ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Playoffs Thread

Robin Williams Dancing GIF by STARZ

I would have never believed Baltimore would only score one run in two games. Kudos to Royals pen. They’ve been atrocious all season but came up big when they had to. Im ecstatic. Bring on the evil empire.
It was great work by JJ to pick up Erceg, and they really managed Bubic to get him back from TJ and peaking right now. Beyond that, I'm never happy someone got hurt but the fact that McArthur is hurt and can't pitch is a blessing. They kept throwing him out there in high leverage all summer and he sucked.

Reactions: BetterRed
I’m enjoying the Royals game tonight, despite Bob Costas openly rooting for the Yankees. He wets himself anytime the Yanks hit a medium-length fly ball and cries every time they make an out.

I like Ron Darling, but wish TBS would pair him with someone who isn’t such an ass.
OMG you are spot on. I used to love Costas. But was thinking the same thing listening to him tonight. Sounds like a yankee homer. It’s so annoying, especially not only as a big Royals fan but also hates the Yankees to no end. But this pen in the post season for the Royals continues to amaze me. They were completely garbage all year.

Reactions: MargotDeeper
Royals!!

I’m going to be at Game 3.

And yeah - I not one of those guys that gripes about announcers - but geez Costas, ease up on the Yankee love a bit.

I can’t imagine Ron Darling cares for them much, being a former Met
Costas sounded so defeated when Witt turned that double play against Stanton.

Reactions: mgbreis
I’m enjoying the Royals game tonight, despite Bob Costas openly rooting for the Yankees. He wets himself anytime the Yanks hit a medium-length fly ball and cries every time they make an out.

I like Ron Darling, but wish TBS would pair him with someone who isn’t such an ass.
That was awful. That double play where he told Stanton it wasn't his fault. WTF dude.

This moron thinks the Royals are getting lucky. The only luck is that the review team made sure the Yankees won game 1.

Reactions: king_kong_
Keep it up
Royals are in a great spot considering they’ve gotten very little out of their strengths. Only 8 total innings from their starters and Witt 0-10 with half of the outs being just awful K’s (Bobby, if it looks like it’s going to bounce, DON’T SWING AT IT!!)

OTOH - the bottom of their order is producing, and Garcia suddenly woke up. The lead off spot is 6-10 in the series - which circles back to the #2 hitter being 0-10.

No matter what happens from here, it’s been a good postseason showing by KC.

Royals are in a great spot considering they’ve gotten very little out of their strengths. Only 8 total innings from their starters and Witt 0-10 with half of the outs being just awful K’s (Bobby, if it looks like it’s going to bounce, DON’T SWING AT IT!!)

OTOH - the bottom of their order is producing, and Garcia suddenly woke up. The lead off spot is 6-10 in the series - which circles back to the #2 hitter being 0-10.

No matter what happens from here, it’s been a good postseason showing by KC.
Witt is pressing. I’ve never seen him swing at so many bad pitches and strike out like this. I think he’s trying to do too much. I am excited to see how Lugo fares. He’s been their best starter all year. Hoping he can go 7-8 innings.

Witt is pressing. I’ve never seen him swing at so many bad pitches and strike out like this. I think he’s trying to do too much. I am excited to see how Lugo fares. He’s been their best starter all year. Hoping he can go 7-8 innings.
I feel like he's due for a giant game 3!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT