ADVERTISEMENT

Maybe losing Trev was a good thing

I don’t understand what the heck he was thinking when he left. He had the world by the tail with a tremendous compensation package and the boosters were his lapdogs. I don’t know if he thought it would be easier to compete financially ATM? Seemed like an odd move for a guy in his 50s with his number on the stadium.

Maybe there’s more to the story than is being disclosed. Maybe he thinks Rhule isn’t going to deliver like he thought😕

LOL, Trev and TAMU can all go eat a bag of johnsons. They deserve each other. Schloss - a dirtbag no doubt - pulled a fast one on the rest of the dirtbags involved. Does anyone actually think Trev will have a successful and happy experience at TAMU? But he'll be rich and I'm guessing he'll fail upward or at least laterally. So good for him.

I don’t understand what the heck he was thinking when he left. He had the world by the tail with a tremendous compensation package and the boosters were his lapdogs. I don’t know if he thought it would be easier to compete financially ATM? Seemed like an odd move for a guy in his 50s with his number on the stadium.

Maybe there’s more to the story than is being disclosed. Maybe he thinks Rhule isn’t going to deliver like he thought😕
I don't think him leaving had anything to do with Rhule.

LOL, Trev and TAMU can all go eat a bag of johnsons. They deserve each other. Schloss - a dirtbag no doubt - pulled a fast one on the rest of the dirtbags involved. Does anyone actually think Trev will have a successful and happy experience at TAMU? But he'll be rich and I'm guessing he'll fail upward or at least laterally. So good for him.
It almost has to be a desire to climb the ladder to SEC comish. The ATM AD job has booster pressure like he’s never seen. That or he believes NIL fundraising will be much easier at ATM.

It was a crappy move to bail on his new coach and the fanbase IMO. Tom couldn’t have thought much of it. Crapped on Tom too IMO with his selfishness.
I agree with you that it was a crappy move. I just believe there were other factors that contributed to him leaving and not because he didn't think that Rhule could deliver.

It had nothing to do with Rhule. He had some spats with Regents. It should’ve been a minor deal, but Ego gets in the way.

Funny with how things worked with the baseball coach.
Trev missed his last, best shot at a Natty in any sport.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Totally agree Schlossnagle always had one foot aiming towards the door for Texas as he and Conte are best buds . But Trev canned his top baseball guy gave him a little shove .as you say they all deserve each other and what they get

Reactions: WHCSC and mgbreis
The A&M job is arguably one of the better AD positions in the county. Endless money and his ego probably thinks he can make them contenders.

• Haha
Reactions: Landomatic
The A&M job is arguably one of the better AD positions in the county. Endless money and his ego probably thinks he can make them contenders.
But he has no control on any major decisions. The boosters control everything.He was a basically a very well paided fundraiser.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Trev did the most important thing he could while he was here - get rid of Frost and conduct a legitimate coaching search. You kind of needed someone connected to Osborne to end the era of nepotism hires and placeholders.
Him staying here after that is seconday. Honestly it's kind of curious that he angled for a big raise before we know if Rhule is going to pan out, then bailed.

My take is Trev was frustrated over the Regent's deadlock between Dr. Jeff Gold and Bryan Slone for University of Nebraska System President. Dr. Gold is a masker/VAXer and perceived by some as liberal and a DEI guy. Slone is a tax cutter and perceived by some as conservative and not a DEI guy. Trev reportedly supported Gold and Pillen reportedly supported Slone. The university community generally supported Gold. As is typical, when Trev didn't get what he wanted when he wanted it, he took his football and went elsewhere. Ironically, Dr. Gold got the nod 6 days later. Also, spending a half billion on Memorial Stadium was his baby and it became more and more apparent he wasn't going to get a lot of what he dreamed of.

Incidentally, today is Dr. Gold's first official day on the job.

My take is Trev was frustrated over the Regent's deadlock between Dr. Jeff Gold and Bryan Slone for University of Nebraska System President. Dr. Gold is a masker/VAXer and perceived by some as liberal and a DEI guy. Slone is a tax cutter and perceived by some as conservative and not a DEI guy. Trev reportedly supported Gold and Pillen reportedly supported Slone. The university community generally supported Gold. As is typical, when Trev didn't get what he wanted when he wanted it, he took his football and went elsewhere. Ironically, Dr. Gold got the nod 6 days later. Also, spending a half billion on Memorial Stadium was his baby and it became more and more apparent he wasn't going to get a lot of what he dreamed of.

Incidentally, today is Dr. Gold's first official day on the job.
The same will happen at A&M when the time comes Trev doesn’t get his way. Whe he was trying to hire Rhule and the Panthers owner was putting the screws into the deal he was ready to fold his tent and hire Leipold from Kansas. Ted Carter stepped in and finished the deal with Rhule.

One thing to remember...most of us look at this as a fan...HOLY SHIT...MY DREAM JOB! AD at UNL!

Might not have been his dream or dream job.

Reactions: HuskAir
Lifetime Colts fan and their worst #1 draft pick of all-time was either you know who (or Steve Emtman). He was picked much higher than anyone projected and then proved the skeptics right by being a total bust.

Oh, and he used to be a forgettable NU AD.

Yes, he was a very good Husker player, so for that he and Frost deserve equal, minuscule thanks.

All I know is you couldn't pay me enough to stand on a stage and do the Aggie sway... or whatever it's called.
I mean...imagine putting your name on paper and it means you are getting what, 6 million dollars, if you are good or bad at your job and you are ALREADY close to being done working???

Sign me up.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
The fact blockhead trev was actively undermining NIL efforts here should tell you everything you need to know about him and his ability to actually do this job in 2024

Still can’t believe all the fanboys - the governor included - falling over each other wondering “but why?” LOL

I don’t understand what the heck he was thinking when he left. He had the world by the tail with a tremendous compensation package and the boosters were his lapdogs. I don’t know if he thought it would be easier to compete financially ATM?
Not many people know the answer to that. Oddly, Trev admitting that to Schlossnagle that he too had troubles with a stadium project and that sometimes its best to go somewhere else may give us insight into way he left. But good God, why A&M? Those fans are practically a cult down there and all of that money that is given has strings attached. I don't think it's a good fit for an "only my way" type of leader like Trev.

Totally agree Schlossnagle always had one foot aiming towards the door for Texas as he and Conte are best buds . But Trev canned his top baseball guy gave him a little shove .as you say they all deserve each other and what they get
I'm not sure anyone should believe what Schlossnagle says. Schlossnagle proved in his press conference after the CWS that he has no qualms about lying to the press when he thinks it's in his best interest.

I'm not sure anyone should believe what Schlossnagle says. Schlossnagle proved in his press conference after the CWS that he has no qualms about lying to the press when he thinks it's in his best interest.
It is a fact, though, that Trev fired someone important to him and his team. I guess Schlossy can bring him up to Austin now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT