ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Riley will be retained

Oct 6, 2017
Barring an unusual circumstance, Mike Riley will be retained at the end of the season. The administration is happy with the rate and level at which the intangibles are being improved (e.g. culture, level of young talent, relationships, staff, etc..) and feel very confident that it will show itself on the field in future years. They entered the situation knowing that building a strong sustainable foundation was going to be a multi-year endeavor and are determined to give it a real chance. The new AD will be advised as such.

And SE firing had little to do w/ the performance of the team at the beginning of the year. The termination was in the works well before the NIU game and was a primarily the result of other reasons.

Last edited:
So, HCMR loses every game the rest of the season and is still retained? Total BS. It depends on how many W’s and L’s. Period. This program was built on winning and how some people lose site of that is stunning.

Even HCMR knows he has to win this year.

season still needs to be played out.
People are nuts if they don't think a) Football is the king sport, b) The NIU game played a huge role in the firing (coupled likely with some other mistakes, e.g., black friday game, in general, letting the conference have its way with nebraska).

There are no guarantees that Riley will be around after the end of the season. Personally, while there is always great hope and promise when a new face arrives, I don't think keeping Riley is a bad move. Especially if the team finds a way to get to 7 or 8 wins.

Who will retrain Riley? Will they bring in Frost? Or maybe Switzer? Now sure how much retraining you can do with a guy his age or who would want the jon of retraining him.

Retained? Oh. Never mind.

The new AD will terminate Riley, everyone knows this - including Mike Riley. The only question is whether he feels compelled to let Riley flounder into the 2018 season before dropping the axe.

Barring an unusual circumstance, Mike Riley will be retained at the end of the season. The administration is happy with the rate and level at which the intangibles are being improved (e.g. culture, level of young talent, relationships, staff, etc..) and feel very confident that it will show itself on the field in future years. They entered the situation knowing that building a strong sustainable foundation was going to be a multi-year endeavor and are determined to give it a real chance. The new AD will be advised as such.

And SE firing had little to do w/ the performance of the team at the beginning of the year. The termination was in the works well before the NIU game and was a primarily the result of other reasons.

Do you work for the University? What are your sources? did some guy tell you this over a beer at Duffy's? More made-up stuff from someone who lives in fantasy land.

I heard the Huskers are making the FBS playoffs this year. (My best friend lives in Lincoln and that is what the mailman told him)

Who will retrain Riley? Will they bring in Frost? Or maybe Switzer? Now sure how much retraining you can do with a guy his age or who would want the jon of retraining him.

Retained? Oh. Never mind.
switzer? bury?

Bunch of potatoes in this thread. The OP said barring something crazy if we are competitive the rest of the way Riley isn't going anywhere.

Did you get a copy of his cable bill, where he upgraded his service?

Reactions: Toms Wife
Did you get a copy of his cable bill, where he upgraded his service?
yes, he upgraded his century prism cable, and seeing how they raise you rates every month for no reason, besides seeing if they can get away with it, that shows real commitment.

thats at least 2 hours yelling at someone in their retention department how they just lie to people over the phone. plus 2 hours going thru their phone recordings to start the process.

My only comment will that I had heard Eichorst was in trouble the week before the NIU loss.

LOL...and you have seen signs that NU can be competitive? I see 4-8.
He hasn't been here 3 years. Frost wouldn't take this job if we shit can a coach after 2.5 seasons. You won't get shit.
Go back to worshipping Bo and the circle jerk that is the tradition coalition.

He hasn't been here 3 years. Frost wouldn't take this job if we shit can a coach after 2.5 seasons. You won't get shit.

Well that's a leap for you to presume I am a Bo worshiper. And btw, a circle jerk is better defined by the current NU coaching staff rather than the so called tradition coalition.

Reactions: HuskerDana
Bunch of potatoes in this thread. The OP said barring something crazy if we are competitive the rest of the way Riley isn't going anywhere.

"Barring some unusual circumstances" and what you just interpreted the op said shows me who actually might have gone full potato ITT

U can shat can a coach after the iowa game though which is the more likely scenario if a move is made. I think most people have come to tgus realization.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT