ADVERTISEMENT

Quick question

TC_Hawk

Oct 15, 2004
My son and I are coming to Lincoln for the game next Friday. Really excited to experience Memorial Stadium and everything Lincoln has to offer. I've been there for a basketball game and had an amazing time. The final score wasn't what I was hoping for, but the arena was impressive and we had a great time with the fans we sat with. Anyway, to my question. Where would be a good place to park? Also, where would be a good place to hang out before the game? Thanks in advance. Can't wait to see the stadium!

My son and I are coming to Lincoln for the game next Friday. Really excited to experience Memorial Stadium and everything Lincoln has to offer. I've been there for a basketball game and had an amazing time. The final score wasn't what I was hoping for, but the arena was impressive and we had a great time with the fans we sat with. Anyway, to my question. Where would be a good place to park? Also, where would be a good place to hang out before the game? Thanks in advance. Can't wait to see the stadium!
Parking garages are 20 bucks. Just head to the Railyard before kickoff. Enjoy the game. Should be a 9-6 type shootout. Laughing 😢

not positive, but parking tickets might be cheaper than parking garages. Just park at a meter. We got lucky this weekend and didn't get a ticket.

• Haha
Reactions: Gary.Busey
Hope we have good weather and you have a good time.

If I were you I'd hang out in the Haymarket/Railyard area where you'll find the biggest concentration of fans. Be prepared to talk offensive woes... ours & yours. 🤣

In short, Memorial Stadium doesn't have parking, not a parking lot. There would be many ways to alleviate this but the UofN couldn't care less. You have to find a private parking lot that is heavily overpriced for the day. If you go early enough you can find street parking for free but I hope you enjoy walking. 6th street between K and L street is a hidden gem. I don't care revealing it anymore because I rarely go to games.

There is a parking garage around the Vault (basketball arena) but it fills up pretty fast..

There‘s plenty of places to park downtown LINCOLN depending how far you want to walk or pay..

With an 11 AM game and probable colder weather, there really isn’t going to be anything going on before the game. Very limited tailgating. Just park and go to the stadium and walk around.

Geez, doesn't any enterprising individual still use their property somewhere near the stadium to make beer/weed money for the weekend anymore?
Fiji used to sell spots in their lot

Not sure if they still do

Obv north bottoms was basically a parking lot, too

Been a long time since I’ve been to a home game but I hope these things still take place

Reactions: EmormousDouchebag
Last few times I was in Lincoln for a game I parked 12-14 blocks away and found great places to park with no charge. Now I know most people don't do that, but I always liked parking far away for less hassle but to also see the crowds getting bigger and bigger the closer you got to the stadium.
I kind of pointed that out, all depends on what you want to spend or how far you want to walk after drinking.🍺🥃.

Reactions: Bugeater
You didn't get a ticket because the meters are free on the weekends
Only free on Sundays. I think it used to be free Saturdays and Sundays, but just double checked. They say you can get an all day pass on their ap for $15. But then they also say a parking ticket is $10. So......

not positive, but parking tickets might be cheaper than parking garages. Just park at a meter. We got lucky this weekend and didn't get a ticket.
I definitely did that a few times back in the day. Not sure about now, but parking tickets were cheaper and they don't have a ton of enforcement on the weekends.

Is there single-game parking at Haymarket Park, or do you have to buy that for the whole season? With a pedestrian bridge to the Railyard, that always struck me as a good way to combine tailgating with some time in the Haymarket.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT