ADVERTISEMENT

Mazzccua is our best run blocker

I’ve not studied enough of OL this year, mostly cus they’re playing better than years past when I would rewatch to diagnose the train wreck.

Lutovsky and Evans both had some nice pulling plays yesterday, but I also noticed Mazzccua in on the short yardage runs.
Rhule emphasized Mazzccua was a backup, perhaps more related to his off field status, but it’s possible Luto is more trusted for their pulling guard plays.

Side note: Ben Scott did not have a good day snapping the ball at least 3-4 bad snaps from him.

Yeah the snaps cost us a couple plays on the ground, messed up the timing with the handoff. Luckily DR is tall and quick enough to corral them.

Reactions: BleedRed78
I’ve not studied enough of OL this year, mostly cus they’re playing better than years past when I would rewatch to diagnose the train wreck.

Lutovsky and Evans both had some nice pulling plays yesterday, but I also noticed Mazzccua in on the short yardage runs.
Rhule emphasized Mazzccua was a backup, perhaps more related to his off field status, but it’s possible Luto is more trusted for their pulling guard plays.

Side note: Ben Scott did not have a good day snapping the ball at least 3-4 bad snaps from him.
At least that many. Thought this was messing with DR and timing of offense. Definitely hurt Buschini. Scott had a bad day.

Reactions: HominidHusker
He played as an extra TE and was able to block down on some dudes who were not expecting to get what they got. That big kid is a major change from the finesse blockers that we have at tight end.
Maybe they'll use him like IL did with us and have him catch a td.

Doesn’t appear we are getting a push upfront. A good deal of the running yardage is schemed counters, reverses rather than the oline opening up running lanes.
disappointing given we have the most experienced OLine in the league.
We looked the best in the I formation with a fullback lead but I think that limits Raiola in the passing game

Maybe we need to run that heavy set more often. I remember in the Frost era Minnesota use to bully are defense with those heavy sets, and they ran it repeatedly all game long.

I remember we came out against OSU (Frost) with all heavy sets and ran right down the field for a TD then went away from it for most of the game. 🤷‍♂️ Michigan, with top notch talent, abused OSU with their heavy sets…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT