ADVERTISEMENT

Memorial Stadium Getting a Facelift?

Cut capacity by 25%
Improve the seating for the remainder

have a lottery to retain your season tickets if you are in the sections that are going to be downsized. Your chances of retaining your seating in the lottery is directly proportional to your monetary contribution in the year prior to the lottery

raise ticket prices by 25% to offset reduced capacity or increase the annual contribution required to keep your tickets

Cut capacity by 25%

have a lottery to retain your season tickets if you are in the sections that are going to be downsized. Your chances of retaining your seating in the lottery is directly proportional to your monetary contribution in the year prior to the lottery

raise ticket prices by 25% to offset reduced capacity or increase the annual contribution required to keep your tickets
Are you a season ticket holder ?Invert much doubt it from some of your posts.

Other wise enough of your rubbish of what you think..

• Haha
Reactions: huntered
Cut capacity by 25%

First reaction. 25% is too large of a reduction. Secondly, if there were a raffle, it should be based upon the season ticket holder’s priority points. This would reward longevity and/or contribution level.

Reactions: scarletred
Lower ticket prices and bring in the alcohol. Increase concessions areas so people can get their booze faster/easier. Bronze statue of Suh turf stomping CU QB Hawkins into the field needs to go up somewhere. Capacity is fine where it is

Reactions: bjweyers7
From a practical standpoint it's smart for Trev to be asking these questions and planning ahead. Emotionally I'm sick of hearing about the stadium, the facilities, contracts, etc. Win some f--cking games. Honestly I only go to one game a year anyway so my opinion doesn't matter.

The sides are fine. The end zones do need more room as we are a lot bigger than we used to be. Even reducing capacity by 2,000 would provide a lot more room for people. Please no alcohol. I don't care if 99% of the people who drink do it responsibly. It's the 1% that don't that will ruin the atmosphere for a lot of people.

I predict the results of the survey are going to magically confirm what the athletic department has already determined to do and have budgeted for

Changes or no changes will be marketed under the guise of “you spoke and we listened”

No multi million dollar business undertakes a survey unless they already know what it is going to show

Last edited:
I predict the results of the survey are going to magically confirm what the athletic department has already determined to do and have budgeted for

Changes will be marketed under the guise of “you spoke and we listened”

No multi million dollar business undertakes a survey unless they already know what it is going to show
It's pretty obvious from Trev's previous statements that he wants to reduce capacity and increase "fan experience" or whatever you want to call it. He said something to the effect that maintaining the sellout streak is a weekly grind.

I hate the idea of reducing capacity, sorry. I’d rather be slightly uncomfortable for 4 quarters with a loud, packed stadium than plenty of leg room and 20,000 less fans in the stands.
There are 20,000 less fans now based on the turnstile count. Why not just eliminate seats but have the stadium full. With tv and other options Nebraska can’t fill 90,000 consistently. Maybe once a year

I wonder if they can adjust the concrete for more seating space (cup holder/backrests) without having to change the structural a lot.....then just do the east one year, then the west the next then north....each year...nice easy pace...

what you lose in seats could be replaced by a new south section with horseshoe upper deck...to help keep the noise in...

everything else they remodeled already

Are you a season ticket holder ?Invert much doubt it from some of your posts.

Other wise enough of your rubbish of what you think..
Many of us agree with him. I have season tickets in the end zone under the scoreboard. The section is too crowded and takes forever to get in and out. Reduce capacity and make it real comfortable. Unfortunately will not happen until the sell out streak ends.

1. Reduce capacity 10-20% and make seats wider. Yes people are fatter than in 1923, but I suspect it was still uncomfortable in 1923, but they didn't have man caves with 85" TVs then, so had no choice.

2. Sell beer. People who get drunk and cause problems are going to get drunk and cause problems whether they buy beer in the stadium, or get S#$%faced before the game and maintain their buzz with little shooter bottles. It could be argued that if those people knew they could get a beer at the game, they might not get as wasted before entering the stadium and there might be LESS problems.

3. As a corollary to #2, have a few designated places around the stadium to smoke. I don't smoke, but I don't see any reason people who do should have a nicotine fit for the second half. I have a friend who would love to come to a couple games with me, but won't because she can't go 4 hours without a smoke.

4. Increase concession capacity and pay concession workers more so all existing stations are open. Or replace concession workers with automated machines. If my choice is to go to the concourse at half to spend $30 on food and miss the first 5 minutes of the 3rd Q, I'll stay in my seat and not buy food.

Last edited:
1. Reduce capacity 10-20% and make seats wider. Yes people are fatter than in 1923, but I suspect it was still uncomfortable in 1923, but they didn't have man caves with 85" TVs then, so had no choice.

2. Sell beer. People who get drunk and cause problems are going to get drunk and cause problems whether they buy beer in the stadium, or get S#$%faced before the game and maintain their buzz with little shooter bottles. It could be argued that if those people knew they could get a beer at the game, they might not get as wasted before entering the stadium and there might be LESS problems.

3. As a corollary to #2, have a few designated places around the stadium to smoke. I don't smoke, but I don't see any reason people who do should have a nicotine fit for the second half. I have a friend who would love to come to a couple games with me, but won't because she can't go 4 hours without a smoke.

Increase concession capacity and pay concession workers more so all existing stations are open. Or replace concession workers with automated machines. If my choice is to go to the concourse at half to spend $30 on food and miss the first 5 minutes of the 3rd Q, I'll stay in my seat and not buy food.
I don't go to games but no, no and no

Reactions: nwualum
Many of us agree with him. I have season tickets in the end zone under the scoreboard. The section is too crowded and takes forever to get in and out. Reduce capacity and make it real comfortable. Unfortunately will not happen until the sell out streak ends.

North end zone needs more restrooms that are accessible to get too.. That’s been a problem since the beginning when they added to the north end zone.

Wouldn’t be surprised if TA cuts the seating capacity here in the future..

I remember going to the 95 spring game siting on top of the north end zone and looking over at the big 12 champ baseball team on the feild....
while kicking back along 3 benches and eating pizza with a coke..
and listening to kfab on headphones...

those were the days...

Make fat people pay for 2 seats or pay a fat tax to lower the cost for non fat fans.
Where do you sit? I'm not fat and north stadium sucks ass. Takes forever to get in and out, god help you if you're not on an aisle and have to take a piss. During a game get used to standing sideways if you have shoulders wider than a 10 year old girl.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Set plans to increase the WiFi for greater use by the fans.
Adjust the seating with a potential expansion of a side of the stadium, haven’t been there enough to know where to start on what side. Use the expansion to put in the slighter larger seats to accommodate the larger fans and keep capacity close to current levels, reduce 5-10%?

How much would capacity changed if they replaced benches with stadium seats...although I am not even sure there is enough space between rows in the end zones to do so?

Like many who grew up in Neb, Memorial Stadium was my first experience with a large football venue and it seemed surreal back then. In college I didn't notice (or care) about how cramped it was. However, after being gone from Lincoln for a long time, and spending time in more modern venues, the last game I went to was pretty miserable from a comfort perspective. I was with my wife who is small and two boys (also small at the time), and we could barely fit into our block of 4 seats. How NU has kept the attendance so high in that cramped stadium given the product on the field in recent years is frankly amazing to me.

no

Logo%20Brands%20Inc_182xx94.jpg

yes

Memorial-Stadium-2.jpg

Reactions: maggs
Doesn’t have to do with seating, but change up the halftime show or reinvigorate the band. Nobody cares about the pageantry of a performance that hasn’t changed in thirty years.

There are 20,000 less fans now based on the turnstile count. Why not just eliminate seats but have the stadium full. With tv and other options Nebraska can’t fill 90,000 consistently. Maybe once a year
Most teams can't

No alcohol in the stadium. If people want to drink, let them do it after the game. Drunks embarrass themselves and to those whom they are with. Plus who wants to get puked on when a fan is out of control?

Reactions: nwualum and WHCSC
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT