FX chip(yep, I bought one) that I paid all of 55 bucks for and then got back 50 from the lawsuit and DDR3. LOOOL. It works for what I need though.

Same. Rocking an FX chip(yep, I bought one) that I paid all of 55 bucks for and then got back 50 from the lawsuit and DDR3. LOOOL. It works for what I need though.
My monitor is 3440x1440 120hz ultrawide and I've been playing older games and even dropped it down to 2560x1080 in order to play semi-recent games.

I was shopping for GPUs but they all have pitiful VRAM unless you wanna drop close to a grand. The good thing is that retro inspired games are always playable on my current setup.

I know you’re a big mortal kombat fan, J.

I was always a huge fan of the tekken series back in the PS1 days. Tekken 2 was amazing

Tekken releasing a new game too.

Reactions: c3o
I played MK on the first playstation and I really liked its atmosphere, graphics, and gameplay.
The trailer shows that the developers tried to keep the spirit of the original, but at the same time added a lot of new things. It will be interesting to see what the new Fatalities will look like, we need to wait for more trailers. I hope that the game will not have many bugs or optimization problems.

Not gonna lie, that looked pretty good. Pretty brutal. The graphic backgrounds are meh. Something about that style isnt realistic enough for me. I do enjoy it when the backgrounds have stuff going on in them that adds to storyline and lore in MK. Storyline? IDK. Should we care after the first time through?
BTW fighters were my worst video game skill.
I hope it does the earlier ones proud. Have fun!

Last edited:
  • Love
Not gonna lie, that looked pretty good. Pretty brutal. The graphic backgrounds are meh. Something about that style isnt realistic enough for me. I do enjoy it when the backgrounds have stuff going on to them that adds to storyline and lore in MK. Storyline? IDK. Should we care after the first time through?
BTW fighters were my worst video game skill.
I hope it does the earlier ones proud. Have fun!

fighting games are tough, and filled with massive levels of salt and sweat. it's brutal, but the payoff is worth it.

the story is meh for me, i don't normally get too into the story.

i didn't see my girl Jade, i hope she is in it.

i didn't get to do the beta stuff because my preorder code wasn't working. 🤬🤬🤬

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT