ADVERTISEMENT

McCaffrey.

1600 yards as a WR the past two seasons. 140+ yards in their last game that clinched Rice’s first bowl bid in a long time. One TD today so far in their bowl game.
Extraordinary what can happen when a player is finally moved from QB to the proper position where they can really prosper. Everyone knew it with LM and they know it again now. Was a 4 star quarterback.

The stupid Fack wanted to be a qb here then at Louisville them at Rice. It wasn’t the coaches who were holding him hostage.
The irony here? He could have stuck it out and been the best QB on the Nebraska roster this season.

Could have taken over at halftime of the Colorado game, when it became apparent that Sims was retired on active duty.

The irony here? He could have stuck it out and been the best QB on the Nebraska roster this season.

Could have taken over at halftime of the Colorado game, when it became apparent that Sims was retired on active duty.
After hearing how certain non-starting QBs were treated during the frost era, it makes you wonder how much attention was being paid to his development

They both suck as a quarterback.
I don’t disagree

But, mccaffrey accounted for those stats with no coaching very early in his college career

Found a way to win half his starts despite his limitations

An intriguing talent, for sure

Those look identical to purdys career stats
Which is why I’ve never advocated for or wrongly predicted Purdy would be our starting QB going into any season.

Fun and ironic fact: there’s only one Husker in the last 10 years with more fumbles (one more) than Haarberg in a season and this player played in more games/took more snaps than Haarberg in his true freshman season. Hint: you said he should kill himself (I’m assuming after a fumble or interception?). Again, such an oddly stark difference in attitude on your part.

2018 Martinez: 487 rush/pass attempts
2023 HH: 277 rush/pass attempts

Paints a painfully astounding agenda.

Hint: you said he should kill himself
this is not a direct quote, but it was after his 4th INT against purdue

also - are we talking fumbles lost? or just fumbles? be more specific - it'll help get your point across

Meantime, here's a short list of highest NU quarterback winning percentages since Tommy Armstrong graduated:

1. HH
2. McCaffrey

T-Last. purdy, Bunch, Vedral, Sims

also - are we talking fumbles lost? or just fumbles? be more specific - it'll help get your point across

Meantime, here's a short list of highest NU quarterback winning percentages since Tommy Armstrong graduated:

1. HH
2. McCaffrey

Kong is once again smarter than 3 different college coaching staffs that apparently said “no thanks” to LM at QB. Including *checks notes* RICE…their starter just threw his second pick 6 of the game by the way, and they view LM as a worse QB than that. Yowza!

Isn’t he also kong-tagged as a “tucked his tail/quit the team” player? Again, such wildly different views on players who do the same things.

1. HH
2. McCaffrey

Did you forget Smothers didn’t he go 0-1? Threw int to seal a loss to Iowa

Reactions: king_kong_
Kong is once again smarter than 3 different college coaching staffs that apparently said “no thanks” to LM at QB. Including *checks notes* RICE…their starter just threw his second pick 6 of the game by the way, and they view LM as a worse QB than that. Yowza!

Isn’t he also kong-tagged as a “tucked his tail/quit the team” player? Again, such wildly different views on players who do the same things.
he ran from Frost, the biggest loser of them all

again, considering what's come out of that QB room in terms of development & players not even being allowed in meetings, I don't blame him. just like I didn't blame Wan'Dale

he ran from Frost, the biggest loser of them all

again, considering what's come out of that QB room in terms of development & players not even being allowed in meetings, I don't blame him. just like I didn't blame Wan'Dale
Wan’Dale, you are a great receiver. But we are going to need you to act like a 230 lb RB and run dive plays into the teeth of the D line.

In probably the most successful game Frost had at UNL as a head coach was @ Maryland. In that game Luke McCaffrey started at WR as a true freshmen and looked darn good that night. And the Husker faithful in College Park that evening were chanting "Luke" throughout the game. Too bad he didn't stick around in Lincoln his whole career at WR. We could have used him at that position.

Extraordinary what can happen when a player is finally moved from QB to the proper position where they can really prosper. Everyone knew it with LM and they know it again now. Was a 4 star quarterback.
Funny thing is he only started playing QB as a Jr in HS and was strickly a Receiver up to that point. He shoulda stayed a receiver as he had no future as QB.

Reactions: Gary.Busey
total in this one was 59

been stuck on that number since midway through the 3rd quarter

1. HH
2. McCaffrey

Comparing overall carreers vs 5 game player. Would HH or McCaffre be number 1 and 2 if they played a whole season instead of 5 games or less in a season? I say it's a big No!

Comparing overall carreers vs 5 game player. Would HH or McCaffre be number 1 and 2 if they played a whole season instead of 5 games or less in a season? I say it's a big No!
AM never won more games in a season than HH did this year in 7 games.

**this is not a post meant to "stir shit"**

The worst part of seeing McCaffrey's success with Rice as a WR is knowing how absolutely abysmal NU has been over the past decade in developing and retaining high school WR talent. You have to go all the way back to Jordan Westerkamp and Stanley Morgan (recruits in 2012 and 2015) for impact guys who finished their careers with NU. Virtually every other WR since who contributed materially statistically transferred out or quit, or came in through the portal as an upper classman transfer developed by other programs.

The worst part of seeing McCaffrey's success with Rice as a WR is knowing how absolutely abysmal NU has been over the past decade in developing and retaining high school WR talent. You have to go all the way back to Jordan Westerkamp and Stanley Morgan (recruits in 2012 and 2015) for impact guys who finished their careers with NU. Virtually every other WR since who contributed materially statistically transferred out or quit, or came in through the portal as an upper classman transfer developed by other programs.
Frost was so utterly putrid as a head coach it's just impossible to cover all the areas of failure. Player development was just pathetic. He could recruit a little but couldn't figure out WHO to recruit to match the offense. He recruited in back to back to back years McCaffrey, Smothers, and Haarberg as the one and only QB in the class. All are runners with limited ability as throwers. And we were running a passing offense. I literally winced every time I saw Wandale run inside. A totally misused and abused player.

Wish we woulda kept him and convinced him he was a receiver. was probably never in the cards though and needed several stops to realize he wasn't a QB.
His last name coupled with his production is going to get him signed as an UDFA. Who knows, maybe somebody takes a late round flyer on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT