ADVERTISEMENT

McKinney Texas

Supposedly there was a fight. ..the kids where asked to leave they didn't. If the kids would have just left, this never would have happened. Then take off running, why? At some point and time we gotta start expecting better behavior from our citizens too.

Having said that the cop overreacted and should be suspended. The other cops had already calmed the situation.
I think you hit it on the head. There needs to be better behavior from citizens too. Look back at all the questionable deaths this year. Almost all involved people doing illegal things. No...that doesnt mean they deserved to be killed. But people need to start taking responsibility in how their actions are contributing to bad outcomes. This is a separate issue from how cops are acting. I cant control a cops behavior.....but I can control my behavior and my mouth.

Cops have the right to shoot you if they feel you are a threat. Thus a license to kill.

Sure the girl can say what she want, but there are consequences for running your mouth at times in life.
I can shoot someone in self defense if they threaten my life. That doesn't mean I have a license to kill.

First of all, that dude looks 5'6, not 5'10.

Secondly, I'm 6'5, and I am better looking than you.

Did you notice how short the cop was in the video? This is why short people shouldnt be placed in roles of authority.

Short people feel inferior and nobody respects them.

This is too funny. You do realize Gandhi, MLK, RFK, most of the popes, most of the Dalai Lama, Einstein & a ton of good powerful & respected people were short.

Let's not forget many special ops military personal who have to control way more hostile situations are short. Had the privilege of working with Rangers, Seals, Green Berets, and other forces as a cop in the service while deployed and believe it or not but a lot of those dudes where short. You do realize that shorter = a smaller target. Nothing wrong with being short. Especially in rolls of authority being that roll be peace or by means of force.

Cops have the right to shoot you if they feel you are a threat. Thus a license to kill.

Sure the girl can say what she want, but there are consequences for running your mouth at times in life.

Wrong. In order to use deadly force one must have opportunity + ability + intent. None of that is present .

Granted these kids should have shut their mouths and let the cops do their jobs. This is a story about 1 dumb cop and disrespectful kids. Where all the kids disrespectful? No. Where all the back kids disrespectful? No. But some where acting like punks. 2 wrongs don't make it right.

As someone already said, cops aren't the judge, jury, and executioner. Just let them do their job. They never get the final say. It will all play out fair especially since it's being recorded. No need to make matters worse by trying to fight them.

This is too funny. You do realize Gandhi, MLK, RFK, most of the popes, most of the Dalai Lama, Einstein & a ton of good powerful & respected people were short.

Let's not forget many special ops military personal who have to control way more hostile situations are short. Had the privilege of working with Rangers, Seals, Green Berets, and other forces as a cop in the service while deployed and believe it or not but a lot of those dudes where short. You do realize that shorter = a smaller target. Nothing wrong with being short. Especially in rolls of authority being that roll be peace or by means of force.

/throws lamp.
Lighten the f up, shorty.

Reactions: Cornicator
The viral video, cable & national news coverage are punishment enough for the officer. Now, the whole world knows he wears white socks in dress uniform! OMFG!

Ya, but did you see the tuck & roll that he executed as they were running after some of the kids? Looked like a move straight out of the Jump Shtreet movie.

Homeowners of the area are backing the cops behavior stating kids were jumping the fence to get into the pool....and refused to leave when approached by security. Fights broke out before the cops showed up. Allegedly one neighborhood adult on the scene was telling the kids trying to get in to "go back to your Section 8 housing."

According to the kids who threw the party/hosted the party, and have no reason to lie because they're not grown adults trying to cover their asses...

1.) Kids throw end of year party. Invite friends.
2.) Some of the friends are black.
3.) Homeowners in area get mad about black people in the pool.
4.) Grown woman starts showing racial slurs to black kids.
5.) A lot of the kids say stuff like "hey that's not cool..."
6.) Grown adult woman slaps teenager.
7.) They get into a fight (end shown in video)
8.) Cops are called.
9.) Crazy officer Farva does a barrel roll.
10.) Normal cop just talks to the kids. Kids give flashlight back that Officer Farva dropped. Normal cop thanks them. Talking normally.
11.) officer Farva bursts back onto the scene generally going psycho. Procedes to tell all the black kids to get on the ground while literally running past all the white kids. (according to the kid who shot the video, "It was like I was invisible." )
12.) Officer Farva beats the shit out of 14 year old girl in bikini for not respecting his authority.
13.) Other people try to intervene and tell him to stop, because you know beating up a 14 year old girl isn't cool.
14.) Officer Farva draws weapon on these idiots. Normal cops quickly tell him to calm the **** down.
15.) Rest of video happens.

Anyone who wishes cops got more respect should hope this idiot is nowhere near a uniform after this.The other cops got plenty of respect from those kids in the video, which is probably because they weren't losing their minds screaming cuss words and running around like loons. You have to give respect to get respect, and cops like this guy don't do their part in that equation.

Reactions: red rover 70
A comment was made that i totally agree with. If i was an officer i wouldn't want this clown anywhere near me. He's gonna get one of his other officers killed one of these days.

Pretty much it's embarrassing for everyone involved. Respect for authority is a chicken/egg sort of thing. If you want to be a cop and a respected pillar of the law, you need to be above getting hooked and reeled in by some teenagers.

You expect teenagers to act stupidly. Teenagers do that.
Anyone who wishes cops got more respect should hope this idiot is nowhere near a uniform after this.The other cops got plenty of respect from those kids in the video, which is probably because they weren't losing their minds screaming cuss words and running around like loons. You have to give respect to get respect, and cops like this guy don't do their part in that equation.

Agree 100%. For the sake of having good relationships between police and civilians, cops can't embrace guys who turn all red-ass at the first sign of adversity.

Agree, and I think it's sad that some of the news outlets covering this incident are using phrases like "the police" did this or "the cops" did that, when it was really just the one cop who went ape shit and seemed intent on escalating this into a violent situation. From everything I could see, the other officers did an outstanding job of calming people down - including, eventually, their co-worker.

Those other officers don't deserve to be lumped into this conversation at all, and I would be proud to have any of them working my neighborhood.

Reactions: HuskerO
Here is a decent rundown of what led up this this quagmire. A resident who lives there(and is black) organizes a party that she had no ability to control. DJ promotes it further and it quickly turns into something much larger than anyone ever imagined. Idiot kids arrive and are acting stupid like kids do. Officer Farva arrives and just has to win every argument. Recipe for disaster.

For what its worth, I am 5'8" and am as easy going as you will find. I also tell every guy I train that you don't have to win every argument. If they broke the law, you get to take them to jail! You win. If they are just idiots, you probably get a complaint for having a back and forth with an idiot.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...side-the-craig-ranch-subdivision/#more-101972

Any citations or arrests? I believe the answer is no, and I make the point that before the neighbors are given all the credence, the result was one was suspended officer, and nothing for the so-called trespassers.

Neighbors (including the black guy) could be really anal 'get off my lawn' types and were over-anxious.

Here is a decent rundown of what led up this this quagmire. A resident who lives there(and is black) organizes a party that she had no ability to control. DJ promotes it further and it quickly turns into something much larger than anyone ever imagined. Idiot kids arrive and are acting stupid like kids do. Officer Farva arrives and just has to win every argument. Recipe for disaster.

For what its worth, I am 5'8" and am as easy going as you will find. I also tell every guy I train that you don't have to win every argument. If they broke the law, you get to take them to jail! You win. If they are just idiots, you probably get a complaint for having a back and forth with an idiot.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com...side-the-craig-ranch-subdivision/#more-101972
But if the officer is being the idiot then everybody loses.

Any citations or arrests? I believe the answer is no, and I make the point that before the neighbors are given all the credence, the result was one was suspended officer, and nothing for the so-called trespassers.

Neighbors (including the black guy) could be really anal 'get off my lawn' types and were over-anxious.
I think one arrest was made.

I am guessing if anyone is charged with anything, it will be those that were fighting. The rest of the job there would be crowd disbursement and just getting all the outsiders away from the scene. We will probably never find out, but my guess is the SID will sue the organizer and DJ for whatever damages was caused from their unplanned riot situation.

Resdog i have a simple question. Would you want the officer in question as your partner?

Man, shits changed since I was a yute. When the cops showed up we scattered. Never did I try to confront an officer, and NEVER would I circle around one and make them feel in danger. We'd roll out and find the next party.

Why do today's yutes yell at the cops like this and risk arrest? Why no sense of self preservation?

Now, it seems the only folks held responsible are the cops!

Me, I'm just waiting for the next American Revolution.

Man, shits changed since I was a yute. When the cops showed up we scattered. Never did I try to confront an officer, and NEVER would I circle around one and make them feel in danger. We'd roll out and find the next party.

Why do today's yutes yell at the cops like this and risk arrest? Why no sense of self preservation?

Did you just say yute?

"No respect!"

-Rodney Dangerfield

The girl was probably mouthing off, but I would expect a police officer to be trained to deal with this in a calm manner, not grab her and throw her down and stuff her face in the ground. Did he really feel threatened by a 15-year-old girl in a bikini? Just ignore her.

I taught middle school and high school after college, some kids are going to be mouthy with authority. As the adult, you can't lose your cool and stoop to their level. The other cop in the video (who they give the flashlight to) knew how to engage them in a calm yet firm way, and seemed to be diffusing the situation, until they psycho cop starting pulling people to the ground and and re-escalating the situation.

Reactions: huskerj12

"K, any historical figure.."

"I'd fight Gandhi."

"GOOD answer.."

Your booby-trapped shack in the Montana wilderness awaits. Best of luck with your Revolution! *TM*

Judge Chamberlain Haller is that you ?

Strange ... I thought law enforcement personnel were expected to "protect and serve"

Funny thing about serving people ... you don't typically have the mentality that they owe you respect. You SERVE them. From my experience, when people are disrespectful toward law enforcement, it's typically because they've had negative experiences with other law enforcement officials.

Until you've walked a mile in the shoes of other people, you won't understand why they don't respond the way you responded as a kid.

Resdog i have a simple question. Would you want the officer in question as your partner?

Probably not. There are lots of good guy/gals you work with, and the occasional Rod Farva. You end up at calls putting out fires that they start. That is just as bad or worse than the mob around you. I am like the Dog Whisperer at calls. Calm assertive energy works best with 99% of the people you deal with. Verbal judo is a real thing, and it works very well.

Probably not. There are lots of good guy/gals you work with, and the occasional Rod Farva. You end up at calls putting out fires that they start. That is just as bad or worse than the mob around you. I am like the Dog Whisperer at calls. Calm assertive energy works best with 99% of the people you deal with. Verbal judo is a real thing, and it works very well.

Treating people with empathy and respect goes a LONG way in resolving most situations.

Reactions: huskerj12
The most telling thing to me in the video is that the other cops are not helping him at all. Usually in situations like this the other cops are assisting in some way with the "detainment" of the suspect (the girl), but in this case the other cops are just standing there next to the camera man. They don't jump in at all until Officer Psycho pulls his gun, at which point they literally rush in to tell him to calm the hell down and put his gun away. You don't see police questioning each other (in public) like that too often.

Great answer and stay safe.

Reactions: resdog851
No need for me to "walk in someone else's shoes". I never had a problem with the law. As a little kid, we were taught ( by parents ) to respect teachers, police, firemen and all older people, yes mam, yes sir. I don't see or hear much of that these days...I'm 68. Thinking back, we were shown respect in return. Of course this was way before " To protect and serve" was stenciled on the side of a black and white. Different world back then.

"If you're lookin' to get silly
You better go back to from where you came
Because the cops don't need you
And man they expect the same." Just Like Tom Thumbs Blues: Bob Dylan

Apparently the cop was pissed because he was acting rational ...but the kids took off running after the cop had already told them to sit down ...

..the kid said he ran bc everyone else ran.
So the cop said" I asked you to just sit there, but you ran bc everybody else did?
The kid said, they ran too,
Cop, "yeah but they got away...so you going to something just bc everybody else ran....look what happens when you follow everybody else, you end up in trouble".....bc once I asked you to stay, and you took of running, that's when you were in trouble"

This could have been avoided, if r he kids would have listened to the cop when he was being rational.

And since when can you just run up on a cop while he is detaining someone, and not expect to get a gun pulled on you......

Tired if defending idiot citizens. .....bad kids caused this entire thing.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
Apparently the cop was pissed because he was acting rational ...but the kids took off running after the cop had already told them to sit down ...

..the kid said he ran bc everyone else ran.
So the cop said" I asked you to just sit there, but you ran bc everybody else did?
The kid said, they ran too,
Cop, "yeah but they got away...so you going to something just bc everybody else ran....look what happens when you follow everybody else, you end up in trouble".....bc once I asked you to stay, and you took of running, that's when you were in trouble"

This could have been avoided, if r he kids would have listened to the cop when he was being rational.

And since when can you just run up on a cop while he is detaining someone, and not expect to get a gun pulled on you......

Tired if defending idiot citizens. .....bad kids caused this entire thing.
Wow.

Kids definitely played their part but to say they caused the entire thing?

Wow.

kids are playin games like grand theft auto, thinking they can disrespect and/or treat LEO like in the game. but that doesn't play out very well in real life.

1. cop reaching for his gun, that was, well obviously, just a very, very bad decision.
2. the cop putting both shins/knees into the back of that girl while she was face down on the ground was definitely way too much. i hope she was able to breath like that. about 20 seconds later he takes one knee off of her back, thank god.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT