ADVERTISEMENT

Memorial Stadium Revamp

leodisflowers

Head Coach
Feb 25, 2011
North Carolina
With the possibility of Memorial Stadium getting a facelift, what would you love to see? The less logical the better.

For me, I'd say dome it and connect all of the stadiums with some sort of concourse ring around the outside. Maybe even a standing room only viewing area as well.

when they redo the south stadium, I want a rolling grass feild like they have in vegas...so they can have concerts on the feild turf, then roll in the grass for game days...( looked like they just need to move a couple buildings south)

I'd like to see the old weight room on the north stadium with the big windows, as a place with all the husker achievements in the past..like a time line deal...

I'd like to see the best female cheerleaders (looking) to get some kinda award

and I'd like to see the whole stadium get proper seats with proper leg room and proper cup holders

and I'd like to see a nil weekly depth chart, so we can figure out the best way to distribute the money..

I'd like ex husker football players to be presidents and chancellors and ad's. (so there's no triatorisum afoot..)

and I'd like to see a train tunnel or bridge..so all that track area north of the stadium is easy parking..

and now that I think about it, why not have 2 big red trains, one from omaha and one from western Nebraska so folks get dropped. of right by the north stadium..

thats it for right this second

Last edited:
I like the Big Red Train idea! I did notice when I was in there last week that the entire east stadium overhang is now permanent red seats instead of bleacher style.

Reactions: redwine65
Here goes less logical, fan coverage for the rain and snow. Allowing the elements to impact the game but not the watching experience. This also makes it significantly louder.

Reactions: leodisflowers
I believe the next phase will revamp South Stadium to have improved entry and movement, stairs, concourses, and restrooms, similar to what was done in North Stadium. The difference is that the old athletic office building under South Stadium has the university's supercomputer, so all of that would need a new home first.

I believe the next phase will revamp South Stadium to have improved entry and movement, stairs, concourses, and restrooms, similar to what was done in North Stadium. The difference is that the old athletic office building under South Stadium has the university's supercomputer, so all of that would need a new home first.
100 agree with this post about what the South End zone will look like. That’s all you need.to do then the stadium is done.

100 agree with this post about what the South End zone will look like. That’s all you need.to do then the stadium is done.
Sat in south end zone a few years back. Have season tickets in east stadium. Man, south stadium is rough. Wasn't sure we were going to get in the stadium by kickoff. Like a high school setup to get in. Definitely need to upgrade south stadium asap.

Sat in south end zone a few years back. Have season tickets in east stadium. Man, south stadium is rough. Wasn't sure we were going to get in the stadium by kickoff. Like a high school setup to get in. Definitely need to upgrade south stadium asap.
I sit there and 100 agree. I sit pretty low though.

I've told this story before, but years ago I went to a game with out of state family. Their first time in Memorial Stadium. We were in the south stands and one of them looked at me and said, "Boy, you people don't spend a lot on fan comfort, do you."

It was embarrassing.

I've told this story before, but years ago I went to a game with out of state family. Their first time in Memorial Stadium. We were in the south stands and one of them looked at me and said, "Boy, you people don't spend a lot on fan comfort, do you."

It was embarrassing.
Tell those fat out of towners to lose some weight.. that way they won’t embarrass you

It was embarrassing.
The visiting fans behind us asked if that was really the entrance to the stadium. Told them I thought so but I wasn't entirely sure since we go in east stadium which has a real entrance.

when they redo the south stadium, I want a rolling grass feild like they have in vegas...so they can have concerts on the feild turf, then roll in the grass for game days...( looked like they just need to move a couple buildings south)

I'd like to see the old weight room on the north stadium with the big windows, as a place with all the husker achievements in the past..like a time line deal...

I'd like to see the best female cheerleaders (looking) to get some kinda award

and I'd like to see the whole stadium get proper seats with proper leg room and proper cup holders

and I'd like to see a nil weekly depth chart, so we can figure out the best way to distribute the money..

I'd like ex husker football players to be presidents and chancellors and ad's. (so there's no triatorisum afoot..)

and I'd like to see a train tunnel or bridge..so all that track area north of the stadium is easy parking..

and now that I think about it, why not have 2 big red trains, one from omaha and one from western Nebraska so folks get dropped. of right by the north stadium..

thats it for right this second
individual seats with cupholders is it!! Heinz field has it and it rocks!!!

I like the Big Red Train idea! I did notice when I was in there last week that the entire east stadium overhang is now permanent red seats instead of bleacher style.
now that I think of it, they could have the trains go to other college towns...and have food, room and transportation set up

Project Blue Beam level holographics featuring a Herbie Husker that....."does things" to other team mascots with a corn cob.

(And of course hookers and blow at halftime)

• Haha
Reactions: solarpanels
With the possibility of Memorial Stadium getting a facelift, what would you love to see? The less logical the better.

For me, I'd say dome it and connect all of the stadiums with some sort of concourse ring around the outside. Maybe even a standing room only viewing area as well.
A dome would be awful. It hardly makes sense in the NFL, which plays home games in December and January, let alone for college football. Football is supposed to be played out in the elements.

F' Bench seats ! Nebraska fans are paying in the top five nationally for seats when you figure in all the required donations and licensing fees; yet fans are packed in like sardines. F the bench seats!!!

the budget reported is 200 to 700 million....thats quite a wide swing

F' Bench seats ! Nebraska fans are paying in the top five nationally for seats when you figure in all the required donations and licensing fees; yet fans are packed in like sardines. F the bench seats!!!
I think that's the longterm plan. Reduces capacity to keep the sellout streak. I'm in the newly upgraded seats on east balcony.

Replace all seating with these:

fun-on-wheels-the-subaru-brat-is-too-fun-to-exist-today.jpg

Those are some thoughts I hadn’t had. 😊

I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to pay to park at the Durham Museum area and take a train to the AMTRAK station by PBA and back after the game. Probably as much as $50, but probably not as much as $100. That would be SO NICE not having to worry about traffic and parking.

Seems to me when I was a kid in the 60s they had a "football train" that went from the Burlington Station in Omaha (across the tracks from the UP Station) and took fans to the Burlington Station in Lincoln on 7th and Q.

My seats are in the south stadium. I actually like looking at the big screen.....which is the only good thing I can say. It is very rough. I am about halfway up , it's hard to enter, hard to get to your seats, and hard to use the facilities. I spoke to an asst athletic director last year (can't remember his name but he was a nice guy over the phone). He said they know how bad the South Stadium is...they want to do something with the student section....and make it more comfortable.

Supposedly they are getting rid of a couple seats in my row to make more room. I have threatened to not renew for the last 4 years...but still there. I do have a better "positive feeling" for this year though.

Time will tell! GBR!

I go to a game or 2 every year. I had free tickets 92 rows up in south stadium. Haven't been is south stadium since 2001. There is no quick way out of there.
Upgrade wise. Take rhe whole thing down. Build a similar box that North has. Wrap it from east to west. Put about 50-60 rows worth of seats.

Reactions: huskerfan66
I go to a game or 2 every year. I had free tickets 92 rows up in south stadium. Haven't been is south stadium since 2001. There is no quick way out of there.
Upgrade wise. Take rhe whole thing down. Build a similar box that North has. Wrap it from east to west. Put about 50-60 rows worth of seats.

Interesting thought…

However, eliminating 40-50 rows…not happening due to loss in revenue.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
- Enclose all sides and connect all concourses
- Reimagine South stadium entirely and include a party/standing room only section on the upper half
- Install new screens on both sides that stretch from side line to Sideline
- DEFINITELY install RED stadium seats everywhere
- Paint all metal structures, railings, etc RED
- Build North Stadium balcony seats in to match east stadium
- Install WORLD CLASS atrium in South
- dig field down to improve low row sight lives, go with natural grass, and get more creative with endzone designs
- BOOZE and more HIGH QUALITY food vendors

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT