ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Matya passed away

sad to hear, but that guy still owed me a free annual subscription when he bet me Mike Riley would keep his job beyond what turned out to be his last year. He was a die hard Mike Riley supporter all the way up to the end.

• Angry
Reactions: AustinTxBig Red
FYhpmsHX0AEmXRW-UtPAQU.jpeg

Wait...what?!?! Had he been sick? He'll certainly be missed. RIP, Mike.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw the article.

I've been on this site since Solich, and Mike was always the one who would talk me down from the cliff when things were bad for the Huskers or when I was bantering with another poster. Never met him personally, but I wish I had!
On the flip side he usually seemed pretty objective when it came to his favorite team. Got the feeling he would be someone who I would respect IRL if I knew him away from a sports message board. RIP Mike.

Reactions: TFrazier
Wow! Shocking news and sad to hear that Mike Matya has passed away. My condolences go out to his family and friends and all Husker Fans across the nation that had the privilege to know him for his work with HOL/On3. What a tremendous loss, we will all miss Mike!

GO BIG RED!!!

Reactions: TFrazier
sad to hear, but that guy still owed me a free annual subscription when he bet me Mike Riley would keep his job beyond what turned out to be his last year. He was a die hard Mike Riley supporter all the way up to the end.
Oy vey. Too soon to be throwing shade.

Reactions: GBRforLife1
Terrible legacy. Way to bring it up 😉

• Haha
Reactions: SuperBigFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT