ADVERTISEMENT

McKinney Texas

I believe there was a verbal argument between a teen guest and a mother at the pool

The second he pulled his gun he lost his right to be a police officer IMO.

First we don't know why the cops were called. That's a HUGE WHY! Maybe one of tgese kids fit a discription. We just don't know. We need a lot more info.
Was he forcefull? Yes, but when a cop tells you to do something you do it as long as it doesn't violate a law or your rights that you have.
He pulled the weapon (you don't know if it was a gun or taser, as I would have at that moment, because a mob mentality was about to occur when two back up cops showed up. before we convict the cop or the kids let's get all the facts and then proceed.

Last edited:
First we don't know why the cops were called. That's a HUGE WHY! Maybe one of these kids fit a discripton. We just don't know. We need a lot more info.
Was he forcefull? Yes, but when a cop tells you to do something you do it as long as it doesn't violate a law or your rights that you have.
He pulled the weapon (you don't know if it was a gun or taser, as I would have at that moment, because a mob mentality was about to occur when two back up cops showed up. before we convict the cop or the kids let's get all the facts and then proceed.
People have been shot and killed for less then pleading with a officer to stop. The two young men didn't touch him yet he pulled his gun. So he was going to detain all the black males and use his weapon to get the desired response. And people wonder why others run? Maybe if YOU get dropped on your head you'd understand. Girl doesn't do what he wanted and she got assaulted. Just because you have a badge doesn't give you the right to take away someone's right or their life.

Supposedly there was a fight. ..the kids where asked to leave they didn't. If the kids would have just left, this never would have happened. Then take off running, why? At some point and time we gotta start expecting better behavior from our citizens too.

Having said that the cop overreacted and should be suspended. The other cops had already calmed the situation.

Cop shouldn't have his job anymore. The officers on the scene were calming the situation and he needlessly escalated it and then continued by pulling his gun out. Furthermore there was no need to make a rag doll out of the girl. You want people to respect officers, but how are those kids supposed to look at police officers the same way after everything thats been happening and then seeing it for themselves?

Reactions: huskerj12
Supposedly there was a fight. ..the kids where asked to leave they didn't. If the kids would have just left, this never would have happened. Then take off running, why? At some point and time we gotta start expecting better behavior from our citizens too.

Having said that the cop overreacted and should be suspended. The other cops had already calmed the situation.
The black kids were trying to leaving. The problem was this officer was stopping any black males he saw. They were being detained because a black male was suspected. What if a white male was suspected in a crime downtown and a officer decided to detain any white male he saw. Then decided to get aggressive with anyone who protested. Then pulling his gun on a family coming out of a movie whose member was upset that his daughter got dropped on her head because her innocent white brother was being detained and berated. That officer wouldn't have a job anymore in Lincoln.

I'm not saying the cop is blameless just saying we don't know all the facts. We don't know what was happening before the video started. Lots of facts we don't know. Let's let the process go.play out before we say the cop should be fired. He could have been assaulted before the video started, we just don't know. Innocent until PROVEN guilty.

Rule #1 obey the law, and those enforcing it as long as it doesn't violate your rights.

LooKS like the officer has been placed on leave according to the local newspaper. Sounds like before the video there were fights and injuries from the kids who were not supposed to be there.

The black kids were trying to leaving. The problem was this officer was stopping any black males he saw. They were being detained because a black male was suspected. What if a white male was suspected in a crime downtown and a officer decided to detain any white male he saw. Then decided to get aggressive with anyone who protested. Then pulling his gun on a family coming out of a movie whose member was upset that his daughter got dropped on her head because her innocent white brother was being detained and berated. That officer wouldn't have a job anymore in Lincoln.

They were running from the cops first of all. Did you not hear the cop say " don't run from the cops " Who in the hell runs from cops if they haven't done anything.

Secondly the girl has no rights other than to observe. He gave them a chance to leave but she kept running her mouth.

Then she started pulling away instead of complying. That's all on her.

I would have been pissed at my daughter for putting herself in that situation.

Doesn't matter if the cop is wrong or not. He has the license to kill. Its funny how the people in these situations who comply with the police don't get abused or killed. Like the other girls in the video and hell even Michael Brown's friends, etc.

They were running from the cops first of all. Did you not hear the cop say " don't run from the cops " Who in the hell runs from cops if they haven't done anything.

Secondly the girl has no rights other than to observe. He gave them a chance to leave but she kept running her mouth.

Doesn't matter if the cop is wrong or not. He has the license to kill. Its funny how the people in these situations who comply with the police don't get abused or killed. Like the other girls in the video and hell even Michael Brown's friends, etc.
You serious Clark?

#whitepeoplecomments

You are wrong on a couple points here. First off, the girl has the right to say what she wants. She doesn't have to sit there and only observe as long as she isn't obstructing the cop from doing his job. Second, the cop does not have a license to kill. A cop cannot just go out and shoot anyone they want. If they do kill someone, it has to be in defense of themselves or another. That is a lot different then a license to kill whoever they wish.

First we don't know why the cops were called. That's a HUGE WHY! Maybe one of tgese kids fit a discription. We just don't know. We need a lot more info.
This is supposed to be video of the fight before the cops arrived.

https://amp.twimg.com/amplify-web-p...ode=en&media_id=607030660239212544&json_rpc=1

If that was it, even more unfortunate. I couldn't tell, was that an adult tussling with a teen? It's hard to tell, but an adult can't let herself go there.

Whatever action is taken or not taken against the cop in question, the other officers seemed to do a great job of calming the situation down and getting "Rambo" under control. If he actually manages to keep his job, it is only because of their good judgement and professionalism.

Simply running is not against the law. Perhaps they didn't want to be illegally detained for doing nothing wrong?

Cops also DO NOT have a license to kill. That is for James Bond.

That cop deserves all the bad stuff he has coming to him. That is not an effective way to handle that situation.

Reminds me of a cop on this board that can't even maintain control of himself on a simple message board.

Cops are not Judges, Juries, or Executioners.

Did you notice how short the cop was in the video? This is why short people shouldnt be placed in roles of authority.

Short people feel inferior and nobody respects them.

Reactions: suhnami
Did you notice how short the cop was in the video? This is why short people shouldnt be placed in roles of authority.

Short people feel inferior and nobody respects them.
Black people or women too. Am I right?

Oh wait you were serious?

Full disclosure, Im 5'10" and have known WAY too many 6'2"+ guys in my life who think they are better looking, tougher, more whatever simply because they are bigger=better brainwashed.

Reactions: johnm17
Black people or women too. Am I right?

Oh wait you were serious?

Full disclosure, Im 5'10" and have known WAY too many 6'2"+ guys in my life who think they are better looking, tougher, more whatever simply because they are bigger=better brainwashed.

First of all, that dude looks 5'6, not 5'10.

Secondly, I'm 6'5, and I am better looking than you.

Saw all this today, it looks like a case of two wrongs not making a right to me. The kids shouldn't be trolling the cops, and the cop shouldn't be running around cussing out kids and wrestling with teenage girls.

Those kids are total freaking morons. They are hanging around after being told to leave, practically taunting the cops in the process, and they are surprised it didn't end well? You can't behave like that and expect anything good to come of it. Just freaking leave, they gave you the chance to leave, several times. Just do it.

Cops have the right to shoot you if they feel you are a threat. Thus a license to kill.

Sure the girl can say what she want, but there are consequences for running your mouth at times in life.

After seeing the video, reading numerous articles, and watching FOX and CNN coverage........I have concluded two things. #1. there are way too many kids who have no respect for authority #2. there are some cops who dont need to be on the streets. My ex- husband was a cop and a parole officer. The crap he put up with was ridiculous....so I am not anti- cop. But this guy escalated the situation. His treatment of the young lady was brutal.....even if she was running her mouth. Now about that mouth. When my kid was about 17 she was driving us on the interstate and she got pulled over by the State Patrol. She gave the cop a little attitude ....and I went off on her when he left. Lets just say...I got my message accross.

Sure the girl can say what she want, but there are consequences for running your mouth at times in life.
The consequence shouldn't be being thrown to the ground, having a grown man's weight on her back (notice how he had both knee weighing on her) and to be handcuffed. The "crime" doesn't fit the punishment no matter how mouthy she was.

And it's not like she was in the cops face either. The officer was overall sensitive and went on a power trip. Like others have said, the other two cops handled the situation prefectly. That's exactly how the aggressive cop should've acted.

The consequence shouldn't be being thrown to the ground, having a grown man's weight on her back (notice how he had both knee weighing on her) and to be handcuffed. The "crime" doesn't fit the punishment no matter how mouthy she was.

And it's not like she was in the cops face either. The officer was overall sensitive and went on a power trip. Like others have said, the other two cops handled the situation prefectly. That's exactly how the aggressive cop should've acted.

This the real word, you don't get to dictate how someone responds to you running your mouth. That's what happens when keeping it real goes wrong. Funny none of the other girls were touched.

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT